coastaldogs nature corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
i thought id start a new segment on amazing facts of my nature studies i have learned over the years,,as most of you know i mainly deal in reptiles but over the years have learned alot about most of australias animals and insects working with some amazing people in the feilds..
but this is more for the purpose of pub ammo style..each week i will give you a breif desciption of an amimal and a amazing realistic fact of it..

the first installment will be on the venom of australias snakes,mainly being the deadliest of them all,"the inland taipan"

1,out of the 20 deadliest snakes in the world,19 of them are australian.
2,the deadliest snake "OUTSIDE" australia is the king cobra.
3,the king cobra comes in at number 17 on the deadliest list.
4,the king cobra kills and average of 40,000 people a year.
5,we have 16 snakes deadlier than the king cobra.
6,our deadliest(inland taipan)is 200 time deadlier than the king cobra.
7,1 drop of taipan venom will kill 200 people or 18000 guinie pigs.
8,each bite from an inland taipan contains about 15 of these drops.
9,if biten near a artery the inland taipan can kill a person in less than 2 minutes,
10,with all this venom,you,ll be amazed to learn that the inland taipan has never killed a person,due to its remotness mainly,,leaving main death casulties in australia to the next 3 deadliest snakes in the world

2nd deadliest,, eastern brown.
3rd deadliest,, common taipan.
4th deadliest,, common tigersnake..

that concluse the first weeks class kids..
stay tuned for next weeks episodes,,

any questions?

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
IF 2 trains leave Brisbane and Sydney at the same time, The one leaving Brisbane goes at 45 km/h and the one from sydney at 90 km/h, which one will be closest to Sydney when they meet?

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
both,when they meet they will be in the same spot..
you actually do need brains to study venomology stevie j,,
which rules you out :p

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
sorry, jus playin.

Out at La Perouse on weekends there is a guy called the snake man and he has a big pit and does 30 minute show. Shows reptiles...Venomous snakes...has a few brown snakes in there too.

You should see when one of them is pissed off and its a hot day...he opens the bag and they come out of it absolutey vicious, slithering around so fast, and taking big bites at him every 2 seconds. He puts on a really great show, and just comes around with a hat asking for donations.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How can the inland taipan be deadly if it hasnt killed anyone?

I mean, how do they calssify its deadly rank?

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
sorry, jus playin.

Out at La Perouse on weekends there is a guy called the snake man and he has a big pit and does 30 minute show. Shows reptiles...Venomous snakes...has a few brown snakes in there too.

You should see when one of them is pissed off and its a hot day...he opens the bag and they come out of it absolutey vicious, slithering around so fast, and taking big bites at him every 2 seconds. He puts on a really great show, and just comes around with a hat asking for donations.
Damn, sounds like he knows what he is doing, i hate snakes.

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
How can the inland taipan be deadly if it hasnt killed anyone?

I mean, how do they calssify its deadly rank?

by the inland taipans venom being able to kill 200 people with one drop,
and the common brown(2nd dealiest)only being able to kill 33..even though it hasnt killed any one,id rather be bitten by a brown snake than an inland taipan,,and the brown snake has killed many people

or we just ask the rats that it eats.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
i have 2 deadly lizards. ****ing blue tongues. big mother****ers. put ur hand in n they'll bite the **** out of u lol

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
you do actually need a licience to have one as a pet tina,,and buy it from a licienced seller...
but if you do get a couple and get caught,,plead ignorance and youll get away with it no probs for a first offence....but you didnt hear that from me

Status
Not open for further replies.