Consolidated Refs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
don't need to go that far back

just compare the knock on from foran in the first half from kick off, that went backwards too.

he was wearing the wrong jersey hence it was called a knock on.
Interesting point. Would anyone have footage of this?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Interesting point. Would anyone have footage of this?
Full match replays are on nrl.com but i don't have a subscription. I'm trying to find the footage myself, might look through foxtel and see if the replay is up.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Thank you.

But most people here won't believe it.

It's where, I think his right hand is.

Rubbish Kaz. That was a knock on. 100 percent. Don’t see how you can argue a reality that is so clear. Your player even stopped and awaited the whistle ffs.

Your team was absolutely gifted 2 points on Thursday. There’s no doubt about it. The vast majority of fans can see it....and not just fans of our club.

The game is a corrupt circus sideshow and the refs have fucked up this time. They were way too transparent and most people see what they did.

Even the 8-3 penalty count was an absolute abomination.

Rigged.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You are bound to find other refs saying the same thing in other games with other teams..
Only the corrupt ones.

Stop defending the indefensible just because your team benefited. :p

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its so funny reading the posts on this thread from before the game...some of the ref doubters must be thinking twice now surely

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Its so funny reading the posts on this thread from before the game...some of the ref doubters must be thinking twice now surely
Yeah dt if they still think sutton is ok, they need to think again. I will focus here on 2 incident that were basic errors of the rules;-
1) 2014 semi final at allianz against Manly. Josh Reynolds kicked the ball and it strikes Sutton thus affecting play and it results in a scrum. We were in our attacking half. Sutton gave manly the feed. Only when Josh Morris pointed out it was our feed did he change his decision.
2) 2017 v Roosters at ANZ. Game on the line in last few minutes. Six again called in Bulldogs favor. At the end of that tackle he ruled changeover and said the touch judge had over ruled him. When I was a ref the touch judge was in control of the lines and only the lines. Has that changed?

While I think about it, Imho I don't think supporters of other clubs should be allowed to post on a bulldogs site.

chrise186

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
when a fullback leaps from the in goal area and lands in the field of play , that's a 7 tackle set

Mbye did the opposite , started from the field of play
I didn't see him jump to catch that he was running and caught it. I can see whAt your trying to Say but it was one motion

Yanni Gogolak

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The NRL should issue a fine to itself... for allowing a Ref to determine and completely change the course of this game. Their defence of the Ref's 2nd half decisions was pathetic, and demonstrates they are a few sandwiches short of a picnic ! Surely Greenberg can take a look at this bias and sort it ? SURELY ?

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I posted earlier today on a similar topic concerning the independence and therefore integrity of the referees boss Bernard Sutton commenting on the efficacy of his brother Gerard Suttons' controversial calls in the Bulldogs v Broncos game.

Ive only just now realised that the 2 onfield refs in our Thursday night game were Gerard Sutton and HIS BROTHER Chris Sutton.

So here we go. Gerard and Chris Sutton made calls after conferring with each other during the game concerning the knock on by a Bronco of a high ball, non square Broncos marker who caused JMK to knock on, the treatment of Klemmer as captain, JMoz supposedly running someone off the ball, Mybes light touch on Boyd to end the game and the perfect performance of the Broncos in the 2nd half by not conceding any penalties.

Its irrelevent for commentators to say oh well it works itself out in the end. Many calls in a game are 50/50, some calls are what Phil Gould refers to as 1% calls - the ref may have a point but 99% of people think the call should of gone the other way, based upon calls in other games - eg the knock on of the bomb in this game and
JMoz hardly doing anything Thurston didnt do last night but wasnt penalized. So Bulldogs supporters are mainly concerned with the CONSISTENCY of refereeing and getting the rough end of the pineapple EVERY TIME WE HAVE GERARD SUTTON REFERREEING OUR GAME. We dont get 50% of the 50/50 calls and every 1% call goes against us.

Delving deeper, Thursdays game was refereed by Gerard and Chris Sutton. When Pay complained, Bernard Sutton reviews his brothers performances and importantly, as the referees boss THEN ADVISES THE NRL AS TO WHETHER OR NOT A COACH HAS OVERSTEPPED the mark with his comments and bought the game into disrepute warranting a fine.

Any person using an ounce of logic realises that where there is no independence, collusion can occur. Bernard Sutton should be sacked as referees boss if his 2 brothers are going to be active match referees. HOW THE HELL CAN THE NRL HAVE LET BERNARD SUTTONS APPOINTMENT HAPPEN. The risk of collusion and match fixing by the referees in this situation is so great that the NRL has itself BOUGHT THE GAME INTO DISREPUTE. There needs to be an immediate investigation into this lack of independence.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sutton Family to rugby league is like the Rothschild and Rockerfeller of this World.

Corrupt, shutting down anyone who speaks against them, pretending to be innocent but most sinister of the worst kind etc etc

Last edited:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The NRL should issue a fine to itself... for allowing a Ref to determine and completely change the course of this game. Their defence of the Ref's 2nd half decisions was pathetic, and demonstrates they are a few sandwiches short of a picnic ! Surely Greenberg can take a look at this bias and sort it ? SURELY ?
Todd will want to distance himself as far as possible from all of it. He reckons we need to keep #talkupthegame but it makes it very difficult when we see theses skewed decisions every week and in different games. Have already seen a player well and truly run off the ball and I mean deliberately and solid contact and no penalty......is Bernie comfortable with that??

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just wanted to say I'm impressed with how pay is sticking up for the boys
Would be a poor effort if he didn't Wolfie.

The players did bust their asses and they did put in, but all for nought. One of the things he mentioned regarding lack of respect by Sutton was spot on. Klemmer was acting captain as Jackson was not onfield, so as such, he has a right to speak to the official not be told to just go away and then when the referee is told that he is acting captain by the player himself he says it is dissent and penalises him.
This was justified by the NRL by saying that there was audio that was not heard by the paying public nor the broadcasters. The refs are miked up so they turned it off just at that moment so it was the only part of the conversation not audible???

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would be a poor effort if he didn't Wolfie.

The players did bust their asses and they did put in, but all for nought. One of the things he mentioned regarding lack of respect by Sutton was spot on. Klemmer was acting captain as Jackson was not onfield, so as such, he has a right to speak to the official not be told to just go away and then when the referee is told that he is acting captain by the player himself he says it is dissent and penalises him.
This was justified by the NRL by saying that there was audio that was not heard by the paying public nor the broadcasters. The refs are miked up so they turned it off just at that moment so it was the only part of the conversation not audible???
It was really awkward watching that little turd treat klemmer like dirt under his shoe.
I'm glad Pay addressed it and hopefully will pursue the lack of professionalism shown towards our players by this weasel.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
To top it all off, pricks cost me a perfect round. String em up! [emoji23]

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Todd will want to distance himself as far as possible from all of it. He reckons we need to keep #talkupthegame but it makes it very difficult when we see theses skewed decisions every week and in different games. Have already seen a player well and truly run off the ball and I mean deliberately and solid contact and no penalty......is Bernie comfortable with that??
Todd is the biggest fucking arsehat... trying to force people to talk up the game... I use to... but now my Facebook is used every weekend to vent and get other opinions on horrible officiating. Can't talk the game up ever anymore, the powers that be have ruined the game.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Todd is the biggest fucking arsehat... trying to force people to talk up the game... I use to... but now my Facebook is used every weekend to vent and get other opinions on horrible officiating. Can't talk the game up ever anymore, the powers that be have ruined the game.
It's been like this for years mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.