Connor Tracy

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Taafe is surely our 3rd choice fullback behind Tracey and Critta.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Such a L decision. Only thing that could justify his selection is if Tracey isn't match fit. Still fucking sucks. Didn't wait through another preseason just to see fucking Taaffe @ fullback. The only reason our fans rate him is because he had his best game against us and they don't actually watch other teams play :tearsofjoy:
Thats the game where we had a reserve grade second rower play centre right?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Thats the game where we had a reserve grade second rower play centre right?
The Qld dude, I think he was actually a full-time centre. Taaffe destroyed him and Burton.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Razzle Dazzle Kiraz will play centre and we could play Hutchison or Tracey on the other edge at centre.

Which allows Crichton to play fullback.

We’ve got options to come in for Kiraz’s wing spot in Wilson, Skelton and Perham.

Tracey would be a handy centre or winger. Think Corey Thompson but with more muscle.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think CC is really conservative. He will play Critta at centre (most likely left) as that is his best position. I think he also likes the idea of having hutch at 7, that way we will have 2 big bodies (95-100 kgs) in the halves hopefully shoring up the defence. Hutch has probs an equally good kicking game as sexton, sexton's short kicking game is way better, but the new rules nullify that a bit. However with Critta, Kiraz, kiks etc in our team I expect us to win way more than 50% of short dropouts. I think Taafe at 7 or 6 is just too big a target considering our forward pack. With Hutch and Burton when a forward looks up only target will be Reed and we can anticipate that and help him out more this year, he just got caught one on one way too much last year. IMO I think Taafe will likely be reggies fb or maybe half as we need Joash in that team especially if he is too old to play flegg. Taafe will be second choice fb and may win a half spot over sexton in case of injury or form to Burto or Hutch. Trials will be very interesting.
Burton might be one of those big bodies you talk about in the halves. Talking about shoring up the defence? Burton is a big body for a half but his defence is hardly his strong suit.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The most concerning part is we’ve now spent the entire preseason trialing 3 guys at fullback instead of giving one guy the time to gel.

Round 1 > start with Taffee
Round 6 > realise he isn’t the answer and switch to Tracey
Round 12 > Crichton isn’t seeing any ball so he switches with Tracey

We’ve now wasted half the season

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The most concerning part is we’ve now spent the entire preseason trialing 3 guys at fullback instead of giving one guy the time to gel.

Round 1 > start with Taffee
Round 6 > realise he isn’t the answer and switch to Tracey
Round 12 > Crichton isn’t seeing any ball so he switches with Tracey

We’ve now wasted half the season
Whatever team we start with. I just hope that CC makes any adjustments when/if required. Hopefully he has learnt from his glacial speed he set last season with the likes of Perham.