Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a vpn to use? Wanting to use it for my laptop and android phone

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a vpn to use? Wanting to use it for my laptop and android phone
We don't really discuss such topics here (infact if you sign up from a VPN/proxy your registration is rejected)... besides, I've never really seen a need for one (and I've been in the industry some time).

My viewpoint: I find the entire thing pointless unless you are engaging in illegal activities.

Many VPN providers log connections anyway except for the dodgy ones. Thus defeating the purpose.

Or are you asking because of those Foxtel ads for NordVPN LOL

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We don't really discuss such topics here (infact if you sign up from a VPN/proxy your registration is rejected)... besides, I've never really seen a need for one (and I've been in the industry some time).

My viewpoint: I find the entire thing pointless unless you are engaging in illegal activities.

Many VPN providers log connections anyway except for the dodgy ones. Thus defeating the purpose.

Whoops. Didn't realise it couldnt be discussed. It was mainly for US netflix haha

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

I never understand the lack of discussion over it. People now days primarily use it for privacy.

That said, it's kind of stupid if you use a VPN for illegal stuff. People think a VPN is completely private. It's not. It just masks your IP from most people, but it does that by giving you an IP from your VPN company. If someone approaches the company asking for your details, there's nothing to stop the VPN company from giving up your details if they're threatened legally. Your safer with your own ISP as Australian law provides pretty strong protection.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Mainly for interoffice communication. At my previous job I'd setup a box to box IPSec VPN over our 2 WAN links so both offices could be linked.

Plus we had remote users that used SSL VPN connections with tokens handed out by our firewalls.

For business VPNs make sense.. for the end user not really.

Another option is not using a VPN but rather an international proxy server and going in that way.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Clash Royale is one of the iOS games I wish I didn't start playing. So damn addictive.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Someone from Deviant Art made this - bloody unreal.

arena_01_by_xofks12-da4xvg5.gif

Last edited:

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Anyone into R6 siege. It's a great game, superior to other shooters such as cod. Siege is based more on tactical and situational awareness.

If anyone has played it i'm a plat 3 with a 1.6 kd on ps4.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone into R6 siege. It's a great game, superior to other shooters such as cod. Siege is based more on tactical and situational awareness.

I play on PC mainly but I also have it on PS4 and Xbone. Haven't played it much on those platforms though.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

Yeah i've played it since it released. It's pretty much my go to multiplayer game. Play it most nights with my crew. I do enjoy it more than the recent CODs online.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I haven't played it but its popular even among the elitist hardcore gamers so it must be good.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Yeah may aswell
Search KnoxClan - or something along those lines. Tell me if you find it. Look for one with a member named "King Kong" (relax, it's not me LOL).