Consolidated "I enjoy whinging about TRex" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I am not a Williams lover or anything. But I think his form this year is better then last year. Lets not forget he is a massive human so will always have niggling injuries (joints especially) from all reports he cleaned out his ankles in the off season so should be pain free in 2014.

The positive is he is running onto the ball a little better this year. He does have 3-4 players in his face as soon as he gets the ball and isn't renounced as being a ball player (doesn't have the ability to get a quick pass away). He does often bounce off a defender every time but when there is 3-4 in a tackle its hard to do much after that. The thing with trex is you need to get him one on one. He will run over a defender if he is one on one. But due to lack of vision (his own and from the halves/hooker) as well as very structured attack means it is predictable what will happen.

If we can get him and kasiano running 1 meter apart from each other at 2 defenders with a good pass from a half it will create doubt in the defenders mind. When trex gets the ball with no decoy runners it's easy to line him up and contain him.

In all honesty he is lazy. If the ball doesn't come to him he won't go looking for it (maybe that's the way hasler wants him to play, I don't know.... I am not in team meetings) if the attack doesn't go down his side, it could be 15-20 mins before I notice he is on the field.

I will be surprised if he has played every min this year because he does go missing in games. Seems like he barley has a run or makes a tackle for long parts of the match. Where he should be running decoys, taking hit ups and smashing halves in defence.

I wouldn't play him 80 mins (he is 120kg+) he should play 60 mins and just try and be as explosive as possible. If he gets burnt out quickly he can always go off and have a breather. It's better then conserving himself to last the full game and only getting a handful of touches.

Morris_Hands

Waterboy
Reaction score
I just don't get why he isn't given specific, uncomplicated instructions. "you will run it 12 times this week or else you are dropped". His passing to flat footed backs is just strange.

Always thought he would be better off the bench too - Jackson, Pritchard and Finucane to start - SheRex on after 25 for whoever isnt performing that day.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Punnish him with ten hours of non stop old Bulldogs DVDs to instill some pride in him and show him what is expected.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This is his issue. But when you have a hooker holding the pass until Trex is flat with him, Trex will always have issues like this.
Mmm I don't think it matters where you receive the ball into your hands..it's all about desire and timing..You can just as easily run onto a flat pass as you could run onto a deeper pass..

GeneralLee01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Maybe get him running along side Graham, Graham will know when to pass it to him and probably get him in one on one with the defence or in small gaps. Though can T time his run with Graham, prob not.

richie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
take a look at Inglis and Hodges and use a fend the size and reach of the you , you would palm off every defender if a one on one situation...
run hard before you hit the defence and drive harder through it and run angles against the flow of play and hit holes. your a sleeping giant that needs some aggression so you can boost your confidence.

rissolerob

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Isn't this what the club pays Dessie for. Let him earn his money and do it. I am starting to think it is more Hasler than TRex that is the problem

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't like to crap on our players but I'm finding it very, very hard to defend him....

The penalty he gave away at the end was so unnecessary on so many levels.

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
do what you're told, by both the coaches and the halfbacks. don't over think things, your form will return if you listen to the boys.
This. Most people don't respond well to threats. Especially young men. Those of you at work probably hate your managers that would do this. These guys are no different.

You have to guide them and give them scenarios to apply your instructions in.

I would ask that he sits in someones pocket (one of the halves or hooker) and listens for instructions. Gets a target and runs at that target every time. That target is now a personal challenge. That person thinks he's better than you Tony. That person SAYS they are better than you Tony. Are you up for this? Can you get over him? What happens if he tackles you? Nothing. get up and go again. At the same person Tony. Yep. Right at him. No step. No fend. No slowing. Full speed and body low. Every time m8. Again m8.

rissolerob

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Umm......Excuse me Mr Williams........ I would just like to introduce you to Andy Patmore...you will be having a lot to do with him over the coming weeks........ Hope you get along.

GeneralLee01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This. Most people don't respond well to threats. Especially young men. Those of you at work probably hate your managers that would do this. These guys are no different.

You have to guide them and give them scenarios to apply your instructions in.

I would ask that he sits in someones pocket (one of the halves or hooker) and listens for instructions. Gets a target and runs at that target every time. That target is now a personal challenge. That person thinks he's better than you Tony. That person SAYS they are better than you Tony. Are you up for this? Can you get over him? What happens if he tackles you? Nothing. get up and go again. At the same person Tony. Yep. Right at him. No step. No fend. No slowing. Full speed and body low. Every time m8. Again m8.
Love your post mate that's a good idea.

rissolerob

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why not put him on the wing.... at least he might be on the move when he gets the ball............at least he will be closer to the side line and will not have far to walk off when he is replaced.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Hard to justify that sort of salary when the bloke can't pass or offload with any sort of vision or accuracy.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
id ask him one simple question

why dont you run onto the ball instead of catching it then running

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
id ask him one simple question

why dont you run onto the ball instead of catching it then running
Cool, problem solved, Williams is to stand deeper before running hard and Ennis is to look and pass deeper onto his runners, why can't they practice this?

do33yStyle

Waterboy
Reaction score
I reckon he is the worst Player in the NRL by Far!! Our Team is playing with 12 players week in week out with him on the field. Lets face it when ever we have the ball he seems to hide behind the Ruck!! he had 2 touches in 28 minutes of football in the first half. I for one am sick to death of Hassler and others who defend this useless player. I had a chat to Phil Gould late last year about him and Phil's words to me were" TREX is absolutely useless and he is by far the worst buy of any team". The only reason Hassler persists with him is because if he is dropped Hassler will be exposed as to the shocking decision he made to purchase him in the first place. He cant tackle and does nothing in defence. He never stands towards the centre of the defensive line, he always seems to be hiding with the wingers. When we have he ball the Guy seems to hide in Row 15 so he doesn't have a hit up. The excuse of him not working out where to stand on a footy pitch is ludicrous playing in the NRL on 650K A year!! It seems to insult our intelligence when that excuse is offered. My son who plays under 7's goes looking for the ball to have a hit up every set of 6 to help his team mates out. Why can't SHE REX do the same!! as far as I am concern this guy simply has no ticker and is afraid to run the ball or get tackled as he is nothing but SOFT and that's that. I am frustrated that Des persists with him and as a die hard supporter am fed up that we play with this Handicap week in week out!! Enough is Enough!! Either drop him to play park footy where he belongs or off load him to another team ASAP. As supporters we can only take so much from watching this miserable excuse for a FOOTY player!! the long and short of it is, we could have bought 3 promising under 20's players for what we pay this Pot Plant!! Honestly it's now got to the point I simply can not watch while he is on!! We need to off load him NOW!!!!!

DES we all make mistakes now be a bigger man and correct it!!

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd have Graham and Pritchard in his ear 24/7, make them both responsible for him on and of the field. IMO that would bring back the beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.