Clint Gutherson has been informed by the Eels that they are ringing around for a fullback

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol. Gutherson may not be super fast but he's a really intelligent footballer. He can pass, kick and back up through the middle.

This reminds me of when we didn't want Ennis. Everyone wanted a quick dummy half like Issac Luke to take advantage of our massive go forward but didn't realize how important were Ennis's vision and crisp passing from the ruck and more importantly his leadership.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At the end of 2021 Gutherson signed a contract extension with the Eels until the end of the 2025 season on a deal worth in excess of $850,000 per season.

While Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is contract to New Zealand Rugby for the rest of this year, he remains a free agent for next season.

The Herald has learned that Tuivasa-Sheck’s preference is to play Japanese rugby union if he doesn’t sign an extension with the NZR.

The Warriors have been told of Tuivasa-Sheck’s preference after indicating to their former skipper that they could accommodate his return to the club in 2024.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here.
This is a player we should go for.
He makes things happen. He never looks the most atheistic but time and time again he sparks something form nothing .
Maybe we get the eels to pitch in a little sumpin to the fee?
Or do a player swap with averillo

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I hate the bloke. But Gutho has single handedly kept the eels alive this year. Without him they’d be 0-4. He’s been impressive. They’ll probably move him to centre and get rid of Blake. But who’s available to sign?

Laughable that they also just re-signed him for big money.
I’d say if we don’t make a move, he ends up at the tigers or the St George illawarras.

If pomgs is forced into medical retirement (off chance) I’ll say the knights will also go super hard for him.
Can’t see where else he would be.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eels might try and get Hayze Perham back next year.

Hope we have Papalii and Blake Wilson signed up.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Now we know why Daine Laurie was getting advice from Gould
Blake will surely get cut. Wonder where he ends up

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Roosters probably don't want to spend any more time/money on Sualli now he is leaving.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
dumb decision from parra not many fullbacks better than gutho atm available
Yep can’t stand the cahunt, but he gives 100% & competes for everything.
There are more gifted FB’s, but very few who give as much for their team…even if they are scum!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Eels moves in recent years bewilder me. Its like they want to go worse

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like Barrett has gotten into Arthur's ear; he was the one that cut Gutho loose from Manly after all

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sounds like Barrett has gotten into Arthur's ear; he was the one that cut Gutho loose from Manly after all
Next minute, "Matt Dufty to make his return to NRL; inks 5 year deal with Parramatta."

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Can’t believe it’s not butter

‘seriously though Parra are fucking retarded to get rid of him