Other News Source Clint Gutherson - Re signs with Parra till 2022

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it was 2014 and we were just needed a top line replacement for Barba I’d be all for it. Unfortunately our cap situation sucks, we are not in win now mode and Meaney deserves an opportunity to prove he’s the answer to our fullback woes

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Rapana is just a winger and cant do shit without having a decent spine. Isnt worth the money printed on coming to our club. We have other positions more important than a winger
Gutherson at an awesome price would fit in well at Fullback. Better option than Meaney. But gutho isnt worth 700k that's for sure.
Wingers can be just as important as any other spot. Look at semi or ferguson for the eels.

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
All of a sudden he is asking a release for the remainder of his 6 months?

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No for mine I’m loving Meaney at the back we don’t have the cash in ant case

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Overpriced regardless of whatever he's asking.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He dad he to play fullback....that would justify 700k price tag
I understand what you're saying.

I believe, at some stage we are going to have to splash cash to start getting quality in the team - whether or not that's Gutherson is up for argument but we could do a lot worse.

Quality seems to breed quality

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I understand what you're saying.

I believe, at some stage we are going to have to splash cash to start getting quality in the team - whether or not that's Gutherson is up for argument but we could do a lot worse.

Quality seems to breed quality
When we make a big signing i honestly don’t care if we pay massive overs as long as that player is someone that will make a huge impact on the team. I don’t think Gutho is that type of player he’s solid but not worth paying overs for.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
When we make a big signing i honestly don’t care if we pay massive overs as long as that player is someone that will make a huge impact on the team. I don’t think Gutho is that type of player he’s solid but not worth paying overs for.
I agree with you to a point - but at 24, in my opinion, Gutherson's combination of talent, athleticism, size, skill, effort and versatility probably make him worth $700k for us. Replace Holland with Gutherson and that backline looks instantly better.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree with you to a point - but at 24, in my opinion, Gutherson's combination of talent, athleticism, size, skill, effort and versatility probably make him worth $700k for us. Replace Holland with Gutherson and that backline looks instantly better.
He’s injury plagued and hasn’t made a rep team. Why the hell splash cash for a guy like this ?

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I rate him highly. High energy player without the dumb shit like a lot of these types have. Very good positionally and links up well with his outside backs. Hard to pay him lots of monies with his injury history, really needs to get though this season or so without anything major popping up.
I also think Gutho is a gun player
He is very elusive and constantly breaks the first tackle
Don’t worry about the price tag,somebody will pay it no problems
The committee is surely thinking about him

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s injury plagued and hasn’t made a rep team. Why the hell splash cash for a guy like this ?
If he was making rep teams his asking price would be greater. Would you sign Tom Trbojevic despite being injury prone?

Unfortunately, the place we're in at the moment means we are going to have to pay more money then our competitors to attract stars. He has tremendous upside with the only (admittedly big) risk being his ACL.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Clit Gunterson is one of those players that's flashy without being brilliant. That's why he suits Parra so well.

Between Gutho and French you split hairs. Both show ability but are rocks and diamonds.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If he was making rep teams his asking price would be greater. Would you sign Tom Trbojevic despite being injury prone?

Unfortunately, the place we're in at the moment means we are going to have to pay more money then our competitors to attract stars. He has tremendous upside with the only (admittedly big) risk being his ACL.
And you would fork that out on a guy who hasn’t made a rep side with major injury concerns in our current environment? Gutherson isn’t in Tommy T’s class and if Tommy came with Jake of course you would.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
And you would fork that out on a guy who hasn’t made a rep side with major injury concerns in our current environment? Gutherson isn’t in Tommy T’s class and if Tommy came with Jake of course you would.
The current environment, meaning Foran and his contract is the only thing that would make me hesitate about Gutherson on 700k.

T.Trbojevic is on a different level, you're right but would command $1 mil a season on the open market. $700k for someone not likely to play rep footy (due to depth ahead of him, not skill) and all the risks that go along with it sounds good to me.

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
700k for Clitoris?

Better throwing that sort of money at the likes of Latrell Mitchell or Joseph Manu

More chances of snagging Staggs and Xerri for 350k each

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The current environment, meaning Foran and his contract is the only thing that would make me hesitate about Gutherson on 700k.

T.Trbojevic is on a different level, you're right but would command $1 mil a season on the open market. $700k for someone not likely to play rep footy (due to depth ahead of him, not skill) and all the risks that go along with it sounds good to me.
Gutters on will go to rabbits.....is that why he has asked for an immediate release..

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
700k for Clitoris?

Better throwing that sort of money at the likes of Latrell Mitchell or Joseph Manu

More chances of snagging Staggs and Xerri for 350k each
You won't drag Latrell away from the Roosters for 700k.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Clit Gunterson is one of those players that's flashy without being brilliant. That's why he suits Parra so well.

Between Gutho and French you split hairs. Both show ability but are rocks and diamonds.
Not even close.