Consolidated Pay Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
The correct one?

What are you on about? Super league did not collapse they merged.

It was not the CORRECT one it was turning there back on the club.

I was not against pay, but you have just turned me against him bringing up old wounds :(
And if anyone was going to win it was Super League. ARL did not have the money to support the club long term, and Packer wasn't going to continue to fund a comp that was bleeding money. Murdoch didn't care what happened. He just wanted footy rights.

And to be honest, the worst party was Packer manipulating the ARL at the time and getting the pay TV rights for free which caused the war in the first place. Packer made a mint out of it.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
That article says a whole lot of nothing.

Looks like his brain is empty just like the bottle of booze in front of him.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
TBH, I don't think there were any winners out of the super league war.. from all reports the super league players were paid a lot better than the ARL players.. and at the end day News limited and the ARL had a 50/50 ownership of the game.... IF anything news limited have the biggest say on how the game is run more than anyone else ..

So right choice ?? not so sure ..

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When was the last time this newspaper wrote something good about our club,I refuse to buy anything associated with this organisation

fooch

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sorry champ he's exactly the character we need in our leadership group .what a leader of men

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Has this clown been sacked yet?
I don't think he will be. Too risky for the board to keep him, too risky to sack him and look like hypocrites.

I think the lesser of two evils will be that they decide to keep him and chance their hand by continuing to recycle the excuse (to the masses) that "we are rebuilding" and "we need more time", in hope the majority of voting members are gullible enough to believe it.

That said if some of the current board are fed up and decide to mutiny and form a rebel ticket excluding the Andersons, they (Team Anderson) could be up shit creek.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
  • June 26, 2019 10:06am
  • by ZAC RAYSON
  • Source: FOX SPORTS
Dean Pay’s tenure as Canterbury Bulldogs coach is under significant pressure after a poor start to 2019, but things could be much worse than previously thought according to fresh reports.

Daily Telegraph sports editor Phil Rothfield this morning told Macquarie Sports Radio he expected Pay to lose his position before his contract expires at the end of next season.

I can’t see Dean Pay surviving beyond this season and he might even go this year, that’s how bad it is,” Rothfield said.

“When I spoke to a very, very powerful Canterbury official last week, (they) couldn’t guarantee Dean Pay is safe, they’re saying we’re supporting him at the moment.”

The Bulldogs handed Pay a one-year extension in late March, a deal that keeps him in charge until the end of 2020.

Canterbury chief executive Andrew Hill at the time said the club was “showing the faith in him (Pay)”, while club chair Lynne Anderson said “Last year Dean inherited a squad and a salary cap situation that were not of his making, and we believe it would be unfair to judge him on that.”

While Pay was forced to inherit a difficult salary cap situation, if the Bulldogs decision-makers are judging the coach on his results this season alone, things don’t look great for the embattled mentor.

The Dogs sit last on the ladder with just three wins from fourteen rounds, with an extremely poor points differential of -162.

The next worst team in that regard is the Panthers on -94, but the Penrith side have still claimed double the number of wins compared to Canterbury.

Buzz Rothfield said “If they lose by 30 or 40 points in a couple more games over the next six weeks, I think he’s gone.”

While Shane Flanagan had been touted as a potential replacement for Pay, Bulldogs CEO Andrew Hill emphatically denied reports they had sounded him out.

“At no stage has anyone from the club asked about Shane Flanagan coaching at the football club,” Hill said.

Rothfield this morning said he believed it was unlikely Flanagan would coach until 2021, and floated former Manly coach Trent Barrett as a possible candidate to replace Pay before then.

“Trent Barrett could come into the picture because he’s very, very close to the Trbojevic brothers,” he said.

“(Barrett) could be a magnet for those sort of players of their magnitude.

“It’s a sort of watch this space.”

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
  • June 26, 2019 10:06am
  • by ZAC RAYSON
  • Source: FOX SPORTS

Canterbury Bulldogs coach Dean Pay is under immense pressure to keep his job. Picture: Dylan RobinsonSource: News Corp Australia
Dean Pay’s tenure as Canterbury Bulldogs coach is under significant pressure after a poor start to 2019, but things could be much worse than previously thought according to fresh reports.

Daily Telegraph sports editor Phil Rothfield this morning told Macquarie Sports Radio he expected Pay to lose his position before his contract expires at the end of next season.

I can’t see Dean Pay surviving beyond this season and he might even go this year, that’s how bad it is,” Rothfield said.

“When I spoke to a very, very powerful Canterbury official last week, (they) couldn’t guarantee Dean Pay is safe, they’re saying we’re supporting him at the moment.”

The Bulldogs handed Pay a one-year extension in late March, a deal that keeps him in charge until the end of 2020.

Canterbury chief executive Andrew Hill at the time said the club was “showing the faith in him (Pay)”, while club chair Lynne Anderson said “Last year Dean inherited a squad and a salary cap situation that were not of his making, and we believe it would be unfair to judge him on that.”

While Pay was forced to inherit a difficult salary cap situation, if the Bulldogs decision-makers are judging the coach on his results this season alone, things don’t look great for the embattled mentor.

The Dogs sit last on the ladder with just three wins from fourteen rounds, with an extremely poor points differential of -162.

The next worst team in that regard is the Panthers on -94, but the Penrith side have still claimed double the number of wins compared to Canterbury.

Buzz Rothfield said “If they lose by 30 or 40 points in a couple more games over the next six weeks, I think he’s gone.”

While Shane Flanagan had been touted as a potential replacement for Pay, Bulldogs CEO Andrew Hill emphatically denied reports they had sounded him out.

“At no stage has anyone from the club asked about Shane Flanagan coaching at the football club,” Hill said.

Rothfield this morning said he believed it was unlikely Flanagan would coach until 2021, and floated former Manly coach Trent Barrett as a possible candidate to replace Pay before then.

“Trent Barrett could come into the picture because he’s very, very close to the Trbojevic brothers,” he said.

“(Barrett) could be a magnet for those sort of players of their magnitude.

“It’s a sort of watch this space.”
What a shit that article is! The boozehound is stabbing in the dark and guessing just as much as us when Pay is gone then pulls Barrett’s name out of his ass because the Turbos are flavour of the month.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Good we need the media to heap pressure on the club regarding Pay...

But, please no to Barrett.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fmd Rothfield can talk some shit. Now it's Barrett we're after.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Foran ready to go back to Manly next season along with a few others if Pay remains. He won’t even talk to the senior group anymore and injured players arguing with Ayoub as he is over ruling medical advice.Hill has been approached by team members.Pay won’t last much longer

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He won’t be here next year
Too much going on

Just now trying to find another coach

I also expect hill to be tapped

Chris Anderson needs to drop his ego and bring Gould in ASAP if he has genuine love for the club.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It's cute when they fight!

upload_2019-6-26_14-43-4.png

Too much going on

Chris Anderson needs to drop his ego and bring Gould in ASAP if he has genuine love for the club.
I don't mind Hill, but not sure yet if he's just a YES MAN or not.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Too much going on

Yh but if he stays now until the end of the season, there's is going to be more damage and tears, he needs to go before the game against cronulla this week

Status
Not open for further replies.