Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Had my fun with Starfield. Have many other games I need to play, but instead I went back to Cyberpunk 2077. The 2.0 path is out now along with Phantom Liberty starring Idris Elba.

Completely different game now. Stunned at how good it is. If Cyberpunk released this year in the current state it's in, it would easily win GOTY. Even Tears of the Kingdom couldn't compete with it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I've destroyed another controller, these pieces of shit are the worst controllers ever made.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe @south of heaven @EXORCIST I’m interested in trying out a Forza racing game. Any recommendations on a particular one?
Depends on your taste. If you're into track racing, Forza Motorsport games. If you're into a blend of track and off road racing, Forza Horizon.

Personally I prefer Forza Horizon. The latest one is great (FH5 set in Mexico), but I also recommend Forza Horizon 3, especially if you want to save money. It's an amazing game that still holds up really well, and it's set in Australia.

The cool thing about the Forza Horizon games is that if you link it up with your Microsoft/xbox account and you're friends with other people who play, you get Drivetars in your games. That basically means that in every race you have opponents that are AI/Computer opponents, but they race using techniques the computer has learned from your friends.

I still see @EXORCIST and his brother in most of the races I have in the Forza Horizon games.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Depends on your taste. If you're into track racing, Forza Motorsport games. If you're into a blend of track and off road racing, Forza Horizon.

Personally I prefer Forza Horizon. The latest one is great (FH5 set in Mexico), but I also recommend Forza Horizon 3, especially if you want to save money. It's an amazing game that still holds up really well, and it's set in Australia.

The cool thing about the Forza Horizon games is that if you link it up with your Microsoft/xbox account and you're friends with other people who play, you get Drivetars in your games. That basically means that in every race you have opponents that are AI/Computer opponents, but they race using techniques the computer has learned from your friends.

I still see @EXORCIST and his brother in most of the races I have in the Forza Horizon games.
Thanks mate - I was looking at Horizon as I prefer off-road/street racing. I took a look at the cars and there are over 500, and this includes all my favs from classic muscle, JDM and Euro, so I’ll go with that. Thanks :grimacing:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
@TheSexDogs and @Hacky McAxe how are the controllers broken, is it stick drift, broken usb port etc.
Stick drift. I've kept my receipt this time and exchanging it when it fucks up this time. I also need to pull apart my console and clean it, my fan doesn't sound great.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Stick drift. I've kept my receipt this time and exchanging it when it fucks up this time. I also need to pull apart my console and clean it, my fan doesn't sound great.
oh ok, that sucks - Sony needs to pull its finger out and use sticks that don’t drift.

Console clean is easy enough to do and the fan is quick too, the heat sink not so much though.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
For me it's always the right trigger. Not sure if it's my oversized fingers, but the right trigger always breaks.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
For me it's always the right trigger. Not sure if it's my oversized fingers, but the right trigger always breaks.
Thats the spring in the controller, can be replaced quiet easily but you shouldn't have to do that.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thats the spring in the controller, can be replaced quiet easily but you shouldn't have to do that.
Nah, not the spring. It's the adaptive part of it. The trigger still works but the adaptive sensor cracks out. Basically means if you brush the trigger it thinks you fully pulled down the trigger.

Pretty common problem apparently. Looked into it and it's not easy to fix at this stage.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nah, not the spring. It's the adaptive part of it. The trigger still works but the adaptive sensor cracks out. Basically means if you brush the trigger it thinks you fully pulled down the trigger.

Pretty common problem apparently. Looked into it and it's not easy to fix at this stage.
oh I see, no easy fix and a cause for replacement regardless of age. For everything so good about the controller it sucks hard too.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Had my fun with Starfield. Have many other games I need to play, but instead I went back to Cyberpunk 2077. The 2.0 path is out now along with Phantom Liberty starring Idris Elba.

Completely different game now. Stunned at how good it is. If Cyberpunk released this year in the current state it's in, it would easily win GOTY. Even Tears of the Kingdom couldn't compete with it.
Not a chance it beats Baldur's Gate

Wahesh

Reaction score
Gosh I downloaded 30gb yesterday on my rig. It took only 3 hours. NBN is fast AF.

Wahesh

Reaction score
So I'm playing GTA 5 for the second time (I played it for the first time a few years ago, then just continued playing the same game file), and it's amazing how many missions you forget when you play it second time round.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The Activision Blizzard XBOX deal is finally complete. Xbox will now start working out the best way to bring the games to XBOX Game Pass

Last edited:

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not a chance it beats Baldur's Gate
Baldur's Gate 3 has my vote for Game of the Year. I'd also put Baldur's Gate 3's soundtrack /score up there with Soundtrack / Score of the Year. The music in the game just flows so well throughout and plays its role of helping draw you in and set the tone, or mood, for what ever situation you are in. I mean, just listening to the main theme, you knew you were in for an epic adventure. Definitely one of the best fantasy soundtracks I've heard.

Also, I'm a simp for Karlach! :tearsofjoy: