Consolidated Inu Suspension / Goal Kicker thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The main thing from that article is that a grade 2 and grade 3 in the past have been handed 8 week suspensions.

I say just plead guilty and get on with it. We don't need another Graham fiasco
If its only a grade 2, then definitely take it on the chin.

Hopefully Timmy will step up.

Now to find a goalkicker...

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Didn't Barba kick in his toyota cup days?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
So they took the early guilty plea as expected. No inu till round 10.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If its only a grade 2, then definitely take it on the chin.

Hopefully Timmy will step up.

Now to find a goalkicker...
The best thing they can do is have the contenders have a shoot out to find the most successfully consistent.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
At the game, I thought that Inu should have been marched. I still think that a send-off was warranted; and would expect the same if it was one of our players on the receiving end.

The media has gone wild because it looked bad. Had Inglis landed on his shoulder I doubt that there would have been much said about it. Same for Slater - had he taken out Klemmer's eye, or knocked him unconscious, I reckon that he would have gone for a few weeks.

We see the same with Sandow. He should have been cited a number of times this year, but escaped because he hurt no-one.

It's all about appearances. If it looks bad, it must be bad; but if it looks harmless.....

Eagle eye

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You will find common ground with any Manly fan about the Storm. Its the other topics that may get heated.
True Klem. We don't like the Storm. But giving them the mother of all hidings in 2008 was sweet.
I'm as passionate as the next bloke about my team but would like to think I'm mature enough to be objective.

But I'm honest enough to say that I hope win this week and win well.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its amazing that a few seconds can cost you 5 weeks. Anyway thats how the cookie crumbles.

Look forward to Lafai doing well!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This from the Dogs site..... apologies if it has already been posted...

In judiciary news centre Krisnan Inu has today taken the early guilty plea and will be suspended for five matches.
Inu was charged with a dangerous throw by the match review committee for his tackle on Rabbitohs fullback Greg Inglis in the 68th minute of the match last week.
Coach Des Hasler had thought about seeking a downgrade but decided it was the better option to take the early plea.
“In this instance we tried to look for some comparable grade three charges from the past but we seemed to have found a number of grade twos,” he said.
“We have chosen to take the early plea and Krisnan will miss the next five matches.”
For the Holden Cup side halfback Jaline Graham will also miss their clash with the Sea-Eagles after being charged with a dangerous contact (contact with kicker) charge. The early plea is 187 points with Graham set to miss just the one match. He will be available for selection next week when the Bulldogs take on the Roosters.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This from the Dogs site..... apologies if it has already been posted...

In judiciary news centre Krisnan Inu has today taken the early guilty plea and will be suspended for five matches.
Inu was charged with a dangerous throw by the match review committee for his tackle on Rabbitohs fullback Greg Inglis in the 68th minute of the match last week.
Coach Des Hasler had thought about seeking a downgrade but decided it was the better option to take the early plea.
“In this instance we tried to look for some comparable grade three charges from the past but we seemed to have found a number of grade twos,” he said.
“We have chosen to take the early plea and Krisnan will miss the next five matches.”
For the Holden Cup side halfback Jaline Graham will also miss their clash with the Sea-Eagles after being charged with a dangerous contact (contact with kicker) charge. The early plea is 187 points with Graham set to miss just the one match. He will be available for selection next week when the Bulldogs take on the Roosters.
Inu will be out for 5 weeks. Will he have some carry over points as well or will start with a clean slate?

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Inu got off lightly with only 5 weeks out but don't think he should have been sent off. Send offs should only be for malicious acts and I don't believe that's what his tackle was. In real time it goes wrong very quick but 5 weeks is a fair penalty for lifting the leg like that, which causes high risk of injury to the tackled player.

What I can't accept is how other tackles/actions in the game with comparable risk of injury aren't penalized harshly enough. Take the Fa'aoso shoulder charge for example. Shoulder charges have been made illegal for very good reason. As it happened his shoulder hit Harrison on his shoulder or upper chest and the impact caused a head clash which knocked Harrison out. It was even worse than Inu's considering the fact the player was injured in the tackle but more importantly, the level of risk of serious injury is similar. If a shoulder makes direct contact to the head there is risk of fractures, serious brain injury or even death. A spear tackle risks spinal injury, para or quadriplegia and death. I'd say the spear tackle has more chance of serious to fatal consequences but we know that many concussions can result in death from various factors.

If the NRL are fair dinkum they need to make penalties harsher than what they are and make tackles with a similar amount of risk with similar penalty.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
5 weeks is pretty lucky for Inu.... time to take it on the chin and move on.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
He is receiving treatment now for his knee and ankle, hopefully he is back after his suspension, and isn't out for an extended period of time.

Hope now with the treatment for the next 4-5 weeks, he returns fresh and ready to fire.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
I think Inu got off lightly with only 5 weeks out but don't think he should have been sent off. Send offs should only be for malicious acts and I don't believe that's what his tackle was. In real time it goes wrong very quick but 5 weeks is a fair penalty for lifting the leg like that, which causes high risk of injury to the tackled player.

What I can't accept is how other tackles/actions in the game with comparable risk of injury aren't penalized harshly enough. Take the Fa'aoso shoulder charge for example. Shoulder charges have been made illegal for very good reason. As it happened his shoulder hit Harrison on his shoulder or upper chest and the impact caused a head clash which knocked Harrison out. It was even worse than Inu's considering the fact the player was injured in the tackle but more importantly, the level of risk of serious injury is similar. If a shoulder makes direct contact to the head there is risk of fractures, serious brain injury or even death. A spear tackle risks spinal injury, para or quadriplegia and death. I'd say the spear tackle has more chance of serious to fatal consequences but we know that many concussions can result in death from various factors.

If the NRL are fair dinkum they need to make penalties harsher than what they are and make tackles with a similar amount of risk with similar penalty.
I really don't understand what your saying? Do you think Inu got off lightly or is five matches fair? He will actually miss six because he would have been selected for NZ and the dogs don't play that weekend so it's more like six games in any event.

What I get annoyed about is vitriol about other instances of foul play that have no semblance to the case at hand. The Fa'aoso tackle was not even remotely comparable to this. It's a joke it was graded as a 3 in the first instance. Deserved a week which is what he got. The shoulder charge had nothing to do with the head clash. Michael Ennis and Kevin Locke were both very heavily concussed this week in perfectly legitimate tackles. Do we ban tackling all together because of the risk of concussion?

A football field by its nature cannot be free of risk of severe injury. If you play the game, you must necessarily assume some risk of injury. There are penalties in place for foul play. The circumstances of each incident need to be considered in context. The penalties for 'spear tackles', 'shoulder charge' and 'dangerous contact' are all very similar and very significant.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
People, you're looking at it wrong. Inu may be out for 5 weeks but that just gives Lafai 5 weeks to cement his place in FG

1. Barba
2. Inu
3. Morris
4. Lafai
5. Perrett

Status
Not open for further replies.