Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

What do you want from Klemmer as of this present moment?

• Stay

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Piss Off

Votes: 141 68.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He is "supposedly" on 400k (underpaid), but he was willing to take a paycut for Balsa to stay?!

Fuck him, Moses and Daily Telegraph
If he is on $400,000 this year and $1mill next (averaging $700,000) cos of back loading then why is he looking to leave? On just about the same money. Maybe personal reasons legit?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If he is on $400,000 this year and $1mill next (averaging $700,000) cos of back loading then why is he looking to leave? On just about the same money. Maybe personal reasons legit?
He will be averaging $1.2 million annually for 4 years at the Knights..........

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we lose another one of our best contracted players I'm fucking done with this club & the NRL. It's been going on for over 10 years Mason, SBW, Barba probably missed a few more & now it seems Klemmer. That will give us no marquee players next year where teams like the Roosters have 4 or 5 it's bs.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I have fully supported the Board and CEO for all they have done since being in charge. I also find it very disappointing that this massive issue has not been addressed in some way. Hopefully it is addressed tonight.

I have always be a big fan of Klemmer and would be upset to see him go, but if the rumours are true and he is getting big money for the next 2 seasons, well then this may be a blessing in disguise. Also his attitude to this has also left a bad taste in my mouth.

Easy for people to say "stuff him let him rot in reserve"... but I can promise you from experience, that biting off you nose to spite your face achieves NOTHING.....
Spot on. No point keeping him here if he's going to affect the atmosphere in the club ... in a negative way. From my side I prefer that the board takes the time to respond & deal with this in the right way rather than rushing things to satisfy impatient fans. Let's get this right first.

Not ideal that Klemmer is leaving but for that money who can blame him? Up to the club now to deal with it in the right way and I'm hopeful they will

Reactions: GDR

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who can seriously blame him for leaving for that money? I mean, really?
If he was out of contract then yeah its fair enough but playing the "personal reasons" card to get out of the contract for cash leaves a bit to be desired.

He's not worth that type of coin.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prop who doesnt offload or put on big hits. Sure he makes metres but the play the balls are slow coz he's to busy humping the ground trying to milk a penalty which never comes........ not worth a mil.

I'll put the slipper into him first boys! He's as good as gone. Can confirm he has been sooking for a while and demanding 1mil a season from the dogs. All started when he found out what Woods was on.

Cya ****. Thanks for doggin us
Yep I agree.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not ideal that he may leave however let him go if his attitude is shit and is back ended in the final 2yrs. He is replaceable. I would much rather a solid rebuild with a balanced squad. I think he is over rated a lot of the time.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The media knew what they were doing when they put this out when Klemmer is on holidays.. now they can drag it out till Christmas
Apparently klem had a fitness test session with the knights today

Wheels are in motion

This ain’t no rumour
This is real
Klem is leaving to go to the knights

From what I have heard up here in Newcastle, it’s just a negotiation between the dogs and knights for compensation

Fuck the knights

too69u

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Is Bill Woods a Doggies supporter?

View attachment 7951
Bill woods loves the Bulldogs. Klemmer is dumb as dog shit. Blokes been whinging for a few seasons now. I mentioned it here when Raelene Castle promised him a big 3rd party contract behind the previous boards back last year and when it didn't eventuate Klemmer went to the media with it and was reprimanded by the board which led to her being sacked later. Only a miracle will stop Klemmer from leaving the Bulldogs as he's apparently had enough of our club. We have a very weak board. They'll use the cap pressure as a excuse again in this situation. They have released 9 or so top tier first graders yet apparently we are still under salary cap pressure [emoji23][emoji23]. The family club is becoming the fading club. Build our team around the likes of marshal king, Lichaa, Lewis and co. What a joke. Come 2020 we'll have to fork out double to attract top class players to our club.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
nope he is on a Mill a year for next two years. all of that would be available. 1 mill will get you a decent prop.
If we release him I wouldn’t bother with a prop. I’d be looking for a gun winger and centre. We need backline players. ISP showed us this year we have good depth in the forwards. Save for a gun backline player or a gun hooker.

Though in saying that we could ask for the knights to give us the safiti twins and they cover most of there wage.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
other sites claiming DT publishing Klem doing medical at Newcastle today.
It’s been discussed up here in Newcastle also

A guy I know up here who knows all things knights said so also

That that as a grain of salt if you like but he is generally in the know

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Bill woods loves the Bulldogs. Klemmer is dumb as dog shit. Blokes been whinging for a few seasons now. I mentioned it here when Raelene Castle promised him a big 3rd party contract behind the previous boards back last year and when it didn't eventuate Klemmer went to the media with it and was reprimanded by the board which led to her being sacked later. Only a miracle will stop Klemmer from leaving the Bulldogs as he's apparently had enough of our club. We have a very weak board. They'll use the cap pressure as a excuse again in this situation. They have released 9 or so top tier first graders yet apparently we are still under salary cap pressure [emoji23][emoji23]. The family club is becoming the fading club. Build our team around the likes of marshal king, Lichaa, Lewis and co. What a joke. Come 2020 we'll have to fork out double to attract top class players to our club.
Spot on Arryah! Khayet!

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So this board is at fault for offering Klemmer a big 3rd party deal?

This board has done everything right in regards to letting go of all the overpaid duds.

Klemmer is a fuckwit. He needs to be released, but we need a very good compensation be it a trade or nabbing a top class player with his funds. If they let him walk with no compensation to the dogs than thats a piss weak move.

At the end of the day none of this would have happened if the old board knew how to run the club and cap

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hypothetical question for all you fans.

Do you boo him if he leaves, and it comes out in the wash that it was nothing more than a money chase?

He has bleed for the club and showed passion for us. I have heard someone mention that this is up there with Sonny Bill - and from an intentions point of view, that is correct. However, he did not jump on the plane in the middle of the night and not tell a soul at the club. So I do not agree with that statement.

But I can already feel a level of resentment or hatred for him if he does indeed do the dirty and trot off.
I will boo him till my lungs give in. He has lost all credibility. If you want more money, just be honest, we all want more money. But to disguise it behind “personal reasons” and to hide behind his manager like a little bitch shows that he’s a big body with the mind of a young dumb kid. Someone like James graham was forced out against his will even though he was offered more years and good money by the dragons. They don’t make them like that anymore

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yes I understand that but according to some his backend deal is 1 mill next year and next. He would get extended at 1 mil by then surely. Plus he has a job for life here as a club legend. Not that much difference in money when all said and done.

Status
Not open for further replies.