coke or coke zero?

which one do you prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
apparently coke zero has more sugar than normal coke?

JUST WHAT I HEARD YOO

=Sarah=

Long live MJ
Reaction score
COKE! But I drink coke zero because normal coke is too sugary =(

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
coke zero is actually bad for you.

i drink diet coke or diet pepsi. i used to drink heaps of pepsi max but ive sortve kept away from it lately as its the same as coke zero

luke

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
coke zero is actually bad for you.

i drink diet coke or diet pepsi. i used to drink heaps of pepsi max but ive sortve kept away from it lately as its the same as coke zero
why is zero bad hani? i drink heaps of the ****

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
why is zero bad hani? i drink heaps of the ****
They think that the artificial saccarhin (sweetener) they put in diet cokes can be worse for a healthy person than normal sugar. Supposedly it can have numerous side effects, and may cause cancer, headaches etc. However many scientists have come out and said that is absolute bullsh*t.

Still a better option for those with diabetes though.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I'm sick of people saying that diet coke is worse than ****ign normal coke.

Normal coke has ****ing 60 grams of sugar or so per 600 mls, and a ****load of calories. Diet coke has ZERO sugar and pretty much ZERO calories. How it ends up being worse for your belly is beyond me.

Yes it is nowhere near healthier than a bottle of water, and yes you should avoid both as much as possible - but if you were to have the occasional coke, then you are better off going for the diet range than the 60 grams of sugar range.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Yeah I'm sick of people saying that diet coke is worse than ****ign normal coke.

Normal coke has ****ing 60 grams of sugar or so per 600 mls, and a ****load of calories. Diet coke has ZERO sugar and pretty much ZERO calories. How it ends up being worse for your belly is beyond me.

Yes it is nowhere near healthier than a bottle of water, and yes you should avoid both as much as possible - but if you were to have the occasional coke, then you are better off going for the diet range than the 60 grams of sugar range.
who said diet coke is worse than regular coke? think people were saying COKE ZERO is worse than regular coke which has its reasons

=Sarah=

Long live MJ
Reaction score
Coke zero is not bad for you Hani if you don't drink alot of it- that goes for diet coke too. My GP actually told me that it's only harmful if you drink it in EXCESS and drinking coke zero is def more beneficial for you that normal coke. Sugar= BAD!!!

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
who said diet coke is worse than regular coke? think people were saying COKE ZERO is worse than regular coke which has its reasons
Same thing Hani lol. They both use artificial sweetners. Unless Coke Zero is using something else I don't know of?

Ghost of Dime

Future1stGrader
Reaction score
I'd hate to know how much Coke I drink every week with spirits, but I'd reckon 8-10 litres would be close.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Coke Zero is sweetened with a combination of aspartame and acesulfame potassium (Ace-K). Coke Zero is the same basic formula as classic Coke while Diet Coke is a different formula completely. Diet Coke is sweetened with aspartame only. There are unsubstantiated theories (at least by Coca Cola) that the unsuccessful release of Coke Two or new Coke was actually the formula for Diet Coke, just sweetened with the classic sugar combination.
Also, Coke Zero has 0.5 Calories per 100ml while Diet Coke, oddly enough, still contains one Calorie.
One other rational for the Coca Cola release of Coke Zero is that men are reluctant to buy diet coke because of the association with dieting and women. Much of the marketing of Coke Zero in the US is directed toward men and activities often associated with masculinity.
On a side note, in many european countries and pan american/south american countries, Diet Coke is released as Coca Cola Light.

LOL

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Coke Zero is sweetened with a combination of aspartame and acesulfame potassium (Ace-K). Coke Zero is the same basic formula as classic Coke while Diet Coke is a different formula completely. Diet Coke is sweetened with aspartame only. There are unsubstantiated theories (at least by Coca Cola) that the unsuccessful release of Coke Two or new Coke was actually the formula for Diet Coke, just sweetened with the classic sugar combination.
Also, Coke Zero has 0.5 Calories per 100ml while Diet Coke, oddly enough, still contains one Calorie.
One other rational for the Coca Cola release of Coke Zero is that men are reluctant to buy diet coke because of the association with dieting and women. Much of the marketing of Coke Zero in the US is directed toward men and activities often associated with masculinity.
On a side note, in many european countries and pan american/south american countries, Diet Coke is released as Coca Cola Light.

LOL
Yeah Coke Zero uses an extra ingredient which is found in normal coke (aspartame and acesulfame potassium) - but it still isn't sugar? It's an artificial sweetner right?

Unless you can tell me Ace-K is bad for you, then it's still pretty much the same thing as drinking Diet Coke.

Reaction score
I drink coke zero because its low cal, and has no sugars. however it tastes **** compared to normal coke but i just like the bubblies

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
it tastes **** because of all the artificial sweeteners

i work for schweppes australia and i work in the syrup room where the drinks are made. being a syrup maker, i can tell you with complete certainty - do not drink 'diet' drinks

and that's not just because of the taste

:grinning:

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
i work for schweppes australia and i work in the syrup room where the drinks are made. being a syrup maker, i can tell you with complete certainty - do not drink 'diet' drinks
Well what the hell else are we gonna do with them? God you're so blonde sometimes.

I'll never forget the time VAI told me about how once he added something a little extra to one of the drinks. Dodgy bastard.

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
it tastes **** because of all the artificial sweeteners

and that's not just because of the taste

:grinning:
Hahaha why whats in it thats so terrible / disgusting?

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah Coke Zero uses an extra ingredient which is found in normal coke (aspartame and acesulfame potassium) - but it still isn't sugar? It's an artificial sweetner right?

Unless you can tell me Ace-K is bad for you, then it's still pretty much the same thing as drinking Diet Coke.
coke diet drinks are likely to be the same as pepsi diet drinks. my work has the contract to package pepsi products

ace k and aspartame are in all pepsi diet products and i'm betting it's exactly the same with coke diet drinks. i don't imagine coke zero has any dry ingredients different from any pepsi or coke diet drinks. the other components being citric acid and sodium benzoate (preservative)

these artifical sweeteners are definately no good for the system, but they are passed by the health authorities as safe. i assume this is on the provision it's drank at moderate levels. if anyone has ever watched the movie 'supersize me', they can see the dangers of not only 'diet' drink consumption, but all soft drink consumption (drank in large quantities each day), mainly carbonated drinks, from what i understood

but like anything, it is fine if done in moderation :grinning:

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
If its Coke, its coke.

I don't care if its Normal Coke, Diet or Zero.

Give me a can and i'll take it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.