Consolidated Inu Suspension / Goal Kicker thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Have any of you guys got any footage of the T-Rex spear tackle with Manly. I've looked for it but cant find it.

He got 7 weeks & I wonder if it is comparable to Inu's tackle.
From what I remembered, T-Rex flipped the player in the tackle. It was technically a poor tackle all round

Inu was in an awkward position when making the tackle, he was aided by one of our other players but he let go. Unlike T-Rex, he was making another effort to fix his tackle but it didnt help that Inglis dived his head first into the ground.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Lafai will do well, he had a great season last year before that unfortunate injury. He is more than a capable replacement for Inu in my opinion. If he does well, I wouldn't be surprised if they keep Lafai at centre, and stick Inu on the wing at the expense of Brown.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lafai will do well, he had a great season last year before that unfortunate injury. He is more than a capable replacement for Inu in my opinion. If he does well, I wouldn't be surprised if they keep Lafai at centre, and stick Inu on the wing at the expense of Brown.
Could be a positive if his shoulder holds out!

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't see how people say GI jumped into tackle lol it's clearly inu fault take the five weeks and be happy about it could of been worse

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't see how people say GI jumped into tackle lol it's clearly inu fault take the five weeks and be happy about it could of been worse
Take a look at Inglis' right leg during the tackle. He helps Inu by intentionally springing himself.

All players in the comp are coached to do that.

I've mentioned this in another thread, but I didn't know Inu on his own was strong enough pick up one of the biggest guys in the comp and land him upside down on his head.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
i think some people are forgetting the main word here, INTENT! inu had a choice 1) try wrestle inglis to the ground 2) wrap his arms around his legs to stop motion or 3) spear tackle. unfortunately he chose the latter.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I reckon they will take the early plea for 5 weeks. I always thought about 4 weeks, it was a bad tackle. I dont think he intended to put Inglis on his head, you can kinda tell he seems to realise what happened when its all over. Even if not intentional, it was pretty careless and deserves a suspension.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Just take the 5. Hopefully Lafai comes in and kills it

micko101

Waterboy
Reaction score
There is a test match in the 5 weeks. Will this count as a game for inu?

bulldawg

bulldog
Reaction score
Inu facing five-week NRL ban

Canterbury centre Krisnan Inu is facing at least five weeks on the sidelines after being charged by the NRL match review committee over his ugly spear tackle on Greg Inglis.

Inu looks set to pay a heavy price for his moment of madness, when he grabbed the South Sydney superstar between the legs and tipped him on his head during the Bulldogs' Good Friday loss to the Rabbitohs.

He was slapped with a grade four dangerous throw charge, which carries a five-week suspension with the early guilty plea.

Should the Kiwi international challenge the charge and fail, he would be risking a seven week ban.

Any suspension of three weeks or more would rub Inu out of contention for the New Zealand side to face Australia in the April 19 Test in Canberra.

Inu was one of four players charged by the NRL match review committee, with Brisbane skipper Sam Thaiday facing one week on the sidelines for grabbing the shirt of referee Adam Devcich.

Thaiday tugged at Devcich's shirt to simulate what Melbourne prop Bryan Norrie had done to him in a scrum, which prevented Thaiday from tackling Billy Slater as he raced away to score.

Thaiday will miss a week whether he takes the early guilty plea or fails in his bid to fight the contrary conduct charge.

Gold Coast prop Luke Bailey was also charged for handling a referee, but like Manly prop Brenton Lawrence (dangerous throw) can avoid suspension with an early guilty plea.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
cant he still plead guilty to a dangerous throw/spear tackle but fight the grading?? i remember similar being done before

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Absolute disgrace.
4 weeks maximum
too miss 7 weeks which is a third of the season for that is an absolute disgrace.
nrl= corrupt f c ukn dogs
trade inu to the storm mid season and then im sure hel be let off then trade him back for a small fee!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The brenton lawrence tackle from manly escapes penalty but inu gets issued a max of 7 weeks.
that will do me!

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Absolute disgrace.
4 weeks maximum
too miss 7 weeks which is a third of the season for that is an absolute disgrace.
nrl= corrupt f c ukn dogs
trade inu to the storm mid season and then im sure hel be let off then trade him back for a small fee!
Yeah that will work

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Really its 4 weeks, there is a test match for NZ that will cover this.

Back in round 9, assuming the club won't fight the charge.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope they just cop the guilty plea. It isn't worth the risk of going for a down grade.

Eagle eye

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Have any of you guys got any footage of the T-Rex spear tackle with Manly. I've looked for it but cant find it.

He got 7 weeks & I wonder if it is comparable to Inu's tackle.
When She Rex got 7 weeks, Manly fans blew up deluxe. He grabbed the Sharks hooker (his name escapes me), flung him, but not onto his head. It was basically physics. Someone the size of Williams against a much smaller man.

Inu's is worse and by a fair bit too.

He should take the plea in my opinion. I can't see it being downgraded but that's a call for your club.

crybbe666

Waterboy
Reaction score
Gold Coast prop Luke Bailey was also charged for handling a referee, but like Manly prop Brenton Lawrence (dangerous throw) can avoid suspension with an early guilty plea.
This is why I get so frustrated with the NRL judiciary. Krisnan is graded four dangerous throw and could face 7 weeks...Manly's player basically escapes suspension for a very similar incident. I stand by the fact that it happened to Greg Inglis is why the NRL is coming down so hard.

Can anyone explain to me where there is 5 weeks suspension difference between the two tackles?

crybbe666

Waterboy
Reaction score
Btw, Lawrence was charged with a Grade 1 dangerous throw. Free to play with early plea.
Yeah, well, just goes to show doesn't it? Grade one, my ass! He grabbed between the legs, lifted and spun him head first towards the ground - reckless and dangerous should at least have some suspension. Ayshford was lucky he tucked his head in or he would have landed the same way as Inglis.

I don't dispute Inu did the wrong thing and should serve time on the bench for it - I would just like to see something like consistency in the grading!

Status
Not open for further replies.