Contenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
ffs the invisible family history must include alot of young sex, 7 generations in almost 45 years
It may have been a slight exaggeration on the greats there LOL..

That said, I believe that Souths last premiership is referred to as being in "a land that time forgot". Where TRex roamed the earth, and humans with few teeth roamed the globe with a universal language of grunting and groaning and hitting things with sticks.

http://goo.gl/maps/OzeSF

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DEFENCE wins games and since we have the best defence so far I guess we are back up there but I wouldn't say we are a heavy weight just yet ... we need to work on our attack and not have slow starts so we don't chase points .. once we get all that right our defence will win us games! Go the DOGGIES ..!!!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
In all seriousness though, only just crept into the 1970s with a premiership, and nothing from then on.

In the past 14 years they have won more wooden spoons than any other side (3) (even more than Parra!).

Apart from Parra they are the second highest earner of the wooden spoon of remaining NRL sides.

Sammy77

New Pup
Reaction score
Very rich coming from a team that wins the penalty count every week .
We are wining with a lob sided penalty count for one half every week .
They needed 3 to for sets for both try's we scored our second with one set .

Once we stop getting smashed by refs with crap penalties wins will be plus 12
If we were smarter repeat sets would be our aim instead of cheap chip kicks to the winger.

ninja_h

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
crowd numbers down this year. Rumour has it, that because the game wasn't on pension day, souths supporters had no reason to get up early.

And besides..

Last time souths won a premiership, it took my great, great, great, great, great, great, grandfather 3 hours to get his horse and cart out of the parking lot.
lmfao

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
We beat the Storm and Roosters who will be there in September. Souths are at risk of missing out altogether. Inglis looks like he's playing busted and their reserve grade halfback has no ideas outside the hail mary bomb.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
The word gets thrown around a fair bit amongst League supporters.

Over at the Souths forum they're calling us pretenders and saying we've ridden our luck.

What do you guys think?

I think we're contenders this year.
Im surprised any Souffs supporters can read

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we were smarter repeat sets would be our aim instead of cheap chip kicks to the winger.
More and more teams use this tactic because of the rule changes if the ball is kicked dead, especially if trying to close out a game..

rissolerob

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It may have been a slight exaggeration on the greats there LOL..

That said, I believe that Souths last premiership is referred to as being in "a land that time forgot". Where TRex roamed the earth, and humans with few teeth roamed the globe with a universal language of grunting and groaning and hitting things with sticks.

http://goo.gl/maps/OzeSF
So nothing has changed for them.

HITM3N

THE KENNEL
Gilded
Reaction score
FOXSPORTS is now Coveraging Rabbitohs Games on the HISTORY CHANNEL because of fans constantly talking about the past...

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We are contenders going on strike rate so far. We are only 1/5 of the way through the season though no big losses yet. We and every other team have a lot of improvement to make before we see which sides are going to dominate the season. Things will change with the speed of the ruck now and no chats with refs to halt proceedings. The little men of the game will learn to pick their places better and some sides will improve a lot because of this.

I'm not sure if our backline is settled yet. We are earning our wins based on defense, the hard work of our pack, the composure of Hodkinson and some flair from Reynolds and at times a few of the outside backs. A few added set plays to involve Perrett and the rest of the backs involved would be nice. But our pack is built for grinding football so more importantly I'd like to see us aiming for repeat sets from 3/5 of our attacking sets. Getting our monster pack in possession often will mean most sides have no juice left to attack with.

Billy Bean

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Specials for the top four .... When we control the ball i like our chances against anyone.

Hardest to beat Roosters ... Dark horse Parramatta.

Malla

Reaction score
It's the way we are winning that has me believing we are contenders. We are playing semi-final style footy. Heavily reliant on our defence, making less errors and giving away less penalties. You look at our tries and there's nothing that will blow you away (like 2012), however our wingers have scored the majority on the back of backline movements which is a sign of a well structured team.

We have the best defence in the comp thus far and we back ourselves to score more points in the 80 minutes, even if it is by 1. I was watching Matty Johns show and Gordon Tallis made the comment that we aren't contenders yet because we haven't won convinsingly all year - stupid thing to say given our defence has shut out every team we have played this year. Take the Warriors out and no team has scored more than 3 tries against us. Would be interesting to see how many of those tries came from kicks.

JuStINcReDIbLe.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The word gets thrown around a fair bit amongst League supporters.

Over at the Souths forum they're calling us pretenders and saying we've ridden our luck.

What do you guys think?

I think we're contenders this year.
Dogs are 100% title contenders

Status
Not open for further replies.