Club statement on CHN release

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm included in that and I remain disappointed in what happened. But, the contract tear up scenario is now gone, OK has made it clear he wants to remain at the Dogs, and the powers that be seem to be convinced that he is sufficiently remorseful. Additionally, and perhaps most importantly, the team itself is on record welcoming him back. I'd venture to suggest he will get the sack if he breaks the rules again.

And for anyone who thinks no other team is interested in him, go check out rival fan forums, many of them have fans saying their team should sign OK if the Dogs don't keep him.
Rather keep him than CHN, at least he ACTUALLY wants to be at this club.!! So let’s hope he knuckles down, plays some good footy and doesn’t mess up again.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don't mind Okunbor he's got x factor. Not great in defence. But we need x factor the most. Hopefully he can learn to defend. He's done his time, for something that was a bad look but not illegal.
Knockonbor has no X factor , he’s a dud. He has the XXX factor though , with a schoolgirl.
He is the the cause of the clubs turmoil in this matter, he is the reason we lost a sponsor, his actions are responsible why the clubs name was dragged through the mud yet this dud gets a 2nd chance.
CHN can fuck off , but Knockonbor should have been pushed out the door also.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Knockonbor has no X factor , he’s a dud. He has the XXX factor though , with a schoolgirl.
He is the the cause of the clubs turmoil in this matter, he is the reason we lost a sponsor, his actions are responsible why the clubs name was dragged through the mud yet this dud gets a 2nd chance.
CHN can fuck off , but Knockonbor should have been pushed out the door also.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He’s gone, let’s move on .!!!
That doesn't happen around here. If he goes on and does well at the faiders there will enivitabley be a thread (or several) saying how he "got away" and f*** the club by not doing more to retain him"

tenor.gif

Is TK way

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FUNNY how all the timing worked out to be just perfect for other clubs (the Raiders) but totally against the Dogs.

We were without CHN and Oka for so many games the NRL f..ked our start to the season to the point we couldn't come back. If the appeal hearing decision came just a few weeks later - AFTER the player transfer deadline closed - then both CHN and Oka would have had no choice but to play for the Dogs only - or not play at all this year

The Raiders couldn't have signed CHN on a multi year deal if Cotric had remained with them. The Dogs put no pressure on Cotric to make a decision by a certain date but the Raiders told Cotric they needed to know NOW. So they got confirmation from Cotric with perfect timing to approach CHN - even though they weren't supposed to be making official offers to him while he was contracted to us for another two and a half years ?????????????????????

HOW THE F..K DOES THAT WORK ?

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
We lose an international and retain a fucking nobody, what the fuck? Had to sit through people praising the club when in fact the club did absolutely nothing and then welcomed back the worst offender. Absolute shambles.
This has nothing to do with who is better and who is worse. Both are shit. This is about giving a bunch of kids under contract a second chance. One wants to stay the other doesn't. Big deal. Move on.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with who is better and who is worse. Both are shit. This is about giving a bunch of kids under contract a second chance. One wants to stay the other doesn't. Big deal. Move on.
So I had to sit through ***** on here telling me this was the fucking crime of the century and that the club was so great for sacking them, only to let one of them worm their way back into the club? Yh na.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t blame him one single bit.

we should have stood up for him originally instead we just took every punishment lying down when they were completely over the top.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Out of the two i definitely wanted CHN back.
I cant stand watching Knockonbors stupid defensive reads over and over again and have that stupid look on his face.
Surely Barrett wont put up with that shit!
He can fix his defence. Be good to have him back on the wing, gets our sets started well, strong runner can break tackles and make line breaks. Better option then Montoya holland and crighton that’s for sure

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Why did we offer Okunbor the chance to stay? Club claimed they lost us millions, derailed or season, etc. Yet we're happy to keep the WORST offender? Were people not praising the club for their so called "hard stance" when they were sacked? Yet Okunbor is back?
Keep him in reserves and don't renew his contract is hopefully what's happening here

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
So I had to sit through c*** on here telling me this was the fucking crime of the century and that the club was so great for sacking them, only to let one of them worm their way back into the club? Yh na.
Has to be a commercial decision.
I doubt the club or NRL expected their de-registrations to be overturned and the NRL’s comments reflected that: they were ‘disappointed’. So with the decision the contracts with the Bulldogs were re-instated and valid. With CHN they’ve managed to get the Raiders to take him, his back pay to 1 April and all future payments. Where else would JO go? Yeah he’s not on mega-dollars but in a year when your major benefactor was closed for two months with zero revenue and money is tight you’re hardly going to ‘reward’ him by sacking him now and having to pay him out. So you tell everyone how sorry he is and let him see out his contract, most likely as a member of the top 30 who won’t see first grade unless there’s no other choice. This isn’t really a redemption story to me, it’s about money and not much else. I doubt he’ll be re-signed at the end of 2021.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
If JO is good enough to earn an NRL spot, justify it by his training and attitude, then I believe that he should get picked. He did the crime, he served his time, he's apologised unreservedly, to everyone involved, now he needs to step up and prove that he's worthy. If not then move him on like anyone else who doesn't justify their contract.

Go Dogs

camdendoggies

Waterboy
Reaction score
Just putting it out there but can we just wipe TK of all chn talk ? The guy is an immature bum and I’d rather the doggies just move on and we as supporters talk about others that whilst may not be superstars at least play for the mighty doggies and put in as best they can !!