Concussion Discussion - Re Dugan KO'd

Status
Not open for further replies.

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
During the game Dugan appeared to be knocked out. Maxwell even clearly said "we've stopped the game because he was out cold". So why was he allowed to stay on the field?

A

Alexander the Great

Because those mther fkers tried everything for saints to win today.
We wont stand with these fk wit refs

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was thinking the same ref said he was out cold what more do you want

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The commentators didn't even question Dugan who was obviously out cold yet went on for 10 minutes regarding Frank having wobbly legs to the point that they even got official clarification from the Dr who assessed Franks condition giving him the all clear.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The Ref gave it the all clear because it was within rule #1 the NRL has this year....... don't allow the Bulldogs any advantage at all, where humanly possible, ensure the opposite team wins.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The Ref gave it the all clear because it was within rule #1 the NRL has this year....... don't allow the Bulldogs any advantage at all, where humanly possible, ensure the opposite team wins.
It feels like that at times

Talltimber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
During the game Dugan appeared to be knocked out. Maxwell even clearly said "we've stopped the game because he was out cold". So why was he allowed to stay on the field?
I thought the same bloody thing.
and another thing shortly after when Lane sent Rona for a run down the sideline Dugan tackled him and was then standing clearly offside at marker and was allowed to tackle the dummy half - Nothing!!!!
am I the only one that noticed this???

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Explain this Greenberg - re Dugan & Concussion.

http://www.nrl.com/nrl-concussion-policy-strengthened/tabid/10874/newsid/85190/default.aspx

Mr Greenberg said the new rules, which come into force this weekend, will help doctors determine what action should be taken when a player suffers a head injury.

The rules have been tightened – and made more prescriptive – to make it easier for doctors to make what can be a difficult clinical diagnosis. In broad terms, the new rules stipulate that players must not return to the field if they exhibit any of the following signs:
- Loss of consciousness
- Falling to the ground without taking protective action
- Seizure
- Memory impairment
- Balance disturbance (ataxia)

“Under the strengthened rules, if a player falls to the ground without taking protective action or loses consciousness they are not to return to the field,” Mr Greenberg said.

“There will be no need to undergo further assessments and tests – the player is to sit out the rest of the match.

“This will take the pressure off club doctors because, if players exhibit these signs it is compulsory that they are removed from the field and do not return.”
http://www.nrl.com/About/ReferenceC...cussioninRugbyLeague/tabid/10798/Default.aspx

Management of an Uncouncious Player
First Aid principles of ABC (Airway, Breathing, and CPR) should be used.
It is extremely important to treat all unconscious players as though they also have a neck injury.

An unconscious player must only be moved (onto a stretcher) by qualified health professionals, trained in spinal immobilisation techniques. If no qualified person is present do not move the player—wait for the ambulance and paramedics.

Urgent hospital referral is necessary if there is concern regarding the risk of a structural head or neck injury --- ring 000.

Any player with any of the following should be referred to a hospital URGENTLY:
• Loss of consciousness or seizures

• Persistent confusion
• Deterioration after being injured –increased drowsiness, headache or vomiting)
• Report of neck pain or spinal cord symptoms –numbness, tingling, muscle weakness.

If at any time there is any doubt the player should be referred to hospital.
Parra got fined $10,000 for it.
Bulldogs got fined $10,000 for it.

So now NRL time to act on the Dragons.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
and another thing shortly after when Lane sent Rona for a run down the sideline Dugan tackled him and was then standing clearly offside at marker and was allowed to tackle the dummy half - Nothing!!!!
I thought that was a penalty first for holding onto Rona, and then secondly for being offside(maybe even throw in a crowding the player of the ball given we got one in the first half for no reason), If Rona was allowed to play the ball there within the rules of the game, it was a huge chance at a try, so you could possibly even look at a sin bin if you wanted.

But it was all good apparently........ how can anyone seriously say the ref didn't try his very best to get the game to finish the other way?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
not bulldogs player.. different rule

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought that was a penalty first for holding onto Rona, and then secondly for being offside(maybe even throw in a crowding the player of the ball given we got one in the first half for no reason), If Rona was allowed to play the ball there within the rules of the game, it was a huge chance at a try, so you could possibly even look at a sin bin if you wanted.

But it was all good apparently........ how can anyone seriously say the ref didn't try his very best to get the game to finish the other way?
Even my wife saw it that way,

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Wasn't hugely different to when Bunji needed to sit right on the 20m restart line to tape his ankle preventing a quick tap....... or, just to attack at all for a few minutes.

DogFather

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think what Jarred Maxwell said to George Rose after the penalty sums it up. It went something like this....

"You're gonna ruin it for your team.. If you know what I'm talking about"

If you know what I'm talking about??? WTF???

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As usual the officials did their utmost to get the Dragons past the post. Anyone who is old enough to remember Tigers 1969 will not be surprised at the tactics of the dragons in lying down in an effort to prevent us playing on quickly and to also give their blokes a rest. Penalty for dragons to level up was not a penalty, Nightingale knocked the ball down for Lane to pick it up and the one where the Drag queens centre went down injured over the try line and a goal line drop out awarded, dragons knocked on in goal and over the touch line. Touch judge on that side missed it big time. AND why was that dickwit Maxwell standing there with a big smile on his face when referring the decision for obstruction upstairs in the lafai try.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think what Jarred Maxwell said to George Rose after the penalty sums it up. It went something like this....

"You're gonna ruin it for your team.. If you know what I'm talking about"

If you know what I'm talking about??? WTF???
He actually told him the penalty he just blew wasn't on him (which is funny, given he was the only Dragon still in the tackle when the whistle went off), but the previous tackle could have been......... so?????? why the **** wasn't it then Maxwell?

Based on a few things this year, I can't say the NRL is corrupt, they are just useless....... this bunch couldn't arrange a root in a brothel with a pocket full of hundreds, let alone rig a comp.

Seriously, the big news this week was $5 pie and coke at the ground? ........ how ****ed up do you have to be, in week one of the finals where thats is the issue your most proud of? (even worse...... it wasn't even the NRL that offered that deal, it was the guy who sells the pies, lmao)

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He actually told him the penalty he just blew wasn't on him (which is funny, given he was the only Dragon still in the tackle when the whistle went off), but the previous tackle could have been......... so?????? why the **** wasn't it then Maxwell?

Based on a few things this year, I can't say the NRL is corrupt, they are just useless....... this bunch couldn't arrange a root in a brothel with a pocket full of hundreds, let alone rig a comp.

Seriously, the big news this week was $5 pie and coke at the ground? ........ how ****ed up do you have to be, in week one of the finals where thats is the issue your most proud of? (even worse...... it wasn't even the NRL that offered that deal, it was the guy who sells the pies, lmao)
So proud they were of the offer that the food stall near aisle 114 did not open until nearly half time of the U20 game. People had to walk right around to the area on the opposite end of the ground to get their pie and drink bonanza

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
People when will you believe me that this competition is rigged? If I took this claim to court I would use this game as evidence.

I cant see us beating the refs next week at all, we just pissed off the nrl more by ruining their plans and winning tonight.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

The nrl is corrupt, like the water boy said there needs to be an investigation.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep. I was amazed when that was allowed. I also kept watch for hands on the ball in tackles after the ref gave Tolman a serve. In the last 20 minutes of the game, the Dragons were guilty a number of times, and not once penalised. They also stood well within the ten metres and failed mark up straight when we were trying to come off our line. But, that effort from Dugan would have seen one of ours sin binned for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.