Conclusion to the Raiders game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmw_s2000

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Now, To say that any player/coach would "make" his team loose a game on purpose is absurd. Especially Des Hasler.

HOWEVER

I realised a trend with every single player, There was no intensity. Our forwards were playing a whole different game LITERALLY. I noticed Kasianoo and Beastwood doing the push and shove and were getting into players faces, Reynolds was no where to be seen, Barba just did what he had to do.

So from my personal subjective opinion (this being reinforced by Hasler's post game conference and the resting of Mick Ennis) I say the boys were to told to take it easy today. They wernt told to loose the game. The raiders came out firing and they just wanted that win, and I personally believe with the right coach the raiders have the best team in the NRL.

So that's my 0.2 cents.

K

Kane 'em

"Have the best team in the NRL"? They played a good match, yes, but don't go jumping the gun. Raiders are capable of toppling any team in the NRL on their day. We didn't turn up tonight and got spanked. It's as simple as that. Personally, I believe it's just one of those matches which you write-off and quickly divert your attention to the following week.

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now, To say that any player/coach would "make" his team loose a game on purpose is absurd. Especially Des Hasler.

HOWEVER

I realised a trend with every single player, There was no intensity. Our forwards were playing a whole different game LITERALLY. I noticed Kasianoo and Beastwood doing the push and shove and were getting into players faces, Reynolds was no where to be seen, Barba just did what he had to do.

So from my personal subjective opinion (this being reinforced by Hasler's post game conference and the resting of Mick Ennis) I say the boys were to told to take it easy today. They wernt told to loose the game. The raiders came out firing and they just wanted that win, and I personally believe with the right coach the raiders have the best team in the NRL.

So that's my 0.2 cents.
It's my 0.2c as well. But the oracle named fivespoons will brand you a sore loser for not taking the loss graciously and giving the Raiders credit they deserve.

bmw_s2000

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's my 0.2c as well. But the oracle named fivespoons will brand you a sore loser for not taking the loss graciously and giving the Raiders credit they deserve.
I give full credit to the Raiders :D

K

Kane 'em

Oh well, looks like it is back to flying under the radar. Quite a shame...

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh well, looks like it is back to flying under the radar. Quite a shame...
Sometimes the game plan might not be totally played out on the football field.

K

Kane 'em

Sometimes the game plan might not be totally played out on the football field.
Des took the loss rather well. However, a spanking two weeks out from the finals series is far from an ideal 'plan'.

MAL75E

Man Of The Match
Reaction score
The raiders did play really well but i agree we didnt play our normal game, bmw_s2000 is 100% correct IMO our normal intensity was not there and at risk of coping a barrage of abuse Romelo is not first grade material with no Ennis we lost the smoothness of our forward passing game and second phase play

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Des took the loss rather well. However, a spanking two weeks out from the finals series is far from an ideal 'plan'.
Usually, I would agree, but with our streak and every motherfu*ker cursing us and hoping we will break it, I think getting belted by a lower team is good for us now. Its the "slap in the face" or the "kick in the arse" that we needed.

Next week, its on like Donkey Kong

Bulldogs (MP) 46
Roosters 4

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just worry a little bit, Storm won 12 last year and got found out in the semi. All it takes is one bad 40 minutes and its all over, I can see us putting in a bad 40 that could cost us a chance.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Well we put in a bad 79 mins and 50 secs last night, that should hold us for a 3-4 more games ;)

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think it was a game chuck but we need to work on kick defence, Rabbits beat us the same way, just kicked over us.
Goodwin back next week?

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
The have the ability to blow teams away. Consistancy is their problem. Remember that Furner was spoken about losing his position some time ago. The Doggies did seem a little lacks last night. However a number of things stand out. Manly were also the same as the Doggies after half time, if that is Brisbanes best, they will exit the back door very soon. Canberra cannot play any better than that and last week the Tigers showed their very best. Not good enough to win a comp. The Bulldogs have lots and lots of room for improvement and that should be scaring some sides out there. Storm are the quiet ones, going about their business without fuss.

HOWEVER

So that's my 0.2 cents.

MrDogzOfWar

Dogz At War!
Reaction score

HOWEVER

So that's my 0.2 cents.
Yeah, I agree with you bmw_s2000, that night against the Raiders was absoulute rubbish by the players. The players were tired, no defence and Jono wright didn't have a good 1.
Lets Hope they improve next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.