Consolidated "I enjoy whinging about TRex" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He did just enough to stay out of my bad books this week. He defended the line everytime he was required to and as you know with the shitty ref calls ( as much as the feedback was appreciated) it was quite substantial.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
He did just enough to stay out of my bad books this week. He defended the line everytime he was required to and as you know with the shitty ref calls ( as much as the feedback was appreciated) it was quite substantial.
I just dont think he is an 80min player , he looked disinterested last night

Grey Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
I understand that everyone has an opinion and can except some support for Williams but seriously, 26 rounds of football and we still haven't seen him perform consistantly. We saw glimpses last week and know what he can do, he just isn't performing week in, week out; if he is saving himself for a big game, next week is it. Elimination finals. I know we have the team, we just need to put a decent performance together.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I guess we will find out how good T Rex can be these days shortly. If he cant fire in a final, he cant fire any time. He has improved lately but to me still isnt outplaying our forwards who arent on 600k.

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He has looked a lot better the last couple of games, you can see the extra effort he is putting in, running the ball harder and deeper so its a good sign, T-rex tear them apart like you can bro, now is your time to shine - lets do this, DOGS OF WAR ARE ABOUT TO MAKE A SERIOUS STATEMENT.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would love to see him stand a lil deeper and run the x line instead of the overs line. Hed be much more dangerous with defenders stopping and changing their angles to tackle him.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dangerous when he wants to be, will never forget the hit he put on Eastwood at Brooky.

FullyHektic

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The only time he's dangerous is when he's playing for a contract. Rubbish 95% of the time

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I won't be impressed if Hasler names him in first grade next week, we have plenty of talent full of passion ready to inspire us, Tony is taking up space at the moment.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He needs more and better ball + needs to be barging over the line from 10m out, not passing it. By the way he plays, it looks like he's been chucked onto the field without any game plan. It's really sad to see him play shit when you know what he's capable of, but its no solely his fault.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
The most overpaid player in the nrl. Getting sick of waiting for him to play like he used to before he came to us. First player id unload to free up cap space.

Bulldog John

Since 1935
Reaction score
He's got no idea. Must be dropped to NSW Cup and if he still doesn't perform, released from his contract early. He is a passenger every week and basically gets in the way of others in attack. Drop this over-rated, over-paid turkey immediately and give someone else a go. Enough is enough.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've been going through some highlights of Williams while he was at Manly, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prWi5qgCSMQ. You can check out other videos aswell, the Manly set plays allow him to get 1 on 1 with defenders with speed and momentum towards the line. Also, most if not all of his defensive highlights come from shoulder charges. The ban on the shoulder charge has taken away some of the excitement in the game. It takes away a significant defensive weapon in order to intimidate the opposition and fire up your own team. Williams does fire up for those big games where he shrugs and fiends off multiple players. He tries to do this for the Bulldogs aswell but the majority of the time he gets the ball standing still and the opposition defense is ontop of him. I think our attack last year was very predictable. At the start of this season there have been positives. It is not just a question of why Williams isn't scoring but also other players like Morris, Pritchard, and the Wingers aren't being put into space often enough. Our repeat sets in Penrith's 20m late in the second half resulted in no points. It wasn't until the offloads started and the halves starting playing with instinct. Reynolds & Hodko are improving with every game this season which will improve our attack also changes in depth and setplays would make us more dangerous in the opposition 20.

N

Natboy

He needs to become more involved even though he is getting better slowly but surely.
I think it's underestimated how many players he draws and how much it tires the opposition tackling him too
It hurts watching his highlights from his Manly days. I would play him for impact off the bench
The real issue is either that Des doesn't want to upset him OR he just doesn't listen!

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
He needs more and better ball + needs to be barging over the line from 10m out, not passing it. By the way he plays, it looks like he's been chucked onto the field without any game plan. It's really sad to see him play shit when you know what he's capable of, but its no solely his fault.
the problem is 3 or 4 defenders get on him which stops him from barging over the line. what we need to do is have someone running off his hip to get the quick pass away & run through the gap. we just dont know how to use him unfortunately.

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He needs to become more involved even though he is getting better slowly but surely.
I think it's underestimated how many players he draws and how much it tires the opposition tackling him too
It hurts watching his highlights from his Manly days. I would play him for impact off the bench
The real issue is either that Des doesn't want to upset him OR he just doesn't listen!
After the back injury he suffered in origin he's never been the same player. And people that think he should get dropped to nsw cup in my opinion is wrong. It won't make him a better player in fact he'd lose even more confidence which he already lacks!! That's why I think des wont drop him because he will just become worse!!

Bulldog John

Since 1935
Reaction score
After the back injury he suffered in origin he's never been the same player. And people that think he should get dropped to nsw cup in my opinion is wrong. It won't make him a better player in fact he'd lose even more confidence which he already lacks!! That's why I think des wont drop him because he will just become worse!!
He couldn't get any worse. Could he?

Status
Not open for further replies.