Club still looking to move on Luke Thompson at the end of season

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah tell me about it.....

Even if Kiki retires today he would be a better play than Dorothy has even been.
Not a fan of Dorothy,but killed it for 6 years at manly we were the idiots who paid him big dollars he really don’t give a shit,and what makes u a fuckin expert,how do u know Kikau won’t turn out to be a bigger dud than u.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
So when he sponsored us you cold called him (cold emailed?) to say thank you? And now you’re pen pals and he spills his guts about shit like what Elliott’s been up to and how much coin we’re paying players?
So unbelievably random but good for you. Tell him to buy us a halfback.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Not a fan of Dorothy,but killed it for 6 years at manly we were the idiots who paid him big dollars he really don’t give a shit,and what makes u a fuckin expert,how do u know Kikau won’t turn out to be a bigger dud than u.
Wow, wash the sand out of your vagina before posting you bitch.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we can sign a high quality fullback or half (if one is available), Thommo is the obvious player to create the cap space IMO. I'm sure that's been discussed, but a season is a long time in footy and a big year would make it very hard to cut him loose. If he does fire and we win some games, I reckon he'll be a big fan favourite too.
We have been conditioned with these salary cap lies for so long that takes like this on here are normalised. There’s nobody on our team commanding over $1m a season and there should be no reason to even contemplate moving Thompson on for ‘cap reasons’

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Fucking over this Thompson shit... club would be mad to let him go. Don't see how we wouldn't have space for him next season... I'd rather let Dufty and Vaughan walk. Averillo and Patalo can fill the void

scottywilson

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Spoke to our major sponsor today. He confirmed the club is looking to move on Luke Thompson at the end of this season. He said we need to because of salary cap pressure with Kikau etc arriving. Still a little bit of bad blood over Thomo's refusal to get vaccinated initially and he was shopped to the Tigers but they failed to offer enough.

So I wouldn't expect any more big signings.

I asked him if he was aware that we were ever serious about Paulo. Not as far as he was aware.

Things will be pretty tight it seems and probably not unexpected especially if we re-sign Vaughan and Dufty.

He mentioned that we signing someone from the Broncos (couldn't remember the name) but there is concern about an issue with his leg. Anyone know who that might be ? Could it be Farnworth ?
Bronco player for this year or next ? Only leg issue i recall is Oates, not exactly a player we need...

Doglover28

Waterboy
Reaction score
Spoke to our major sponsor today. He confirmed the club is looking to move on Luke Thompson at the end of this season. He said we need to because of salary cap pressure with Kikau etc arriving. Still a little bit of bad blood over Thomo's refusal to get vaccinated initially and he was shopped to the Tigers but they failed to offer enough.

So I wouldn't expect any more big signings.

I asked him if he was aware that we were ever serious about Paulo. Not as far as he was aware.

Things will be pretty tight it seems and probably not unexpected especially if we re-sign Vaughan and Dufty.

He mentioned that we signing someone from the Broncos (couldn't remember the name) but there is concern about an issue with his leg. Anyone know who that might be ? Could it be Farnworth ?
Gus did say that when he was in QLD, that he was meeting with a potential recruit.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’m backing thommo to have a big season and that would make it very hard for the club to get rid of him. I for one hope he stays, I get the feeling we haven’t even seen the tip of the iceberg for his ability
Actually if Thomo has a blinder this season it would make it very easy to move him on with so much more interest invested by other clubs vying for his services. The dollars on offer would be higher which would mean less for us to fork out to move him on. At the end of the day I'm not really fussed....move him on keep him it really doesn't matter. What matters is that we get the best out of him while he is still with us.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
BAHAHAHAHHAHA that must be a special keyboard you have because it’s got you attacking everyone you tough boiii you.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have been conditioned with these salary cap lies for so long that takes like this on here are normalised. There’s nobody on our team commanding over $1m a season and there should be no reason to even contemplate moving Thompson on for ‘cap reasons’
We moved Cotric on and we’ll move Thompson on if we need to. You might not like it but I doubt the club will take that into consideration if a quality spine option comes up.