JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I actually knew some of those facts before hand :grinning:

Pretty cool though.

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
this thread gets my vote for most boring thread ever!
well no one asked you to read it,,must be boring because its true and doesnt contain all the general little gossip that little people like you need to read to get through those boring little lives by themselves..

this is what i do in life and if i choose to share it with people like yourselves,be greatfull to learn this stuff without having to sit through the documentry...

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No1 mentioned the most dangerous snake of all... The common Trouser snake...

It comes in a range of colours, and can ruin a life in anywhere between 30seconds(in 1/2 case of course) and 1-2 hrs.

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
No1 mentioned the most dangerous snake of all... The common Trouser snake...

It comes in a range of colours, and can ruin a life in anywhere between 30seconds(in 1/2 case of course) and 1-2 hrs.

1/2 takes all that time becauses he milks the venom himself ;)

Nash

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
What is the poisonous chemical actually contained in the snakes deadly venom?

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
zootoxins im guessing

our teacher was a reptle nut...has to do with proteins and stuff withing the vemon production.

coastaldog-how many snakes do you have personally mate?

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
depends on the snake..
but i think your talking about neurotoxins

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
zootoxins im guessing

our teacher was a reptle nut...has to do with proteins and stuff withing the vemon production.

coastaldog-how many snakes do you have personally mate?

at the moment i only have 11 snakes and 4 lizards,,,,but that should double in the next couple of weeks and also i have 33 eggs in the incubater,,which i will sell and buy other snakes with or swap fo others...so im hopeing to get to about 50 by tax time...

due to just buying a house i had to sell a few for a bigger deposit,,but now thats paid its full steam ahead

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
that would be a good business hey? selling snake babies.... they go for quite alot dont they???
weird thing is i like snakes but cant deal with lizards :( nothing with nails...

how would i go about obtaining a license to own a snakey....is it hard process? :grinning:

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
this is a bit on the main two of the five different types of venom in australian elapids(deadly little fockers)Hemotoxic venom effects the blood and organs, causing a breakdown or inflammation in the body. Hemotoxic bites are the most painful as breathing hurts and tissues start to die.

Neurotoxic venom, as the name suggests, effect the nervous system, leading to everything from siezures to death. Neurotoxic bites are the most deadly.
Although we have these two wonderful different categories, no snake fits completely in each. Many snakes incorporate both neurotoxic and hemotoxic venom in their bites so when telling them apart one goes by which type is more predominant.

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
that would be a good business hey? selling snake babies.... they go for quite alot dont they???
weird thing is i like snakes but cant deal with lizards :( nothing with nails...

how would i go about obtaining a license to own a snakey....is it hard process? :grinning:
depends where you live,,but the licience system is alot easier to what it used to be when i went through the hassle obtaining mine many years ago...

DoggyGirl

>Sylvana
Reaction score
well no one asked you to read it,,must be boring because its true and doesnt contain all the general little gossip that little people like you need to read to get through those boring little lives by themselves..
this is what i do in life and if i choose to share it with people like yourselves,be greatfull to learn this stuff without having to sit through the documentry...
i read it coz i was wandering what the thread was about like i read almost every thread on here. and for your comment in bold, get f'd! if anyone has the boring life it's you buddy! go study nature for excitement!

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
i read it coz i was wandering what the thread was about like i read almost every thread on here. and for your comment in bold, get f'd! if anyone has the boring life it's you buddy! go study nature for excitement!

yeah it must be a boring little life i have,,,getting to travel to exotic places and treck through untouched rainforest and getting paid bloody good money to do it..and all this is to help save this planet that we as a whole are destroying at a phenominal rate,,so im not studying nature for exitement as you put it,but too help find a cure to some of the endangerment we are putting it through..

and for someone who states that they read "ALMOST EVERY THREAD ON HERE",im glad in that "not boring little life of yours"you find the time to do it.and makes your statement of mine being the most boring even more a hostile statement...

are you that unhappy with you life that you had to come on to my thread and state it was the most boring out of the like 10000 threads here befor you.belittle me and wonder why i take a shot at you..well theres your answer.

you could have just read it and thought "oh well i just learned something i didnt know yesterday"and just left it at that,,,but you had to take one cheap little shot didnt you..i hope your happy with yourself,,i makes all the hard work i do feel so worth while.

