Core skills

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I have been saying it and pointing it out since last year, our skills. What do we do at training? Passing, kicking, catching, set plays etc etc. At half time tonight on FOX Anasta, Kimmorley and Williams were talking and they flat out all said, Dogs have the worst set of "core skills" in the league. They can't pass, catch etc etc.

Any Coach of any era regardless of the game passing them by can all teach these thing.......WTF?
Williams? Was T Rex on the call lol

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup. Here's what Mark Waugh tweeted during the game.

it's amazing how paralysing a lack of confidence is in sport. Bulldogs can't do the basics a 10yo could do at present.
After watching my daughters U11 team all year, I cannot disagree.

In fact they haven't knocked on from a penalty tap since....ever.

They've scored way more tries off kicks too.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The team is just poorly coached. The systems are absolute garbage and look even worse now as it's clear the players have no belief in them. We deadset look like we play with less players than the other team.
Gotenks you're right on the money. I don't believe it. I thought that I was the only one who thought that the other team had more players than us. In a way they have got more than us as they are able to cover more ground than us. Simply because they are that much more fit than us and find it easier to cover more of the paddock.

Most of us have complained about our gameplan, but in reality we don't have ove. When our front row forwards are used as first receivers it is an obvious indication that the coach has lost the plot. (But what plot?) We have an outstanding running back in Moses Mbye who has never been and never will be a half back but the coach keeps playing him at no.7. (Another repetition of failure... for what reason?) The majority of our forwards are slow, have no mongrel and are out of condition; but Hasler (aka the coach) has them as the platform of his "winning formula". Using them as a foundation is like launching an ICBM on a 60 degree angle pile of sand.

I suppose I could go on and on about our backline but I'll leave that to someone else. I don't want to feel all the gloom.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every young player in our club would be shit scared to get a call up by des.
The core skills every young half back practices and emulates as a kid of their heroes is taken away by des.
Frawley looked the goods at first. Week by week i feel he got his skills shackled.
It's why i don't want lewis or cleeland or whoever resembles a creative player blooded by des. Best these kids hold of their aspirations till a new coach comes along.
They'll be better for it as players and increase their stocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.