Consolidated Josh Addo Carr Thread

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know some on here do this but i must say brad said this before it hit the press and was spot on with the roosters contributing $100k
I think it’s fantastic that some people are prepared to share some insight.
We don’t need too many details for obvious reasons but the fact they are genuine is nice.
Very thankful & excellent news ( oils ain’t oils )

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think there's any other club which could really afford JAC. Having said that our offer needs to be sensible, his options are to accept a reasonable offer or go back to Melbourne next year (he's still under contract and they're not really obliged to release him), if he doesn't want to go back to Melbourne don't be too greedy and let the football do the talking.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently it's a couch/lounge...further research did tell me they are actually slightly different things but idc.
Hey beast in the military SOFA means status of forces agreements. To do with transfers of licences and regos between countries military vehicles and personel. Im not as dumb as sometimes I make out. Its all fun. on here. But never had a pm so not sure what to do if I got one.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't think there's any other club which could really afford JAC. Having said that our offer needs to be sensible, his options are to accept a reasonable offer or go back to Melbourne next year (he's still under contract and they're not really obliged to release him), if he doesn't want to go back to Melbourne don't be too greedy and let the football do the talking.
there is something about JAC, baggage maybe. is he after money now?
but wow what a player, if he comes for the right reasons then a definite signing

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah. It's hard to say. How much does an elete fullback go for these days? Obviously JAC isn't elite, but 800k for an elite fullback is about right? So he should maybe be 600-650?
He is an elite winger, and thats all imo.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it’s fantastic that some people are prepared to share some insight.
We don’t need too many details for obvious reasons but the fact they are genuine is nice.
Very thankful & excellent news ( oils ain’t oils )
Hey Shire or should I call you hobbit what part do you come from.. Just curious I lived in Heathcote for a number of years before moving to Ballina then now retired at Gilligans Island Woops I mean Bribie Island.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He is an elite winger, and thats all imo.
It's hard to gauge him on anything else as that's all he's played.

Worth a gamble to have him come in to play fullback? I don't know enough about him to say either way if I'm honest.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For the amounts bandied about; the “I want to play fullback” demand; and his “I’m leaving all that (negotiations with clubs) to my manager” attitude, I am not convinced this signing is so smart.
Yeah totally. You can't demand, nor do you deserve elite fb money if you have never played fb T NRLol level. I would not be offering more then 600k to him. If his true desire to return to Sydney is for family reasons, then he will accept the 600k to play wing. Its more then he has been on at Melbourne.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's starting to feel like the Latrell Mitchell saga same circus all over again. But with that said I'll place my trust in Trent and the club and leave it up to them to do the right thing.
It certainly does. We have 3 possible fb options in Averilo, Meaney and Hoppa. So we are no position financially to be offering 800k to JAC.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No he's too busy with his business to get on social media. Would only be if someone told him and that's why I don't name him. He doesn't say strictly what he tells me is a secret but he probably wouldn't share other info with me if he knew I was sharing it. here.

The only reason I share is because I know others like to be in the know just as I do. If there's any way I can learn about who we're chasing or close to signing etc I love to know ASAP. It's exciting. I was never one for waiting.
Noted. I wont be sharing secrets with you.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does your “insider” have information that’s not in the press? Lol tell your insider to give some information on things that arnt already printed!
If you check my posts I reported Charlie Staines had knocked us back then 1-2 days later it broke in the media and yes about Kyle Flanagan I reported a week ago that the Roosters were chipping in 100K. I've quoted a few specific salaries also that we not reported in the media. I spoke about how Arthur Laundy had met and spoken to Harry Grant - nothing in the media about that.

I reported today that we weren't chasing Stephen Crichton and that's as far as my contact was aware but I just saw a Daily Telegraph article from late today that says we are and I couldn't be happier if true. That was what I actually contacted my insider about - to encourage the club to chase Crichton (to replace Hopa for 2022).

My insider does know most of what's happening because he speaks to Andrew Hill every few days but he doesn't know absolutely everything that he's not personally involved in or told about.

A couple of others on here know who my contact is and can vouch for me.

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
If you check my posts I reported Charlie Staines had knocked us back then 1-2 days later it broke in the media and yes about Kyle Flanagan I reported a week ago that the Roosters were chipping in 100K. I've quoted a few specific salaries also that we not reported in the media. I spoke about how Arthur Laundy had met and spoken to Harry Grant - nothing in the media about that.

I reported today that we weren't chasing Stephen Crichton and that's as far as my contact was aware but I just saw a Daily Telegraph article from late today that says we are and I couldn't be happier if true. That was what I actually contacted my insider about - to encourage the club to chase Crichton (to replace Hopa for 2022).

My insider does know most of what's happening because he speaks to Andrew Hill every few days but he doesn't know absolutely everything that he's not personally involved in or told about.

A couple of others on here know who my contact is and can vouch for me.
Awesome info what does your contact think of Andrew Hill? What are the chances JAC happens