Cody Walker refuses to sing national anthem at State of Origin

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
There's an article out this morning saying he won't be singing the national anthem out of some form of protest.

What a scum bag.

Makes out as though he's some sort of virtuous political martyr by refusing to sing the national anthem (I'm assuming because he somehow mistakenly thinks it represents some sort of oppressive culture), but on the other hand he is more than happy to take hundreds of thousands of dollars from a sporting corporate like the NRL/Souths/Sponsors who also are representative of western culture.

So hypocritcial.

If he's going to act high and mighty he could at least be consistent and refuse to take these oppressive organisations money.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Boot the **** out, fuck him. Don't let this shit take hold here.

The poor oppressed man making millions from playing sport and will always have a get out of jail card if he decides to beat his wife after drink driving home.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Most Indigenous people do not have the opportunity to make lots of money from professional sport. Maybe he feels his gesture is necessary to support them. Protesters do not need to protest their own circumstances, a big part of protesting is using a platform to support society's voiceless.

Like it or lump it, he has the right to protest. Don't like it? Go find a totalitarian country to live in.

Who says tighty righties aren't easily triggered? Lol

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As long as he doesn't take a knee ffs. That's just embarrassing

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Time to ditch the anthem in favour of the chicken dance. Not only is it less divisive, it's also a much catchier tune.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Not that I really give a fuck about some player in a rigged sport but he is happy to take Australian currency but not sing the Australian anthem.

Hypocritical piece of shit.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
JT is backing him on this also. They want everyone to come together and come up with something else.....

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I actually don't have an issue with him to refusing to sing the anthem. But if he's going to do that, then in my book he should also be refusing to take any money from Souths the NRL or any sponsors.

It's the hypocrisy that's annoying, not the protest.

I'd actually have a lot of respect for him (similar to Israel Folau) if he was consistent and stood up for his beliefs all the way to the bank, instead of just doing it when it's convenient.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
JT is backing him on this also. They want everyone to come together and come up with something else.....
lol - so they think the country will come together if they try to get rid of the national anthem and come up with something new.

Good luck with that.

It will only lead to more divisiveness.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Biggest thing for me with freedom of speech is how hypocritical people are about the term freedom of speech. You would get so many people in full blown support of Israel Folau (which I don't have an issue with) but will cry and cry about Cody Walker saying you cock sucker get over. I couldn't care less what Cody or anyone does, just hate how people are selective when they use the term of free speech to fit their narrative

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
lol - so they think the country will come together if they try to get rid of the national anthem and come up with something new.

Good luck with that.

That division is already there though. Sweeping it under the carpet to make people more comfortable doesn't really get rid of it..... stubborn people getting over their outrage and acknowledging the basic point may do so....or at least go some way towards addressing it.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He has the right not to sing - anyone has a right to disagree with his actions (as of this point of time - things could change!)

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score

Good luck with that.

in this case the divisiveness happens because you cant handle someone not singing a song

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe he's just a really bad singer?

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Most Indigenous people do not have the opportunity to make lots of money from professional sport. Maybe he feels his gesture is necessary to support them. Protesters do not need to protest their own circumstances, a big part of protesting is using a platform to support society's voiceless.

Like it or lump it, he has the right to protest. Don't like it? Go find a totalitarian country to live in.

Who says tighty righties aren't easily triggered? Lol
Why dont they have the opportunity?
I dont mind either way with what he is doing, but interested to know why Indigenous dont get the opportunity as everyone else would in this day and age.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
this reminds me of the NFL player kneeling controversy, completely race based

trump went into alabama and explained why black nfl players should never disrespect the flag and they should be fired, and white people who fly the confederate flag cheered him