Official Corey Allan released

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Allan must really be on the nose the best he could do was a one year contract at the roosters unlike Schoup he didn’t leave for an extended deal.
I think Schoupp left for a better offer. I think Gus made Allan "an offer he couldn't refuse"

Last edited:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree, why free up so much cash for 2023 and not sign someone. Unless rothfield has been correct all along about our cap
Im pretty sure that you also,have to,spend 95% of the allocated cap. So surely we have another signing on the way?....
Perhaps just upgrades from train and trial contracts?
Who knows. Time will tell I guess.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Im pretty sure that you also,have to,spend 95% of the allocated cap. So surely we have another signing on the way?....
Perhaps just upgrades from train and trial contracts?
Who knows. Time will tell I guess.
Firstly, 95% of how much? No one knows what the Cap is going to be, so how can the NRL police us having to spend 95% of an unknown amount?

Secondly, the final Cap policing happens at the end of the year, so we don't have to "spend" 95% when the season hasn't even started, we have the whole season to "spend" the 95%.

My view is I would always hold something back to mid season, never who might pop up that wasn't available earlier in the season.

Always a Bulldog

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Firstly, 95% of how much? No one knows what the Cap is going to be, so how can the NRL police us having to spend 95% of an unknown amount?

Secondly, the final Cap policing happens at the end of the year, so we don't have to "spend" 95% when the season hasn't even started, we have the whole season to "spend" the 95%.

My view is I would always hold something back to mid season, never who might pop up that wasn't available earlier in the season.

Always a Bulldog
Isn't it farcical, that less than 3 months until season 2023 and still nobody knows the salary cap. Imagine being the dolphins, trying to create a team from scratch and not knowing how much you can spend. The nrlol governing body are an absolute joke.

Last edited:

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Isn't it farcical, that less than 3 months until season 2023 and nobody know the salary cap. Imagine being the dolphins, trying to create a team from scratch and not knowing how much you can spend. The nrlol governing body are an absolute joke.
Its pathetic that a "professional" sport doesn't have this sorted years in advance.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just saw this news took a break with the family and been busy with that

LOL Allen how did he con us into signing him at that price lol

Buster007

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Really what is the point of releasing Allen.
We are now short depth in the backs.

so consider this. If we paid 250 as reported, hey, let’s say 200,
Then it’s free’d up 250-300k only.

whi can we get that’s better for that money??
Allen didn’t live to expectation but he is no dud.
He was our utility that could slot into FB, centre and wing. Could even do hoaxes if we really needed.

we aren’t getting that elsewhere for 300k at this time of the year.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really what is the point of releasing Allen.
We are now short depth in the backs.

so consider this. If we paid 250 as reported, hey, let’s say 200,
Then it’s free’d up 250-300k only.

whi can we get that’s better for that money??
Allen didn’t live to expectation but he is no dud.
He was our utility that could slot into FB, centre and wing. Could even do hoaxes if we really needed.

we aren’t getting that elsewhere for 300k at this time of the year.
It may mean an extra 50-75k for someone like Kiraz (plus a little aside in case someone like Alamoti or Skelton kicks on this year) along with a minimum wage player, which to be fair with all of Alan’s injuries is his max value

Buster007

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It may mean an extra 50-75k for someone like Kiraz (plus a little aside in case someone like Alamoti or Skelton kicks on this year) along with a minimum wage player, which to be fair with all of Alan’s injuries is his max value
But how does that achieve anything of note. The bulldogs have already signed the kebab next year.
And consider this;
That slot still needs to be taken by a player and the minimum is 150.
So whether we get a junior, an Arab off the street or a star, we must still spend 150.
So all it has done is just given us 100k.
If Allen came on the market right now for 250 I’d buy him!

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But how does that achieve anything of note. The bulldogs have already signed the kebab next year.
And consider this;
That slot still needs to be taken by a player and the minimum is 150.
So whether we get a junior, an Arab off the street or a star, we must still spend 150.
So all it has done is just given us 100k.
If Allen came on the market right now for 250 I’d buy him!
Thankfully you are not responsible for those decisions and others are.
$100k can go a long way in keeping talented youngsters happy and tied to your club while working additional space in your cap for extensions that perhaps weren’t planned, or became necessary sooner than expected due to outstanding seasons/performance.
As for your comment re signing an Arab off the street…..that nonsense sounds very similar to a former poster named Nasheed….are you related?!?

Buster007

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Thankfully you are not responsible for those decisions and others are.
$100k can go a long way in keeping talented youngsters happy and tied to your club while working additional space in your cap for extensions that perhaps weren’t planned, or became necessary sooner than expected due to outstanding seasons/performance.
As for your comment re signing an Arab off the street…..that nonsense sounds very similar to a former poster named Nasheed….are you related?!?
No just thought that is Kennel humour. Everyone here seems to be into this.
I may not be in charge of roster management at the Bulslogs but I can guarantee you those that are aren’t bringing in Kiraz and just giving him extra dollars on top of his contract.

If they do anything, it’ll be to front load someone else’s contract like Mariner.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No just thought that is Kennel humour. Everyone here seems to be into this.
I may not be in charge of roster management at the Bulslogs but I can guarantee you those that are aren’t bringing in Kiraz and just giving him extra dollars on top of his contract.

If they do anything, it’ll be to front load someone else’s contract like Mariner.
It may have been a Freudian slip… but supporting the Bulslogs has been a slog the last….near decade!

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not sure it will last but this Buster fella is good for a laugh..genuinely laughed out loud at the Bulslogs typo..if intended I'd have gone with bullslugs :tearsofjoy: