Conspiracy theory...

Status
Not open for further replies.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Is Des deliberately employing tactics to lose games so he can jag a multi-million dollar pay out in advance?

The old golden handshake?

The guy substituted noted kicker Frawley in golden point for a hooker.... one ponders?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is Des deliberately employing tactics to lose games so he can jag a multi-million dollar pay out in advance?

The guy substituted noted kicker Frawley in golden point for a hooker.... one ponders?

anything is possible with des.

we dont even know how much he signed Foran for?

could be 1.5 million a year. no wonder we are over the salary cap with fringe first graders in our top 17

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Something doesn't smell right... he doesn't appear to be as concerned as he was pre-contract negotiations.

Some of his strategic decision making has been left to be desired.

From some angles, it looks as though he's used everyone like pawns in a chess game.

I think something is brewing...

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Pay him out. Give him his 7mil, then egg the fuck out of his mansion in Manly.

BlueStar

Waterboy
Reaction score
Judging from the post match interviews and the tactics the team uses every game I'd say he's stubborn and uses "stats" as his excuses. If the points are being delivered then they don't mean sh**. My car's back window is covered in Bulldogs stickers and my room has Bulldogs merchandise everywhere and it's so painful to even look at it but I'll support the team no matter how hard it is

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is blatantly obvious that his manager told the club that Foran will come if you resign Hasler, this is where our problem for the next few years sits.
The club looked set to many that Hasler was on the outter and we needed to change, then along comes a ridiculously rushed new contract followed by Forans signing.
I have never felt so disengaged with the Canterbury club than i do today and i cant believe what has happened.
Hasler needs to go now and quickly and the club needs to speak about what if any attachment Foran has to Hasler being at the club.
I cant wait for Foran to be in our colours but I honestly would let him go if it meant Hasler got punted...sad but true.

Having said all that, the penalty gifted to Parramatta last night to basically win the game was pathetic and Hasler should 'invest' $10,000 of his enormous salary slamming the refs in general because i think it would show he actually cares and it would show he wants to save his career.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Its a win, win situation for him since the extension. He can coach how he wants knowing he has a 2 year deal. If the club doesn't like it they have to pay him out. And some other club will be stupid enough to hire him.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just think Des has been left behind by the changing game and is either too stubborn or stupid to change.

I think kicking off in golden point was ridiculous but if you are going to do it you might as well have you strongest defensive players out there.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score

No.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NO. He believes the Dogs will do well next year when Foran and woods arrive. He knows that if the dogs try their guts out this year and do well they will not be as hungry next year. He wants all energy placed on next year. He wants the media next year to constantly mention how 'des turned the dogs of bore into minor premiers'. He wants that rags to riches story. He wants people to say genius hasler does it again...how did he transform the dogs attack. He loves the attention

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
NO. He believes the Dogs will do well next year when Foran and woods arrive. He knows that if the dogs try their guts out this year and do well they will not be as hungry next year. He wants all energy placed on next year. He wants the media next year to constantly mention how 'des turned the dogs of bore into minor premiers'. He wants that rags to riches story. He wants people to say genius hasler does it again...how did he transform the dogs attack. He loves the attention
That's a very interesting take and one that has some good merit. If we finish near last, the only way is up right? He looks a genius if he gets the team firing.

But he also risks some credibility by doing sweet f-all to change it up and for underachieving in a big way this year when considering he has 3 current Origin reps, 3 past origin reps, 2 kiwi internationals and the current England captain and can't get wins on the board.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I just think Des has been left behind by the changing game and is either too stubborn or stupid to change.

I think kicking off in golden point was ridiculous but if you are going to do it you might as well have you strongest defensive players out there.
I actually like kicking off in golden point...better to get a good kick in and back your defence and try to force a kick from deep in opposition territory or an error.... Parra actually did come up with an error last night, we just didn't get the call.

My main issue is our performance up to that point just didn't cut it. Showed nothing in the first half... came back and showed some will to win and energy in the second, but we should have been able to capitalise more on all that ball.

However we feel about kicking off or running first in golden point, I guess we can probably agree it should never have reached golden point in the first place? It was a must win game and Parra didn't turn up. Major opportunity blown!

Last edited:

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No 8 next year without at least a poor to average 1st grade hooker.
If we get a shit 1st grade standard 9 we might scrape in.
Definitely won't make 8 with Licha 9 and Mbye 6 or 7

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Here is a more "plausible" theory....

The players are tanking to get rid of that cancer ****.
That crossed my mind for a moment but they all seem to be drinking the fuckheads kool-aid

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or, how about this one for another conspiracy theory -

The players are that sick to death of him that the only way to get rid of him is to drop as many games as possible and force the clubs hand. There are many of them that have been said to be pissed with him pushing certain players out the door.

Players control
77th minute play the ball in opposition territory with tackles remaining & locked at 12 all.
What did everyone in the country accept our players know what the next 2 plays needed to be?
2 runs to the posts & kick a feild goal.

Or maybe they didn't want to..........

Last edited:

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Here is a more "plausible" theory....

The players are tanking to get rid of that cancer ****.
I did think that but they've been shit for so long the tanking would've had to have started last year.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The irony is we all have a weekly job that pays us for performances this year. If i don't perform then i don't have a job next week let alone next year.
Haslers take on all this sucks if this is his intention.

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm hoping Des' new contract had a "make the top 8 in 2017 or it is null and void for 18/19" clause

Status
Not open for further replies.