Controversial Opinion

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lichaa has improved on weaknesses in his game (decision making, passing off the deck, leadership) and is still being hammered by some for his history and reputation.

At this point in time, he's the best option at 9 that we have.

Fight me

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lichaa has improved on weaknesses in his game (decision making, passing off the deck, leadership) and is still being hammered by some for his history and reputation.

Fight me
I agree. His form in regies was very good, and he seems to have brought it with him to fg.
Sure enough everyone will say he is playing for a contract, but it's still true he is playing better.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Fight me
Played injured last night and still worked his arse off in the middle.. I'm with Andy Raymond on this.. best of lichaa is yet to come but by the time that happens we will most likely have a better rake at the club.

The big question is.. do U resign him for one more year and see what the next coach gets from him?

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score

Fight me
Agree he has improved and he is the best option we have but Thurston was vocal in last night's post match about Lichaas penchant for consistently taking the team in the wrong direction.

Myth busted.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Played injured last night and still worked his arse off in the middle.. I'm with Andy Raymond on this.. best of lichaa is yet to come but by the time that happens we will most likely have a better rake at the club.

The big question is.. do U resign him for one more year and see what the next coach gets from him?
It comes down to money, who else we can get to the club and his understanding that if we get a better option, Lichaa is in CC and the proverbial ball is in his court to improve and force his way back.

Fortunately he seems to take that kind of attitude well.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is far from the truth. If we had say Adam Reynolds, Josh Morris and Daniel Tupou we'd be in the 8.
No way we would need far more recruits then those 3 to be any where near the 8.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
This is far from the truth. If we had say Adam Reynolds, Josh Morris and Daniel Tupou we'd be in the 8.
Na we wouldn't because we'd still have Pay and he still couldn't coach :grinning:

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree he has improved and he is the best option we have but Thurston was vocal in last night's post match about Lichaas penchant for consistently taking the team in the wrong direction.

Myth busted.
I watch Fox, what was Thurston referring to exactly?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Last 2 weeks Lichaa has been good/better, but we've fallen into this trap before. I think there will be to much of an outrage if we resign him to play as our #1 Hooker again.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
No way we would need far more recruits then those 3 to be any where near the 8.
Yes we would. We look so much better just when Foran plays. You add a top centre, winger and the best kicking game in the comp and we would've won another 4 games which would have us in he 8.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Last 2 weeks Lichaa has been good/better, but we've fallen into this trap before. I think there will be to much of an outrage if we resign him to play as our #1 Hooker again.
Outrage isn't a good indicator of sense though.

The same thing could be said if he leaves and improves again

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
I watch Fox, what was Thurston referring to exactly?
Lichaa constantly taking the team away from our structure and not counting numbers.

I agree he has improved but the ball goes where he wants it to instead of where the halves want it.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Where did I say that?
Nah you didn’t

I thought you were insinuating

Yes he’s playing well

I gave him the 3,2,1 last week and he probably got 1 last nights game

I was actually thinking to myself when JMK went to 9 ‘bring Lichaa back on Derp Pay’

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree he's been OK in recent times. But we can't judge him on the last few weeks, we did that at his last contract and look what happened.

We're just going to have to look harder and scout for someone with potential, I'd rather give someone else a shot than re-sign Lichaa.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes we would. We look so much better just when Foran plays. You add a top centre, winger and the best kicking game in the comp and we would've won another 4 games which would have us in he 8.
Getting other players wouldn’t magically make Foran fit. Our pack really struggles to build a platform and most halves and backs would struggle. Gotta agree to disagree.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When his contract is nearly up goes to a different level....strange that