Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe started playing Apex, dunno wtf I'm doing but it's fun.
It's pretty cool, isn't it. I've only played a handful of games and generally got my butt kicked but it's fun. I've found it's easier if you avoid the big city areas. They have the best loot but they're flooded with other players.

The ping system is awesome too. Makes it really easy to communicate with team mates without having to put up with a 13 year old screaming down the mic.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It's pretty cool, isn't it. I've only played a handful of games and generally got my butt kicked but it's fun. I've found it's easier if you avoid the big city areas. They have the best loot but they're flooded with other players.

The ping system is awesome too. Makes it really easy to communicate with team mates without having to put up with a 13 year old screaming down the mic.
I completely lose track of my inventory, it's way too complicated to follow all the attachments. I always get stuck with shit guns lol.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I completely lose track of my inventory, it's way too complicated to follow all the attachments. I always get stuck with shit guns lol.
I'm surprised you last that long. I pick up one gun, maybe kill one other dude then get shot myself, then I rage quit and watch some TV

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm surprised you last that long. I pick up one gun, maybe kill one other dude then get shot myself, then I rage quit and watch some TV
Haha. I've won 1 game now, sort of got lucky with most people taking each other out before i even make contact with others. Did have 7 kills in another game playing as the big ****. Need a break from this though, hurts my eyes playing this.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Well considering I personally own the AOC AG322FCX (that's the single monitor I bought ages ago for my racing rig), I'm going to play favourites. Haven't used it really at all though, but did a stack of research when buying it.

Never really seen MSI as a serious player in the monitor market.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well considering I personally own the AOC AG322FCX (that's the single monitor I bought ages ago for my racing rig), I'm going to play favourites. Haven't used it really at all though, but did a stack of research when buying it.

Never really seen MSI as a serious player in the monitor market.
Is the gap between 4ms and 1ms huge ? I don't understand all this shit lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Here you go :grinning: ...

There's no a lot between them in all honesty. Response times on MPRT are MEANT to be faster, but it's always been a highly skeptical marketing number that's hard to justify/prove. Much like Dynamic Contrast Ratio.

Largely I'd ignore both unless we are talking 20ms GTG vs 1ms GTG, or 20ms MPRT to 1ms MPRT.
GTG = Time taken for a pixel to turn from grey to a colour then grey again.
MPRT = Time taken for a pixel to turn to a colour and then to another colour.

As you can see, GTG and MPRT are very "vague" technical terms.

Max Hz (Refresh Rate), be a little careful on. Some manufacturers boast 165Hz Refresh Rates, however these are only available over DisplayPort (Viewsonic are honest enough to publish that). So even with a 165Hz MSI, you may find via HDMI only 144Hz is available.

Based on all the below, the two AOC monitors are near identical. Looks like the C32G1 has been out overseas a while now. At a guess I'd say it's replacing the AG322FCX (which has been out a while).

I'd honestly look at that if you can wait, else the Viewsonic is more honest in it's specs compared to MSI (both about the same but Viewsonic have done monitors in the graphics arena for a LONG time). Plus the MSI price is higher for little benefit.

The ASUS throws out some reasonable specs as well and will give brighter whites.

upload_2019-2-10_14-18-44.png

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Personally I'd skip both as they're both 1080p which looks pretty crap at 32 inch but if you are happy with 1080p then it should be fine.

I can't say for sure for the MSI, but I personally bought that AOC monitor (for about $100 less) a while back and returned it after a few days 'cause it gave me motion sickness.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Personally I'd skip both as they're both 1080p which looks pretty crap at 32 inch but if you are happy with 1080p then it should be fine.

I can't say for sure for the MSI, but I personally bought that AOC monitor (for about $100 less) a while back and returned it after a few days 'cause it gave me motion sickness.
Why would it look shitty at 32 inches

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

Price vs performance. In order to step up to a 32" (or larger) 1440p or QHD you're looking a significant amount more (at least a few hundred).

I'll admit I haven't used it much (just to do some testing, etc) but I didn't have a problem with the AG322FCX ... though it'd depend highly on a few things.

If you have it on a desk and are sitting up close, then I can imagine it'd be a problem. I've got dual 24s on my desk, and a single 27 on another desk/workbench. Sitting closer to anything larger would be problematic.

But on a racing sim rig you are much further away from the monitor, so it's not as noticable.

Why would it look shitty at 32 inches
The problem is that when you run a low res on a large screen everything can look big and bulky. But it's normally only a problem if you are using it as a general work monitor, etc.

That said this is another option:
https://www.pccasegear.com/products...inch-curved-freesync-144hz-qhd-gaming-monitor

Not due till 8th March 2019 though...

Similar to C32G1 but 2560x1440p, 300mcd/2

BUT it's $469.

Thoughts @Hacky McAxe ?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Price vs performance. In order to step up to a 32" (or larger) 1440p or QHD you're looking a significant amount more.

I'll admit I haven't used it much (just to do some testing, etc) but I didn't have a problem with the AG322FCX ... though it'd depend highly on a few things.

If you have it on a desk and are sitting up close, then I can imagine it'd be a problem. I've got dual 24s on my desk, and a single 27 on another desk/workbench. Sitting closer to anything larger would be problematic.

But on a racing sim rig you are much further away from the monitor, so it's not as noticable.

The problem is that when you run a low res on a large screen everything can look big and bulky. But it's normally only a problem if you are using it as a general work monitor, etc.
Is this the one you were talking about before? Its out tomorrow
https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Monitors/25plus-inch/75347-CQ32G1

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Price vs performance. In order to step up to a 32" (or larger) 1440p or QHD you're looking a significant amount more (at least a few hundred).

That said this is another option:
https://www.pccasegear.com/products...inch-curved-freesync-144hz-qhd-gaming-monitor

Not due till 8th March 2019 though...

Similar to C32G1 but 2560x1440p, 300mcd/2

BUT it's $469.

Thoughts @Hacky McAxe ?
Was just looking at that lol didn't read your post before i posted mine.
Hims the one surely this will be suitable for my needs