Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
2023 is objectively the greatest year of gaming ever. Any video game developer would be mad to release this year.

But this just released. And I'm glad it did. It would never compete with the top games this year (Tears of the Kingdom, Baulder's Gate 3, Cyberpunk 2077 2.0, Spider-man 2)

But I don't think it needs to compete with them. It ticks every box and runs on its own.

Games sure have come a long way since the original Arcade and video Robocop!

But you know Hacky there’s something beautiful about their simplicity.. :hearteyes:

Arcade 1988
IMG_6019.jpeg

Video game 1989
IMG_6018.jpeg

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
2023 is objectively the greatest year of gaming ever. Any video game developer would be mad to release this year.

But this just released. And I'm glad it did. It would never compete with the top games this year (Tears of the Kingdom, Baulder's Gate 3, Cyberpunk 2077 2.0, Spider-man 2)

But I don't think it needs to compete with them. It ticks every box and runs on its own.

I am definitely going to get myself a copy of RoboCop. I loved the first two movies, let's not talk about the 3rd. It has been getting some good reviews, it's not perfect but it's fun is pretty much the story. I'm still playing Baldur's Gate 3 at the moment but I have also been giving Alan Wake 2 a bit of a spin too. Talking of Alan Wake, without giving spoilers, I played one of the coolest and totally trippy levels I've played in a game during my playthrough. Didn't expect it but I sure did enjoy that level.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I am definitely going to get myself a copy of RoboCop. I loved the first two movies, let's not talk about the 3rd. It has been getting some good reviews, it's not perfect but it's fun is pretty much the story. I'm still playing Baldur's Gate 3 at the moment but I have also been giving Alan Wake 2 a bit of a spin too. Talking of Alan Wake, without giving spoilers, I played one of the coolest and totally trippy levels I've played in a game during my playthrough. Didn't expect it but I sure did enjoy that level.
I have heard Alan Wake 2 has a part that's rated as one of the best video game experiences.

I'm about 3 hours into it. So far I'm really liking it. Alan Wake was one of my favourite games, and Control is another all time favourite.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have heard Alan Wake 2 has a part that's rated as one of the best video game experiences.

I'm about 3 hours into it. So far I'm really liking it. Alan Wake was one of my favourite games, and Control is another all time favourite.
A fan of Remedy I see. I liked the first AW game too. Also loved the original Max Payne games that they did. I haven't played Control. If it's the same part that I am talking of, then yes. Love to discuss it but don't want to spoil the experience for anyone. But it's a ride!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
A fan of Remedy I see. I liked the first AW game too. Also loved the original Max Payne games that they did. I haven't played Control. If it's the same part that I am talking of, then yes. Love to discuss it but don't want to spoil the experience for anyone. But it's a ride!
Awesome.

I would highly recommend playing Control. It's trippy. Really fun gameplay too. You basically become a Jedi with a gun.

I noticed that in the first few hours of AW2, they reference Control a lot (Federal Bureau of Control, Oldest House), and there's an expansion for Control called "AWE" (Alan Wake Experience) that heavily links up Alan Wake and Control.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Awesome.

I would highly recommend playing Control. It's trippy. Really fun gameplay too. You basically become a Jedi with a gun.

I noticed that in the first few hours of AW2, they reference Control a lot (Federal Bureau of Control, Oldest House), and there's an expansion for Control called "AWE" (Alan Wake Experience) that heavily links up Alan Wake and Control.
From my understanding Control and Alan Wake are set in the same universe.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
From my understanding Control and Alan Wake are set in the same universe.
Yep. I won't spoil it, but in the Alan Wake expansion in Control, it explains some interesting twists around it.

Alan Wake 2 is full of crossover Easter eggs as well. The Janitor you run into in AW2 is one of the key characters in Control.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yep. I won't spoil it, but in the Alan Wake expansion in Control, it explains some interesting twists around it.

Alan Wake 2 is full of crossover Easter eggs as well. The Janitor you run into in AW2 is one of the key characters in Control.
The control ending pissed me off so much

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I liked it. But it was much like Alan Wake. You have to read everything or you miss most of the story. Which is annoying.
This is the first I've even heard of Alan Wake :tearsofjoy:

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We all going back to Fornite or what? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: I know I’m definitely not but a few of the mates are downloading it back right now

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We all going back to Fornite or what? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: I know I’m definitely not but a few of the mates are downloading it back right now
I think the kids are getting over it finally...

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think the kids are getting over it finally...
Good. The shit ***** at Epic Games ruined it themselves. I’ll admit it was such a fun game back in the day but they fucked it up

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good. The shit ***** at Epic Games ruined it themselves. I’ll admit it was such a fun game back in the day but they fucked it up
Still making ridiculous money though. It made a record $6 billion last year.

I think they realise that it's eventually going to die though. That's why they're trying all this weird shit.