Coffee Cards

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I'm sure a few of us here have coffee loyalty cards - something like buy 9 get the 10th free.

One thing that always confuses me if when I turn up to a coffee shop and people have their cards pinned on a wall somewhere or in a box with everyone elses. Wouldn't it be easier to keep your own coffee card in your wallet? That way, there's no chance someone will take yours, and you can simply get it out when you get the money out to pay for the coffee?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
No idea. I've only found one place in Sydney who makes tolerable coffee and that's in North Sydney, and I don't go to North Sydney that often and they don't do loyalty cards.

Wahesh

Reaction score
No idea. I've only found one place in Sydney who makes tolerable coffee and that's in North Sydney, and I don't go to North Sydney that often and they don't do loyalty cards.
You know, you can tell the barista exactly how you like your coffee... make it to the way that you like. Tell them how they make it in North Sydney and get them to do the same. The other thing is the brand of coffee they use. Campos and Toby's Estate for instant are awesome, but the barista has to take pride in the way they make the coffee too.

NO ONE comes close to this barista on Harris Street, Pyrmont. He is a Japanese guy and you can tell he takes pride in every cup he makes. He is awesome.

https://www.zomato.com/sydney/cafe-harris-pyrmont

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You know, you can tell the barista exactly how you like your coffee... make it to the way that you like. Tell them how they make it in North Sydney and get them to do the same. The other thing is the brand of coffee they use. Campos and Toby's Estate for instant are awesome, but the barista has to take pride in the way they make the coffee too.

NO ONE comes close to this barista on Harris Street, Pyrmont. He is a Japanese guy and you can tell he takes pride in every cup he makes. He is awesome.

https://www.zomato.com/sydney/cafe-harris-pyrmont
I've tried. Most places I say "can you please not burn the milk or push too much water through the coffee?"

Sure enough, one sip and I taste bitter coffee with burnt milk.

Also, what cafe does instant coffee?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha. Now there's a fantastic typo.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Coffee in long bay jail is nice and 3 bucks foods fucking cheap also a ceaser salad 4 bucks .who needs loyalty cards

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Coffee is putrid. It wrecks my stomach but even then i still hate the taste. Maybe another 10 years and i might like it lol.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How many smoking hot women would like to work in such a bleak environment?
I tells you there's quite a few . A good dozen or so in one administration building. Not as amusing as the nutter outfront of blacktown police station yelling fuck the police

Wahesh

Reaction score
So how exactly do you know this - what business do you have in this admin building?

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
I always keep my card on me, not sure why you'd leave it at the cafe, seems weird. I just put mine in the console of the car.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
What's the place? I work in North Sydney and would be interested.

It's old now but Five Points Burger on Walker street, North Sydney is still one of the best burger places in Sydney.

Wahesh

Reaction score
What's the place? I work in North Sydney and would be interested.

It's old now but Five Points Burger on Walker street, North Sydney is still one of the best burger places in Sydney.
I'm sure any pub that makes burgers has their number ;)

Wahesh

Reaction score
This coffee shop I'm starting to frequent across the road doesn't give loyalty cards. Well... I might just not be a loyal customer in that case :tonguewink:

Hey, it's Friday and I thought I might as well treat myself to a takeaway coffee today (I usually make my own) but $3.50 for a coffee that doesn't give loyalty cards? No thanks.