Consolidated Refs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well most of what I said was Truth lol, about luck etc..we did all that !! And won the game!!!!!!!

But I take back what I said about the refs because last night was blatant corruption, and those pricks robbed our boys!!!!!!!!
Absolutely spot on

Dog Till I Die

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even if Sutton calls Pay this morning and apologises, it doesn't excuse the fact we played poorly for the better part of the match. That said, it's probably the only match this year where our poor play nearly got us home. 17 missed tackles...9 errors = 43% possession. Someone once said it's a simple game, just hold on to the pill for 6.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mate they had double the line breaks, double the off loads, 57% of the possession and their chief playmaker handled the ball 53 times compared to ours who only handled it 25 times. We had more errors and conceded more penalties. Is it painting a picture for you yet? We can argue all day about whether the refs errors had an impact but it wasn't the ref who raced in off his wing and left Oates with 20m of clear space. It wasn't the ref who let Ofengahue bounce off defenders. It wasn't the ref who dropped the ball cold on the first tackle after the kick off to put the Broncos on our 20m line. Let's face it even allowing for all those things if RFM tackles Ofengahue properly they don't score that try and the rest of it never happens. Another one to add it was Klemmers backchat and Montoya's bothched intercept. Both added to our red zone problems.
The Corey Oates try came off the back of a questionable referees decision.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
seriously, I remember feeling off about that play and you just nailed why! What bullshit to just wait and wait, hoping for something he can rule against us?

He did the same thing when one of their forwards was wrestling in the tackle and was held, but he waited and then the guy got his hand free and offloaded - it just felt so dumb that he was making our players have to contain him for ages!
I remember that one as well. Agreed held should have been called.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What crap.

It doesn't matter if he barely touched him.

He interferred with him in a try scoring moment.
And Boyd deserves an academy award for his over reaction. Re your earlier post I don't have a major issue with last penalty although discretion could and should be used by refs in all aspects of the game. The rest of the penalties eere BS.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What crap.

It doesn't matter if he barely touched him.

He interferred with him in a try scoring moment.
And you would be up in arms if Broncos were penalised for same thing.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even if Sutton calls Pay this morning and apologises, it doesn't excuse the fact we played poorly for the better part of the match. That said, it's probably the only match this year where our poor play nearly got us home. 17 missed tackles...9 errors = 43% possession. Someone once said it's a simple game, just hold on to the pill for 6.
We should still be able to be given the opportunity to win ugly without the calls against us from Sutton that in my opinion and others decided the outcome of the game

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He is a corrupt maggot!!!
14 straight wins at home for Broncos under Sutton!!!
How is that even possible?
Statically it isn't, hence there is a another factor at work.

I will also mention we have only won 2 of the last 10 games at ANZ under Sutton. So much for home ground advantage, thanks for nothing you corrupt ****!!

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I posted earlier today on a similar topic concerning the independence and therefore integrity of the referees boss Bernard Sutton commenting on the efficacy of his brother Gerard Suttons' controversial calls in the Bulldogs v Broncos game.

Ive only just now realised that the 2 onfield refs in our Thursday night game were Gerard Sutton and HIS BROTHER Chris Sutton.

So here we go. Gerard and Chris Sutton made calls after conferring with each other during the game concerning the knock on by a Bronco of a high ball, non square Broncos marker who caused JMK to knock on, the treatment of Klemmer as captain, JMoz supposedly running someone off the ball, Mybes light touch on Boyd to end the game and the perfect performance of the Broncos in the 2nd half by not conceding any penalties.

Its irrelevent for commentators to say oh well it works itself out in the end. Many calls in a game are 50/50, some calls are what Phil Gould refers to as 1% calls - the ref may have a point but 99% of people think the call should of gone the other way, based upon calls in other games - eg the knock on of the bomb in this game and
JMoz hardly doing anything Thurston didnt do last night but wasnt penalized. So Bulldogs supporters are mainly concerned with the CONSISTENCY of refereeing and getting the rough end of the pineapple EVERY TIME WE HAVE GERARD SUTTON REFERREEING OUR GAME. We dont get 50% of the 50/50 calls and every 1% call goes against us.

Delving deeper, Thursdays game was refereed by Gerard and Chris Sutton. When Pay complained, Bernard Sutton reviews his brothers performances and importantly, as the referees boss THEN ADVISES THE NRL AS TO WHETHER OR NOT A COACH HAS OVERSTEPPED the mark with his comments and bought the game into disrepute warranting a fine.

Any person using an ounce of logic realises that where there is no independence, collusion can occur. Bernard Sutton should be sacked as referees boss if his 2 brothers are going to be active match referees. HOW THE HELL CAN THE NRL HAVE LET BERNARD SUTTONS APPOINTMENT HAPPEN. The risk of collusion and match fixing by the referees in this situation is so great that the NRL has itself BOUGHT THE GAME INTO DISREPUTE. There needs to be an immediate investigation into this lack of independence.
best post of this thread by far.....

Anditsgone

Waterboy
Reaction score
It was really awkward watching that little turd treat klemmer like dirt under his shoe.
I'm glad Pay addressed it and hopefully will pursue the lack of professionalism shown towards our players by this weasel.
I agree,
The refs expect and deserved to be spoken to by players respectfully and so to the players by the officials.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How about the addo car no try yesterday. That was great officiating

I thought that the idea was to allow play on to see if there was any advantage. The offence took place at the play the ball and Melbourne took their advantage by scoring a try and then the official calls it back and awards a penalty?????

Are they for real....how many times do we see it in the case of the ten metre rule where a side is offside but the ref allows it to go through until ball is out of play by form of a tackle etc.then awards the penalty if the advantage has not been taken. Can't have their cake and eat it too.....

I see also where Cam Smith was of the opinion that the attacking of his family jewels which caused him to be on the ground near the Melbourne line for McInnes to score was deliberate..thoughts anyone?? The gap opened up wider than Sydney heads for that one and when I thought about it it seemed VERY un -Melbourne like for that to happen....

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What did I see when I opened the paper this morning whilst having at coffee at Gloria Jean's....an article from Buzz about the fact that Gerard has presided over a pretty good wining streak for the Broncos at Suncorp and positive penalty counts and the fact that we have only won 2 out of our last ten with him in charge...what were we all talking about over the weekend???

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree,
The refs expect and deserved to be spoken to by players respectfully and so to the players by the officials.
Absolutely but the refs wouldn't even have a job if it wasn't for the players. The players are the product not the officials.
That arrogant wanker has gotten too big for his boots

Malla

Reaction score
I'll never forget the way the footy show, the papers and the media as a whole painted Sutton as a hero after black Friday. The blokes made of teflon, can do no wrong and clearly as stated above is shielded by his own brothers from any consequences of being a shit fuck ref.

Anditsgone

Waterboy
Reaction score
Absolutely but the refs wouldn't even have a job if it wasn't for the players. The players are the product not the officials.
That arrogant wanker has gotten too big for his boots
Sadly you are right.
The authority seems to have gone to his head

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What did I see when I opened the paper this morning whilst having at coffee at Gloria Jean's....an article from Buzz about the fact that Gerard has presided over a pretty good wining streak for the Broncos at Suncorp and positive penalty counts and the fact that we have only won 2 out of our last ten with him in charge...what were we all talking about over the weekend???
Yep Buzz reports the kennel info again.

I like how he stated that he wasn't insinuating anything untoward the refs (rorting)...actually Buzz we know you were, you just had to put a little disclaimer in..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.