Consolidated Pay Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay will not be head coach in 2021

Club has narrowed it down to two coaches, and Phil Gould will be coming in temporarily as an "advisor"
2020 hindsight will join, that will be interesting

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So after our best winger-that-was-playing-centre got suspended for being a snapperhead, Pay thought the best idea against the Rorters would be:
- keep our best centre at FB
- keep a FB on the wing
- at centre next to Lewis a rookie 5/8-FB
- put our best remaining wing in at centre
- bring in a reggies winger at wing
- put a 1 game centre on the bench
- proceed to replace the rookie at centre with the 1 game centre
- then proceed to replace the FB-on-wing with the rookie

One player in the backline was playing in their best position. A reggies winger

Granted Hoppa does ok at FB but FFS, Meaney IS a FB...that is his position. He only got replaced last year when Dallin fell in our lap.

I get we don’t have the cattle, but what first grade coach puts this shemozzle up against Teddy, Bmoz, Jmoz, Manu & Tupou?

This is Lewis’s third year and he still runs out of the line to tackle someone 20m away, leaving his centre (Averillo last night the latest victim) to defend a 6m yawning gap?

Either Pay has coached that into him, or cannot coach it out of him.

The Pay experiment has failed. Time for a real coach (that’s not Manly royalty)
Mate you took the words out of my mouth.

#sackpay

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was a pay fan , yes a bulldog man coming back, yes an old head bringing back aggression, yes he even has a droopy Bulldogs face and had a reputation for working well with kids(so did Epstein lol) .
That said I figured out last year that like des individual improvement isnt there. Team evolvement isn't there. Style and game plan is always 1year behind and the NRL changes every year and twice this year. Pay hasn't adjusted the game plan. He sticks firm in selection than makes changes that should have been done from day dot but the the horse has bolted ( not broncos though).
Last night should have been 60plus on us, the 1st have was the worst defensive effort I have seen in years. The line speed, the reads in defence on left edge and panic that come with both but worse the structure in defence..Now looking at stats ( the one I have from league live) no forward ran for over 100m or 1 just on 100. Napa 60mtrs our lead prop, sue 50 odd. Ogden in limited time 40 odd and RT almost 100. I'm sure pay doesn't tell the guys when defending we slide until but Lewis you jam in and cover RFM as he isnt sliding quick enough and than Averillo stay put cause the other guys will make you look stupid. If he did than it worked to perfection super coach. Oh yea meaney don't defend just rush up and try take intercepts that way your missed tackle count is 0. Defence gets you in games. The roosters are definitely a better team but I don't know if the preparation was screwed by covid but the boys didn't turn up ready. They got blown away and panicked. The young players will learn the old heads will hurt but at the end the coach if he trying the players are not responding to what he is trying to implement, after 3 years he must walk. Feel sorry for pay, the game changes and players we have are crap.
Mate it’s what happened when players are continually swapping positions week in week out! How the fuck can blokes build trust and combinations? during the week at training? No chance, any one who thinks Pays coaching decisions are FG quality, doesn’t know shit about RL. Also the use of the interchange last night? WTF is wrong with this ****? #sackpay!
#fuckiffnowPay

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the point? He isn't going to do a better job than Pay. Best case scenario he's a couple % better but it's more likely he's going to do worse. If we want someone it's Craig Fitzgibbon, maybe Griffin, but I think you'd find they wouldn't come until the end of the season so they can coach a roster that's competitive, 2021.

Bradyk and your other profile can suck each other off, Pay loving wanker!

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you actually believe what you write matey?

Im tryin to make sense out of what i read coming out of you, absolute nonsense.

Im all for sticking solid in tough times but....

We have a coach that i gave a chance from the start despite listening to him on a few occasions before the ball was kicked. I was afraid this experiment was gona fail.

Fast forward 3 yrs.. and im goin to cut it short, this bloke has played players out of position and has never built any type of cohesion amongst the group.

That is only 1 point im making and the list is long.

We have always, under his watch played like a bunch of individuals tryin to have a go, sorry but that doesnt cut it in a team sport.

