Controversial Opinion

hulk hogan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lichaa has improved on weaknesses in his game (decision making, passing off the deck, leadership) and is still being hammered by some for his history and reputation.

At this point in time, he's the best option at 9 that we have.

Fight me
Ok let’s do it

hulk hogan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It comes down to money, who else we can get to the club and his understanding that if we get a better option, Lichaa is in CC and the proverbial ball is in his court to improve and force his way back.

Fortunately he seems to take that kind of attitude well.
He is a bum still reserve grader at best what a joke anyone thinks he is worth resigning

Banned
Reaction score
Mate that article is from 2017, he was definitely paid that amount back then.
True, yet I can't see him going backwards in salary, otherwise he would be elsewhere by now.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He is a bum still reserve grader at best what a joke anyone thinks he is worth resigning
If you re read that quoted post, I suggested we re-sign him for reserve grade

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If you re read that quoted post, I suggested we re-sign him for reserve grade
It's best he just go.

We need to set a standard.

No more bumbling performances then much improved for contract last few months.

Club first.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's best he just go.

We need to set a standard.

No more bumbling performances then much improved for contract last few months.

Club first.
Do you believe that's how he operates?

Is it possible, in your opinion there could be other factors at play? For example, we see him improving in games where he plays more off the cuff?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Do you believe that's how he operates?

Is it possible, in your opinion there could be other factors at play? For example, we see him improving in games where he plays more off the cuff?
Five years. Over 100 games. Still blaming coaches for holding him back?

Do you mean both Des and Dean both changed their stifling gameplans at the end of his contract years so he could play off the cuff for a few games.

There's no reasonable explanation other than the players' extra effort when it suits him financially.

It's all a personal opinion why it happens with him and that's my explanation.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our spine is not on the same page.. for eg Lichaa has come up with some handy runs out of dummy half the past month and none of the spine players are there backing him up..

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Five years. Over 100 games. Still blaming coaches for holding him back?

Do you mean both Des and Dean both changed their stifling gameplans at the end of his contract years so he could play off the cuff for a few games.

There's no reasonable explanation other than the players' extra effort when it suits him financially.

It's all a personal opinion why it happens with him and that's my explanation.
It's been all but confirmed Lichaa went off script at the end of his last contract.

I don't know the bloke, but it seems pretty short sighted to play poorly for 90% of your contract then show marked improvement when the season is gone and you only have a handful of games to show your worth.

Unless he's comfortable being mediocre and signing "small contracts" for his entire football playing career

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would put Lichaa and JMK on equal footings for different reasons.

Lichaa better defensively, but still runs and passes like a numpty and the rest of the team look like there not sure exactly what he's going to do. He can scoot effectively, but rarely does.
JMK weaker in defense, doesn't run enough, but does his job otherwise and is more predictable for the team.

IMO, neither should be our No.1 DH, we need to buy one. But JMK would be better as No.2 DH as he is steadily improving, Lichaa has hasn't improved for years and I'm not falling for the "playing for a contract" form he's showing atm. Once bitten, twice...dump him regardless.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maybe Lichaa has reached his use by date. JMK is an option, but not a real one. So just who do we replace him with?
Jacob Liddle is still a chance I hear.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe Lichaa has reached his use by date. JMK is an option, but not a real one. So just who do we replace him with?
Jacob Liddle is still a chance I hear.
Wouldn't be upset about Liddle.
Not sure how he's going in ESL but Parcell is off contract this year

HaceDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You must be watching a different game to me. He still takes 2 steps before he passes and still keeps passing to forwards on the 4th and 5th when we are attacking. He also still doesn't run. He has been better than earlier in the year but that's not saying much. I would still prefer JMK.
Lichaa has improved on weaknesses in his game (decision making, passing off the deck, leadership) and is still being hammered by some for his history and reputation.

At this point in time, he's the best option at 9 that we have.

Fight me

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You must be watching a different game to me. He still takes 2 steps before he passes and still keeps passing to forwards on the 4th and 5th when we are attacking. He also still doesn't run. He has been better than earlier in the year but that's not saying much. I would still prefer JMK.
Lichaa's a better long minute Hooker imo. I like JMK off the bench. Since coming back into the team I think Lichaa has been 1 of our best players. Only reason I wouldn't play him is if he's going next year, might as well give JMK more minutes, but since he's starting and our season is over I'm going to assume he's here next year too. Our forwards can't tackle bust, especially Tolman, he should play more to the teams strengths and not what we don't have for sure. If Lichaa was at Manly or Sharks (for e.g.) passing close to the line would actually cause damage, but for us it's a wasted tackle 99% of the time.

cazman

Waterboy
Reaction score
Lichaa too dumb to be a hooker, thats the real issue here
Lichaa's a better long minute Hooker imo. I like JMK off the bench. Since coming back into the team I think Lichaa has been 1 of our best players. Only reason I wouldn't play him is if he's going next year, might as well give JMK more minutes, but since he's starting and our season is over I'm going to assume he's here next year too. Our forwards can't tackle bust, especially Tolman, he should play more to the teams strengths and not what we don't have for sure. If Lichaa was at Manly or Sharks (for e.g.) passing close to the line would actually cause damage, but for us it's a wasted tackle 99% of the time.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hope so cause that spud ain’t worth that either they offered him to the rooster when friend went down and even they went with radley
Hes on $300k this year.