Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

What do you want from Klemmer as of this present moment?

• Stay

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Piss Off

Votes: 141 68.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NOOOO THANKKK YOU. Mitch moses is GARBAGE. Even peter sterling said it millions of times. Norman is not bad but his mind often elsewhere (such as YKTR). He has had his problems with drugs and crims as well. Foran is way better and I think most are actually underestimating him. Foran is not going anywhere and will actually kill it next year trust me.

I will say a yes to Bevan French though or kaysa

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe we can swap Klemmer for Aaron Woods

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tapau
Blake
Manu
Gutho
French

Surely we can manage that if we get rid of foran and klem

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes losing the Australian front rower and club junior Klemmer who we re-signed at a good price at around 750K per year is not a disaster because?
1) We can attract props even better than him?
2) We have great front row depth?
3) Australian reps will now take unders to play for us?
4) We can sign an even better prop forward for less than what were paying Klemmer?
As I said nothing is set in stone ,,, so your points mean nothing.. his loss will be far less crucial than most people think..

nangsta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As I said nothing is set in stone ,,, so your points mean nothing.. his loss will be far less crucial than most people think..
His loss will be far more crucial than you think.

The club has lost so much experience on the field , we have no stars left, but yes experience and quality means nothing?

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
MARK Geyer believes players and coaches should be sanctioned by the NRL for breaking contracts.
In the wake of the coaching merry-go-round and David Klemmer’s reported move to the Knights, Geyer believes it is time for the NRL to take action.
“We’ve got to start having consequences for breaking contracts,” Geyer told Triple M.
“Say if David Klemmer hypothetically signs with the Knights, then there has to be monetary compensation for the Bulldogs similar to what Penrith have done with maguire’s contract at the Tigers, or players need to sit out for a period of time.”
The Knights are set to poach Klemmer, despite the fact he has two years remaining on his Bulldogs’ contract.
Geyer believes it is the fans that are getting short-changed by the constant moves being made, despite contracts being in place.
“No one is scared to break contracts anymore and after what we have just seen in the with the coaches it is open slather,” Geyer said.
“What is a contract worth these days? Nothing. We used to be scared shitless of breaking contracts back in the day.
“It was valuable. I’ve still got my first contract locked away in a safe, that’s how much it meant to me. The 200 thousand I signed for in my very first year in 1985.
“Contracts these days aren’t worth anything. I don’t understand what the NRL are doing by not coming down hard on people who are breaking contracts.”
Klemmer’s reported move comes right on the heels of the coaching merry-go-round that saw five clubs get new coaches in the space of a couple of weeks.
Des Hasler signed with Manly, Ivan Cleary went to Penrith, Michael Maguire went to the Tigers, Wayne Bennett signed with the Rabbitohs for 2020 and Anthony Seibold will move to the Broncos, with both appointments a possibility of being brought forward.
Geyer believes it is a bad look for the game and action must be taken to deter coaches and players from jumping ship.
“We’ve just witnessed a shambles with the coaches,” Geyer said.
“We’ve witnessed something that we have never seen before and we should never see it again because the NRL should bring in some type of sanctions that don’t allow this to happen ever again.
“The Tigers just got their hearts torn out because they believed in Ivan Cleary.
“Souths thought Seibold would be there coach for the next 10 years and all of a sudden he is going to Brisbane after one year.
“You’ve got to have consequences if you break that written deal.”
Well sorry Mr Geyer, this is the real world now.
I'm a Liverpool supporter and I would have loved to keep both Coutinho and Suarez at the reds but they didn't stay and both had contracts. It happens everywhere in the world of sport these days.
We support the badge on the front, not the name on the back.

doggydaddy

Waterboy
Reaction score
Klemmer is not worth a $1 million a season. He just takes the ball up they gang tackle him and put him on his back and rarely passes the ball. Let him go he doesn't want to play for the Bulldogs, also let Foran go as well. If any other players don't want to be there let them go as well.
What the dogs now need to do is buy two of the best on field leaders available. Youth needs experience.
Maguire and a one leg Lamb did it many years back.
A non ball playing prop no matter how good is not worth top money.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
We won't get Taupau.

Roosters will release Napa, and Tauapu will end up on over a million a season at Roosters.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1.2m for David Klemmer.

If Newcastle had any common sense, for $1.2m they could nab Johnson and Napa.

Ponga, SKD, Ramien, Johnson, Pearce, Levi, Napa, Fitzgibbon, Sione, Matautai, Glasby, Watson - thats some fair players which should make the 8 quite comfortably
That's why Newcastle are a basket case

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Lets go ask any other side in the NRL: Can we have your starting half and your starting prop.

I bet we get 0/15 agree we can have them.

If Klemmer goes, others will follow as it sets precedent.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It sends a dangerous message out to other clubs & our current & future players .. make a huge offer to our player & if our player asks for a release & we wont stand in their way..

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Anyone else getting the impression the club is actually pushing Klemmer to fuck off? Chris Anderson and co are no fools .
If other clubs want to pay overs for forwards let them. It’s no surprise that that since the new board were elected all who were getting overpaid were shown the door. ( Woods , Moses and now Klemmer) .
Hopefully Foran is next .
I'm telling you, they are doing everything right. Over time everyone will see their fruits.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Id prefer Ben Roberts .. he owned Lockyer in one game when the Broncs had bird flu

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
As usual the Kennel is being completely irrational and going off half cocked before anything is set in stone... Losing Klemmer may not be a disaster ... and Losing Foran would be a major achievement ... so lets just see where this all goes before people blow their loads....
If we get a good deal and fill more important spots then our board are tops in my book.

Just sick of bending over like Dibshit and co did.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's not a breach of the rules if the club agrees to release him.

Everyone needs to relax here. I am a Klemmer fan and I think he is a decent man looking after his family financially. He does not have to be loyal to the club when it comes to family.

Now, only months ago we were all bagging the teams attack how shit, one dimensional and predictable it was. This style went on for a couple years. We'd had enough. We were saying how we need ball playing forwards (offloaders) to add flare to our attack. While Klemmer can make some metre's with his hitups they are very one dimensional and predictable. He tried at times to be first receiver and pass the ball out the back. This did nothing for our attack.

Moving Klemmer on is not the death of our team. In fact this will open up opportunities for ball playing forwards to come into our team and resurrect our attack. The like's of Martin Tapau is a must to bring flare to our attack but intimidation to our defence.

Let's not get caught up in the sentimental side of things if we want to move forward. For me, Klemmer has been a good servant for our club but we are in a new era with the Dogs needing a revamp. Let him go and let's move forward.
100% Spot on.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It sends a dangerous message out to other clubs & our current & future players .. make a huge offer to our player & if our player asks for a release & we wont stand in their way..
precedents were and have been set for years.. need I remind you of SBW, Hannant, Barba, ETC ... This will never stop happening .. blocking these events will do more damage than good..

Status
Not open for further replies.