And you have the hide to say we've overachieved hehe woow.

We've become a weak club, we've lost our morals, we've lost our identity and thanks to supporters like yourself and the other stooges, (they knw who they are) the fans are not much different these days. Sad fkn sad.

Worst part is you c**** are tryin to defend the undefendable.
I bet you Bradyk is just a troll, that doesn’t even follow the Dogs!

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay, drop Lewis off at Storm, in-fact pack your bags and go with him! After last night I wouldn’t be surprised if Thompson packed his bags, after the bullshit the club sold him about what we are building News flash “Pay can’t coach”, I’d be spewing if he was coaching under 6’s.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t think I will survive another month. My stress levels go through the roof watching us play

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This will be four years on the trot with no finals footy.

At least Lewis can tackle though.

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm loathe to bag Dean Pay as I believe ha has been handed a poisoned chalice and was never going to have any success with the squad he has been given. You can't win Bathurst with a Lada Niva! However, the coach is responsible for game plans and the question needs to be asked, where is ours? The constant one out hit ups and kick to the same place on the field on the last is too predictable and easy pickings for opposition defence. Is this coaches plan? Is there another plan that the players aren't following? I'm starting to think that there's no adequate game plan because I believe the effort IS there from the players. From the outside looking in it seems that the players like Dean Pay and put in the effort for him but they are simply not being coached to win games. Simply "hanging in there" isn't enough in the NRL in 2020.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The finishes, roster management etc since has been 10 times worse than anything Des dished up, even in his last year when he was becoming loopy
Are you serious? Des was playing people out of position just as often as Pay....Des let two rep hookers go for Lichaa and then told Lichaa not to do the one thing he was half decent at (run the ball), Des signed an injury prone Foran on 1 million a season (you could understand him doing it for 400k, but 1 million?), Des signed an average prop on a very lucrative contract with money we couldn't afford, Des brought duds like T Rex to the club while letting go of players like Finucane, Tapau who had been brought up through our systems and are now great forwards.....Des set our salary cap management back by years. He did all of this with a huge budget, a great salary cap to work with and state of the art facilities which were constructed to meet his demands. te worst thing about Des was that he is actually a very talented coach, which suggests to me that after the first few seasons when he had a point to prove, he didn't evebn appear to be trying. He was only about the money. Yet when he returned to Manly, he suddenly remembered how to coach again. He took our club for a ride, screwed up our club for years and I have a feeling he probably still chuckles about it over a beer with his northern beaches buddies. Pay has delivered some frustrating results, but he has done nowhere near as much damage to the club as Des did. Des was one of the worst things to ever happen to our club. It astounds me that anyone could think we should have kept him around.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pay will not be head coach in 2021

Club has narrowed it down to two coaches, and Phil Gould will be coming in temporarily as an "advisor"
Please dont tease us like that!
Everyone's emotions are on edge as it is.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Are you serious? Des was playing people out of position just as often as Pay....Des let two rep hookers go for Lichaa and then told Lichaa not to do the one thing he was half decent at (run the ball), Des signed an injury prone Foran on 1 million a season (you could understand him doing it for 400k, but 1 million?), Des signed an average prop on a very lucrative contract with money we couldn't afford, Des brought duds like T Rex to the club while letting go of players like Finucane, Tapau who had been brought up through our systems and are now great forwards.....Des set our salary cap management back by years. He did all of this with a huge budget, a great salary cap to work with and state of the art facilities which were constructed to meet his demands. te worst thing about Des was that he is actually a very talented coach, which suggests to me that after the first few seasons when he had a point to prove, he didn't evebn appear to be trying. He was only about the money. Yet when he returned to Manly, he suddenly remembered how to coach again. He took our club for a ride, screwed up our club for years and I have a feeling he probably still chuckles about it over a beer with his northern beaches buddies. Pay has delivered some frustrating results, but he has done nowhere near as much damage to the club as Des did. Des was one of the worst things to ever happen to our club. It astounds me that anyone could think we should have kept him around.
Hey at least with Des we were competitive, thats all i'm saying

Status
Not open for further replies.