F R 3 D 5 7 A

√ [ό] √
Reaction score
yeah it must be a boring little life i have,,,getting to travel to exotic places and treck through untouched rainforest and getting paid bloody good money to do it..and all this is to help save this planet that we as a whole are destroying at a phenominal rate,,so im not studying nature for exitement as you put it,but too help find a cure to some of the endangerment we are putting it through..

and for someone who states that they read "ALMOST EVERY THREAD ON HERE",im glad in that "not boring little life of yours"you find the time to do it.and makes your statement of mine being the most boring even more a hostile statement...

are you that unhappy with you life that you had to come on to my thread and state it was the most boring out of the like 10000 threads here befor you.belittle me and wonder why i take a shot at you..well theres your answer.

you could have just read it and thought "oh well i just learned something i didnt know yesterday"and just left it at that,,,but you had to take one cheap little shot didnt you..i hope your happy with yourself,,i makes all the hard work i do feel so worth while.

I see where she was coming from in that to her "its the most boring thread ever". Knowing her, nature does not interest her. Whether or not she should have posted that here is debateable. In saying that, I have noticed in many other threads, many other people complain about the content and purpose of a particular thread (including myself lol).

A persons interest in posting in a thread is motivated by opinion and mindset. People have an opinion, a lifestyle, a way of thinking - but that shouldnt conflict in appreciating what others do. Whether what you do is boring or not, is your choice. But for her to say you "have a boring life" is a little misguided. Im sure she didnt mean it that way.

You find solace and great enjoyment in what you do. To her its boring. To you its the best thing. Its obviously your cup of tea, but to others it doesnt interest them.

But who cares. Do whatever drives you in the morning out of bed. Passion, enthusiasm and dedication is the key to success - no matter the field of choice.

Your interest in nature is to be admired. Keep up the good work mate

polecat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
good onya coastaldog
as you know im also on the coast.
over the past 4 years ive caught 6 snakes.
4 in the yard and 2 inside.
they are brown, and between 2 - 4 feet long, with a skinny head.
i killed the first couple, but stevo convinced me of the error of
my ways. and i now release them into the scrub
i have been unable to identify exactly what kind of snake they are
and was wondering if you could, through my basic description
help me out?
cheers

DoggyGirl

>Sylvana
Reaction score
I see where she was coming from in that to her "its the most boring thread ever". Knowing her, nature does not interest her. Whether or not she should have posted that here is debateable. In saying that, I have noticed in many other threads, many other people complain about the content and purpose of a particular thread (including myself lol).

A persons interest in posting in a thread is motivated by opinion and mindset. People have an opinion, a lifestyle, a way of thinking - but that shouldnt conflict in appreciating what others do. Whether what you do is boring or not, is your choice. But for her to say you "have a boring life" is a little misguided. Im sure she didnt mean it that way.

You find solace and great enjoyment in what you do. To her its boring. To you its the best thing. Its obviously your cup of tea, but to others it doesnt interest them.

But who cares. Do whatever drives you in the morning out of bed. Passion, enthusiasm and dedication is the key to success - no matter the field of choice.

Your interest in nature is to be admired. Keep up the good work mate
actually it was not me that said he had a boring life, he said it to me and i retaliated!

as for coastaldog, i will say my opinion whether you like it or not and if i find time to read most threads does not prove i don't have a life, it only takes a few minutes to read them especially when i only read the first post most of the time! each person has a job that they love or hate, and if you love it, then ppl like me shouldnt bother you in the least! :grinning:

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
actually it was not me that said he had a boring life, he said it to me and i retaliated!

as for coastaldog, i will say my opinion whether you like it or not and if i find time to read most threads does not prove i don't have a life, it only takes a few minutes to read them especially when i only read the first post most of the time! each person has a job that they love or hate, and if you love it, then ppl like me shouldnt bother you in the least! :grinning:

its actually not you that get to me,,its arrogance of people that get to me,,and your attitude is one of those that make people like us wonder why on earth we do it,,,we put so much time and effort away from our familly to do alot of this work(in familly i mean my wife and 2 daughters)we travel all across this country to do this work,,and through arrogance of people we see all our work undone by the time we have travelled home(that doesnt relate to you)...
as for these threads i do..i do them to try to reach an audience that maybe i may not have met in other circumstances,,,,everyone knows my love of the bulldogs,,and in this website ive learned alot of things i may not have learned on an open feild from others here so this is my way of putting my opinions across....belittling this thread befor it takes off thakes away alot of the credability it deserves.

i listen to every opinion on this site and believe that everybody has beliefes and opinions differant to mine and give them credit for it even if they conflict mine,,i never belittle them i just take the positives from them and thank them for it..belittling them would make them stop there opinions,which no one deserves to do...thats just my opinion..

so when you see "coastaldogs nature corner 2"you should know from the first one to not waist your time opening the page and we,ll leave it at that.

Minty

I WANA GO FAST
Reaction score
snakes are dumb animals i should run them over with my car

Status
Not open for further replies.