Completion des?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So des, our completion was 84% yesterday, 2% higher than the panthers! You still guna blame ur shitty attacking structures on poor ball handling or have you fucking realised what we fans have known for 3-4 years! Fuck off

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Smoke and mirrors from Des.

Remember when we could score long range tries.

On a positive note Phillips had a good game on the wing. Lets hope he is a regular starter next year, we need speed

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, we need speed; and Mbye showed what speed he has when he ran down a certain try at the end of the game. We need to use that speed and determination where it has the most impact. Running "setters" on the fifth tackle is not cutting it for us. Penrith showed what you can do with fast young players, making the ball do the work. Just compare how we plodded, one out, and died with the ball, while all their tackled players were offloading with skill and confidence.

When we took that unlikely lead at 6-0, you could see the team easing back and starting to slack off. At that stage I saw danger signs. When it got to 6-4, I saw defeat staring us in the face.

Reactions: DT

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes, we need speed; and Mbye showed what speed he has when he ran down a certain try at the end of the game. We need to use that speed and determination where it has the most impact. Running "setters" on the fifth tackle is not cutting it for us. Penrith showed what you can do with fast young players, making the ball do the work. Just compare how we plodded, one out, and died with the ball, while all their tackled players were offloading with skill and confidence.

When we took that unlikely lead at 6-0, you could see the team easing back and starting to slack off. At that stage I saw danger signs. When it got to 6-4, I saw defeat staring us in the face.
As much as Mbye faces criticism he clearly has talent to belong in FG

That chase was class as was the show and go try

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The try on half time was absolute bullshit. The penalty that Moylan earned was clever work by him, but the referees must be as dumb as dog shit to have been played so obviously in that instance. That ruling basically gifted the Panthers a try. From that point on the fatigue of the forwards started to become quite noticeable and the Panthers just ran our (mostly) slow and unfit forwards around until the missed tackles started to climb. Yes, we were unlucky with injuries but basically we would never have been able to counter the Panther's uptempo game with our slow defense. Fualalo should never play first grade again, he's too slow and misses too many tackles. RFM has a lot more to offer and doesn't get enough game time. He has the potential to play a similar role to Frank Pritchard if given the opportunity.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
As much as i have bagged Mbye in the past, for the first time ever I finally saw the frustration and desperation in his play yesterday. Kid has speed and deserves another shot next year but at 5/8 or hooker with a totally new coach and attacking structure.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As much as i have bagged Mbye in the past, for the first time ever I finally saw the frustration and desperation in his play yesterday. Kid has speed and deserves another shot next year but at 5/8 or hooker with a totally new coach and attacking structure.
I think his had his hands tied to how he plays, yesty u could see his frustration

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
MBye has talent, he needs a new structure to play under.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
No point completing if you can't do anything with the ball in hand anyway

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The try on half time was absolute bullshit. The penalty that Moylan earned was clever work by him, but the referees must be as dumb as dog shit to have been played so obviously in that instance. That ruling basically gifted the Panthers a try. From that point on the fatigue of the forwards started to become quite noticeable and the Panthers just ran our (mostly) slow and unfit forwards around until the missed tackles started to climb. Yes, we were unlucky with injuries but basically we would never have been able to counter the Panther's uptempo game with our slow defense. Fualalo should never play first grade again, he's too slow and misses too many tackles. RFM has a lot more to offer and doesn't get enough game time. He has the potential to play a similar role to Frank Pritchard if given the opportunity.
I was livid at the time yesterday and knew that was the beginning of the end for the day for us, and that's exactly what happened.
Will Tony 'I was a shit ref' Archer say anything about that....of course not it only happened to Canterbury

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No that can't be right, remember he insisted on having the Des clause in his long drawn out contract negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.