Club still looking to move on Luke Thompson at the end of season

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spoke to our major sponsor today. He confirmed the club is looking to move on Luke Thompson at the end of this season. He said we need to because of salary cap pressure with Kikau etc arriving. Still a little bit of bad blood over Thomo's refusal to get vaccinated initially and he was shopped to the Tigers but they failed to offer enough.

So I wouldn't expect any more big signings.

I asked him if he was aware that we were ever serious about Paulo. Not as far as he was aware.

Things will be pretty tight it seems and probably not unexpected especially if we re-sign Vaughan and Dufty.

He mentioned that we signing someone from the Broncos (couldn't remember the name) but there is concern about an issue with his leg. Anyone know who that might be ? Could it be Farnworth ?

Last edited:

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don't know who to believe anymore tbh, if they want him gone they should have released him when he didn't want to get the jab.

Club has denied it but from history it means there might be truth to the matter, one thing that can't be denied is Thomo needs to step up and earn his massive pay packet.

Last edited:

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Spoke to our major sponsor today. He confirmed the club is looking to move on Luke Thompson at the end of this season. He said we need to because of salary cap pressure with Kikau etc arriving. Still a little bit of bad blood over Thomo's refusal to get vaccinated initially and he was shopped to the Tigers but they failed to offer enough.

So I wouldn't expect any more big signings.

I asked him if he was aware that we were ever serious about Paulo. Not as far as he was aware.

Things will be pretty tight it seems and probably not unexpected especially if we re-sign Vaughan and Dufty.

He mentioned that we signing someone from the Broncos (couldn't remember the name) but there is concern about an issue with his leg. Anyone know who that might be ? Could it be Farnworth ?
So you spoke to WHICH sponsor? Any Particular person? I'm not saying I don't believe you, but shouldn't you name to avoid people speculating?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not sure how "in the loop" Laundy would be so ill just say whatever..

Where is Davey maybe he could tweet Gus and pose the question "Arthur said Thommo is still on the move at the end of the season any truth to this big fella" :laughing:

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Im sure Wayne will be all over Vaughn if he has big first 8 weeks,

Hope we at least fight it as he's a good footy player and we need experience in the team

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
So you spoke to WHICH sponsor? Any Particular person? I'm not saying I don't believe you, but shouldn't you name to avoid people speculating?
Major Sponser is Laundy or sons

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Probably just starting up again because the guest (nrlguru?) on the bloke in the bar podcast brought it up again...

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So we will release our only contracted prop for 2023 for another second rower?
Not just any second rower, the most expensive second rower in the comp.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure how "in the loop" Laundy would be so ill just say whatever..

Where is Davey maybe he could tweet Gus and pose the question "Arthur said Thommo is still on the move at the end of the season any truth to this big fella" :laughing:
Please don't or Arthur might not be so keen to share info in future. Gus couldn't confirm if true. Would make the media and get back to Thomo