Opinion Coffs Harbour: JT delivers a truth that the Bulldogs and rugby league deserved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
He is now saying the girl was disrespected by being dealt with like she was. He isn't defending her but merely saying that the players used her sexually when it suited and then told her to f off. Was it any wonder a woman "like that" would kick up a fuss on that night by banging on their doors. Those that partook of her favours where dumb and needed to think with their big brain and not their small one (as Nathan Brown would say). If you get mixed up with those sorts of people and inappropriate activity, then you are bound to have repercusions. Most people, whether town bikes, or not, don't like being trashed and if unstable enough, seek revenge. High profile footy players are particularly targeted whether its the local loud mouthed jock who wants to fight or the local lose morals females.

A lot don't think it was handled properly. The Admin were totally naive in many respects and we lost players, Hughes, Turvey and it bismirched our reputation yet again. The drunkeness and sex at the resort were not acceptable if you are representing the Bulldogs. The consensual pool escapade with the one dumb opportunistic player was seen by many on the Sunday morning. Not good enough. No discipline demanded apparently by Admin.

Of course, now with age and responsibilities, JT can see the female's side with her being ok on Wednesday night for 6 of em but Saturday night when they're not interested and have to meet at 7am next morning, she is called a slut, shamed and shunned like a piece of meat.

I am not defending the woman. What she did was totally wrong and impacted on the guys and their families and my club...but there is plenty of fault too with the players cos you just can't treat people like shit and hope they quietly go away. They never should have gotten involved with her or the Wednesday night incident as a matter of respect to the professional and family values of the club that pays them. Not to mention completely disregard Folksey.

Actions have consequences and all parties were to blame.

Well said.

I cannot understand the people who are angry at JT for what he has said, TBH it doesn't do anything negative to our club at all, if anything it makes it more obvious what a load of shite the whole thing was and proves we weren't a club of "rapists". He may have downplayed his own involvement, I don't know, but for all we know everything he has said is true. This info should have come out after the event happened, I cannot believe our club let our name be dragged through the mud so badly. Ridiculous.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I couldn't have said it any better myself.
Yes, we did nothing criminal.
But seriuously, how dumb are the players...you wanna do a gang bang then go ahead and do it, but don't give her a reason to go to the cops by treating her like crap afterwards.
I guarantee that if they showed a little more respect towards her nothing would have happened. Males in their twenties....what do you expect.
General society expects a lot better nowdays and ALL parties, whether male or female, need to abide by the rules society sets out for them. The days of turning a blind eye, arrogance that you can do whatever you like, treat people badly, always comes back to you one way or another.

They have a very privileged life. Most would probably only aspire to low paid jobs if not for their footballing talents...about time they cherished the opportunity in life they have by not blowing it.

Temptation and brain dead females will always be there but no excuses..or....pay the price by getting sacked.

I sincerely hope the club instigates a zero tolerance rule (after a fair investigation of course) with any other incidences.

The club can not afford to keep being knocked from pillar to post with scandals and bs.

Yes probably it's extra tough being a Dogs player but time to step up ...and they can rely on the club, and it's fans, loyalty.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We should forever remember
No illegal actions were made by an individual or a group of Canterbury players !!!

I refuse to read JT's Daily Telecrap's article
My question to JT...is it really good to dig up this sad episode in Canterbury's history ?
What were his intentions, is he that naive to allow The Daily Telecrap (who tainted him and his teammates as rapists) to use him as a stirring stick to dig up rubbish about Canterbury ?
I smell RAT
By the way...Didn't the corrupt cop lose his job as a result of his misconduct ?
We all know the Daily Telecrap is owned and run by criminals whom
1. While they were half owners of the NRL, for many years they repeatedly cheated the salary cap at Melbourne not long after they prosecuted us for the same reason in 2002, then used their former CEO as escape goat to avoid criminal charges...
what a sad joke !!!
2. Their media outlets have repeatedly and deliberately smeared the out of favour clubs such as Canterbury ultimately damaging the rugby league game in general !!!
The saddest thing is supporters of other clubs rejoiced when ever Canterbury and its fans were targeted and continually hinder us with the rape accusations little that they know they and their pathetic weak clubs are next on the agenda !
NEWS Ltd motto should be DIVIDE AND CONQUER !!!

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bringing the woman back to the resort was against rules and that caused the problem so the club, Admin, fans and team mates had every right to blow up. Those guys were lucky they have been protected...while the club still wears the fallout.
So, you reckon the media would’ve been fine with it if they gangbanged her in her trailer ?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
How were the police corrupt?
It wasn't exactly corruption. It was pressure from above. The police admitted that there was no case and they wanted to drop it but the media put pressure on the higher ups to keep the case going while ignoring the complete lack of evidence and obvious problems with the statement left by the alleged victim.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
he has portrayed the girl as a victim in his story despite saying it was all consensual he think the girl was wronged and blamed club for not handling it properly.

He has only tried to clear his name from this by siding with the slut who was not raped yet accused the players of rape.
Mate that is utter bullshit

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
So, you reckon the media would’ve been fine with it if they gangbanged her in her trailer ?
OMG I think you are somehow missing the point.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It wasn't exactly corruption. It was pressure from above. The police admitted that there was no case and they wanted to drop it but the media put pressure on the higher ups to keep the case going while ignoring the complete lack of evidence and obvious problems with the statement left by the alleged victim.
And that is political interference and corruption and subverting natural justice of the accused isn't it.

Stuart Thomas

Waterboy
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well mate you've still got the Fair Work Ombudsman and what have you on your side - and it's never too late to report such a thing - even if it was a slow kill. I've been in your shoes before, not one to jump, but conditions to the job made it difficult and eventually I was pushed. I only regret not taking action before the place I was working for was permanently shutdown.

Stuart, Bulldogs supporter or not, we appreciate you jumping in and reporting from an unbiased perspective on our club. It's good to know there's a journo out there with a moral spine!
Thanks mate, but this one was pretty easy to tell really. As you know, most Bulldog people in the know were well aware of the facts for quite some time. Sadly, if you or I stated them, we would have been mocked. As soon as JT spoke everyone listened.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That is spot on...
Evil Empire News Ltd was doing its best to destroy Canterbury !!!
Has any thing changed ???

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Closed because sooner or later someone is going to kick off the Thurston discussion in here as well and make defaming comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.