Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So are people more excited about the release of AC as opposed to COD:AW? I've never really been into these franchises and I want to get one of them. What would ya'll suggest?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So are people more excited about the release of AC as opposed to COD:AW? I've never really been into these franchises and I want to get one of them. What would ya'll suggest?
Depends what you want. If you're into arcadey first person shooters and like playing multiplayer then get COD:AW. If you prefer singleplayer stealth with the occasional multiplayer then get AC.

Personally I think the AC series is one of the best gaming series but after 5 or 6 games the format is getting a little old. Will still buy it 'cause I still love it but it loses its feel after a few games. If you've never played the series though it's a real treat.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Forgot to mention something I hate about Advanced Warfare (about the PC edition). It has the same issues as Ghosts which they didn't seem to bother fixing. Occasionally it has a memory leak which crashes the game (changing some video setting fixes it), it lags and goes out of sync during cut scenes and every time you change a single graphics setting it has to play the entire mission intro cut scene again. You'd think they'd fix these things by now but they're PC issues and consoles are more important.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember hearing a lot of people talking about long install times on the Xbone. When I finally got my Xbone I had no idea what they were talking about. Played Forza Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive and a few other games with only a small reload time. Today I picked up Dead Rising 3 for 19 bucks (with a working Day One edition DLC code). 2 hours later and it's installed 10% so far.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just under 5 hours and Dead Rising 3 has installed 46%. Good thing I have COD:AW and Lords of the Fallen on other systems to play in the mean time.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have COD AW and dont mind it to be honest. Takes a bit of getting used to the Halo style movements. Not the biggest fan of that, but hey something different.
Can play Multi-player without it also. Multi-player is a step up from Ghosts I believe.
Played a little of the Campaign so far, pretty good.

Looking forward to Far Cry 4 though, have that one pre-ordered.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I have COD AW and dont mind it to be honest. Takes a bit of getting used to the Halo style movements. Not the biggest fan of that, but hey something different.
Can play Multi-player without it also. Multi-player is a step up from Ghosts I believe.
Played a little of the Campaign so far, pretty good.

Looking forward to Far Cry 4 though, have that one pre-ordered.
Its like a Crysis rip off lol

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ill end up getting it but in no rush, bit turned off by the futuristic stuff but im interested in the campaign .have no desire to play multiplayer online

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Its like a Crysis rip off lol
Other way around. Far Cry was made first then the studio split. One half went off the make Crysis while the other half kept making Far Cry games.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
brought cod : aw

played a bit og campaign then played online was up to level 6 after the first game

same old usual shit of camping pricks in corners

this is why battlefield kills cod

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

played a bit og campaign then played online was up to level 6 after the first game

Agreed. The bonus of this is that it's fast and allows you to come at them from more angles similar to Titanfall. Once you get the hang of it campers stand no chance 'cause they can't cover all their angles.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Cant stand c.o.d. online when I used to play it I wouldn't exactly camp but try to be strategic .but acording to 12 year old kids with 2 much time on their hands if you're not running around like a spastic with a knife in your hands non stop your camping.
And I also made the biggest mistake of playing it with a head set

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Agreed. The bonus of this is that it's fast and allows you to come at them from more angles similar to Titanfall. Once you get the hang of it campers stand no chance 'cause they can't cover all their angles.
wall running kills it in tittyfall

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Playing cod now. Really enjoying it. I wasn't expecting to like it too much with all the futuristic shit but I think they've done it pretty well actually

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Other way around. Far Cry was made first then the studio split. One half went off the make Crysis while the other half kept making Far Cry games.
I ment the new cod not the crytek engine hahs

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I ment the new cod not the crytek engine hahs
Ahh yeah, I get what you mean. It pretty much is. The difference being that COD has double jump

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Picked up Titanfall on the Xbone for cheap. Played it a fair bit on PC and never really enjoyed it. So far on Xbone it's 100 times better. Just feels so much better. Controller makes a big difference too.

On PC you run like crazy for 2 seconds then die. Respawn and if you're lucky you'll survive for 5 seconds this time before you drop dead. When everyone is using controllers it really equals the playing field and makes the game more fun.