Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
God of war is ps exclusive, never seen it on Xbox. Reverse for Forza, Forza Horizon coming on day one Gamepass for free next month. Both might be on pc I don’t know.

So there’s something to consider.
Yeah i know they've always been exclusive, thats why I'm struggling to pick between the two.

And I can't stand pc gaming. Takes up too much room and the simplicity of console gaming is great for me.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You make a good point...

What kind of dollars we looking at for a decent pc build these days?
I built mine for $1500 but there was a bunch of shit I added that was unnecessary and as it was my first one, I made some inefficient errors. I reckon you could do something half decent for $1k

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's not too bad. My last build was about $4000 10 or so years ago

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
FMD, that’s why I gave up PC gaming decades ago.

$3300 and you’ll spend more upgrading the thing over the next half decade or so.

Console less than $700 and they’ll be cheaper next year.

Without gaming, my last PC lasted 15 years, current laptop’s a throwaway. Mightn’t even get one next time dependant on what tablets can and can’t do. As it is I use the tablet 90% of the time.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
FMD, that’s why I gave up PC gaming decades ago.

$3300 and you’ll spend more upgrading the thing over the next half decade or so.

Console less than $700 and they’ll be cheaper next year.

Without gaming, my last PC lasted 15 years, current laptop’s a throwaway. Mightn’t even get one next time dependant on what tablets can and can’t do. As it is I use the tablet 90% of the time.
I haven't really looked into it that much but I know i'd constantly strive to have the best hardware and it would turn into a massive money pit, not to mention of the extra random games I'd spend time playing.

Console is simple, plug and play and that's for a few years. I did already send thousands this gen because I bought a new TV to go with it and a few more games than usual (playing more single player now) so maybe I'm not coming out that much better in the end lol.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I built mine for $1500 but there was a bunch of shit I added that was unnecessary and as it was my first one, I made some inefficient errors. I reckon you could do something half decent for $1k
I'm pretty sure it's now illegal to build a PC without lots of flashy RGB lights.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah. They released a few hot fixes that fixed pretty much everything. Apparently there's still some people having issues but they'll have another patch out soon.
Have you killed any of the visionaries? I thought they might be challenging to kill, but na, headshot does the job lol.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Have you killed any of the visionaries? I thought they might be challenging to kill, but na, headshot does the job lol.
Nah, not yet. But I think the real challenge isn't killing them. It's figuring out how to kill them all in one day.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
It might just be me but I don't think Deathloop is actually a good game, far from it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It might just be me but I don't think Deathloop is actually a good game, far from it.
I love it, the combat is fun but there really isn't enough while it isn't challenging. You can clear an entire map in a few minutes.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love it, the combat is fun but there really isn't enough while it isn't challenging. You can clear an entire map in a few minutes.
As I said, in my opinion I think it isn't that good and was over hyped. If you're enjoying it hey, that's all that matters man. It just doesn't do anything for me.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
As I said, in my opinion I think it isn't that good and was over hyped. If you're enjoying it hey, that's all that matters man. It just doesn't do anything for me.
Na we have to fight now