Official Consolidated Trent Barrett Leaving Bulldogs Thread

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So how many coaches do we sack before we get this team performing? Not saying Barett shouldnt have been sacked but the club needs to take responsibility for making bad decisions because it looks so bad when coaches are sacked mid contract..we need to get it fukin right

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We kind of knew Baz wasn't an attractive point for the recruits.
Mahoney probably couldnt give a shit about Baz, hasnt played under him etc. Kikau i thought maybe there was a relationship there. he would also have a relationship with gus i'd imagine so gus would make sure hes still coming

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's very sad mate.
I understand he needed to go, and it's the correct decision.
But we shouldn't we jumping for joy because we are pretty much gonna start all over again.
The next coach will be copping it from us fans as well.
Great words Bro, some have said that we have the most fanatical fans in the league which might cause our board and coaches to panic.
Whats the bet that as soon as an appointment is anounced and before a ball is kicked someone will start a "sack the coach thread"

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So he’s walked out on the team instead of fronting up and making sure the lads were ok?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Mahoney probably couldnt give a shit about Baz, hasnt played under him etc. Kikau i thought maybe there was a relationship there. he would also have a relationship with gus i'd imagine so gus would make sure hes still coming
Let's be honest... 2022 and 2023 recruits were all about money, not Baz.

It's not like he is Bellamy or Bennett...

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would be step forward if the players leadership group showed some leadership - maybe direct the squad to turn up at Belmore on their day off (Tuesday) and do a load of extras - whether it be goal kicking, passing from dummy half, short kicks long kicks, catching bombs whatever they can practice without need for coaching staff

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s a lovely day. All these great confirmation articles, happy days people !! We now have something to get excited about .. optimism.. CHECK.!!! :grinning: :hearteyes: !! Bring it.

Cartel

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Would be step forward if the players leadership group showed some leadership - maybe direct the squad to turn up at Belmore on their day off (Tuesday) and do a load of extras - whether it be goal kicking, passing from dummy half, short kicks long kicks, catching bombs whatever they can practice without need for coaching staff
Yeah right

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know this is what the club needed BUT fuck it's still an awful feeling. He came to the club proud of his love for the Bulldogs and its traditions and heritage.

He tried to instil that into the playing group and had them mingle with the local community and kept bringing various ex-players to come and mingle with the young playing group.

He had the best intentions and I know this is a results-driven business but I think we've laid the boot into Trent quite enough. He was a good guy who again had his chance at coaching and it didn't work out for him or the team and club.

Good luck to him in his future endeavours and I hope he finds success in whatever he does next.
Well said my bro, hope Barrett find something less stressful.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's be honest... 2022 and 2023 recruits were all about money, not Baz.

It's not like he is Bellamy or Bennett...
exactly. i wonder how long the club will wait before announcing the interim/next coach. i'd say its all agreed to and everyone involved knows who it is but due to Baz's 'resignation' the club cant be seen to replace him within 45 mins otherwise it looks like it was planned (which it was). reckon we hear before the game this week?