Opinion Coaches Available Now OR For 2022

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Who are some realistic candidates for the top job?

John Morris is a good shout I reckon, he has gained experience and wasn't a total disaster like Barrett at Manly (and with us so far).

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
What if say we get to mid year and we’re 0/12. Can he really hold onto the job?
probably not but do we sack him mid season or wait until the end of the season?

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
When you inherit the bottom list in the comp,you don’t get punted after 1 season.
The club will invest time and a generous amount of patience in Barrett..
Would be lovely if some of our supporters would afford him the same courtesy

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If he gets sacked Burton and Addo Car have a fair argument to renege. Is that what you dickheads are angling for?
If he's 0-12 half way through next year (which I don't think he will be) it's hard to keep him. Also everyone wanted Pay gone with the same/similar record (could argue better).

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
probably not but do we sack him mid season or wait until the end of the season?
Depends on the replacement. I think we need to go after a big fish. A white whale. A Bellamy or Bennett caliber coach. There will be no back flipping on contracts if we employ a top tier coach. Perhaps could keep Trent on the books as an assistant, at the end of the day if he ends up 0/12 then he’ll never land a head coaching role anywhere else again.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Depends on the replacement. I think we need to go after a big fish. A white whale. A Bellamy or Bennett caliber coach. There will be no back flipping on contracts if we employ a top tier coach. Perhaps could keep Trent on the books as an assistant, at the end of the day if he ends up 0/12 then he’ll never land a head coaching role anywhere else again.
Bennett is the only coach that would be worth pursuing. Another assistant or proven failure as a head coach wouldn't change anything. Bellamy is a pipe dream. Flanagan has too much baggage and him coaching his son, we don't need that kind of nepotism.

I'm not a Skeletor fan but if Barrett doesn't pan out by next season, then Bennett's the only one with the resumè, aura and reputation to be able to get instant results and help recruit players.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who are some realistic candidates for the top job?

John Morris is a good shout I reckon, he has gained experience and wasn't a total disaster like Barrett at Manly (and with us so far).
You moron. Have a look at who John Morris also had at his disposal ...

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Barrett is not the problem. The players are ineffective. They cannot adhere to the game plan.
Some of the players are not FG suitable.
Wait until the new buying spree is completed, and give Barrett the chance he deserves with the new cattle.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bennett is the only coach that would be worth pursuing. Another assistant or proven failure as a head coach wouldn't change anything. Bellamy is a pipe dream. Flanagan has too much baggage and him coaching his son, we don't need that kind of nepotism.

I'm not a Skeletor fan but if Barrett doesn't pan out by next season, then Bennett's the only one with the resumè, aura and reputation to be able to get instant results and help recruit players.
Would love to see Bennett at the helm, but he doesn’t do rebuilds, so we wouldn’t be appealing to him. And he has said he’s returning to Brisbane to live. Maybe if it was a long-term / lifetime deal (5-10 years if he has it in him) he might consider it. I’d welcome it, for the stability, his stature and know-how.

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
the board have already said barrets future is safe for this season so can we please close this thread
The board did not think it was going to go this badly either. They need a plan B asap.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Baz and team will come good. Once we get the next couple of signings done we will be moving forward quickly. It will be from next year though.
He can only work with what he’s got right now. The future is brighter even from what we already know for next year so far.