Official Ciraldo's Presser

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If you catch it, you don't need to defend. So if you had someone that could catch - we good. And expecting a guy who you took out of the backs because he cannot catch and put him in the forwards to catch a ball is just plain queenslander stupid.
I can’t explain this to a NSWelshman, it’s above your pay grade and beyond my capabilities.

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I can’t explain this to a NSWelshman, it above your pay grade and beyond my capabilities.
But I’m the one who suggested it…so you owe me another XXXX (can’t believe I just said that :-)).

I just reckon unless the game is down to the wire and the clock running low go long. We’ve conceded a number of tries this year with the short drop-out gone wrong and that can lead to more than just dropping 4 or 6 points, it can turn the course of a game.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
But I’m the one who suggested it…so you owe me another XXXX (can’t believe I just said that :-)).

I just reckon unless the game is down to the wire and the clock running low go long. We’ve conceded a number of tries this year with the short drop-out gone wrong and that can lead to more than just dropping 4 or 6 points, it can turn the course of a game.
Mate I am a Queenslander but I am not spending my hard earned on XXXX….

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
@DinkumDog and @maroondog72 - I expect a level of dolt from Qlders but DD - really?

So we kick long. Where do you think the ball is a tackle later? Same place. At least going short there's a chance of getting the ball back.

Reckon there was a short dropout on the weekend where Knockonbur was all alone under it. And whats does 'she was only 19' do? Tries to knock it back rather than catch the thing.

Cannot coach stupidity.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm one of them and you would be if you knew as much about the game as you pretend to.

Two years ago we had a reserve grade side with hardly a player in it worth hanging on to. Now we have a very young team that will keep getting better, a whole heap of exciting young players in the lower grades (is there a better prospect in all of football than Joash Papali'l?). We have money in the cap and we are a couple of forwards short of a top four team.
Nice try.

Great example with Joash too lol, he’s been with us since 2019. Thanking the current regime for him are we?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
@DinkumDog and @maroondog72 - I expect a level of dolt from Qlders but DD - really?

So we kick long. Where do you think the ball is a tackle later? Same place. At least going short there's a chance of getting the ball back.
Yes really. What’s our success rate with the short drop out this year? I don’t know but I’d tip south of 50%.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Yes really. What’s our success rate with the short drop out this year? I don’t know but I’d tip south of 50%.
and I'd tip more if we got some other idiot other than Knockonbur to catch it. And really, its only saving us 1 or 2 tackles in the red zone anyways. So the issue is Knockonbur, not the strategy. Funny how many things comeback to Knockonbur....

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Reckon there was a short dropout on the weekend where Knockonbur was all alone under it. And whats does 'she was only 19' do? Tries to knock it back rather than catch the thing.

Cannot coach stupidity.
Mate did you ever watch knockonmor play on the wing? Expecting him to catch anything is the definition of stupidity, Go long set your defence and defend the set from the 30, not miss the jump and try and defend your try line with a disrupted defensive line, The best defensive sides fail at this and you expect a side that’s missing 50 plus tackles a week to pull it off? And I am a Dolt? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
and I'd tip more if we got some other idiot other than Knockonbur to catch it. And really, its only saving us 1 or 2 tackles in the red zone anyways. So the issue is Knockonbur, not the strategy. Funny how many things comeback to Knockonbur....
So why him? Because he’s tall? Any height advantage is undone with him having cymbals for hands. So find someone who can actually catch it more often than not or go long. The other message going short sends to the opposition is we’re either gassed or don’t have confidence in our defence. Not rocket science.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Mate did you ever watch knockonmor play on the wing? Expecting him to catch anything is the definition of stupidity, Go long set your defence and defend the set from the 30, not miss the jump and try and defend your try line with a disrupted defensive line, The best defensive sides fail at this and you expect a side that’s missing 50 plus tackles a week to pull it off? And I am a Dolt? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Don't look at me. Not like it was my decision to get Mr. Education to be the guy under it. Strategy is right - just get someone else to fckng catch it. And what disrupted defensive line? They only moved 5m at best and are already spread. And thats irrelevant. U know we have no defence right?

May as well try and get the ball back.

Thats a rhetorical question right?

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
So why him? Because he’s tall? Any height advantage is undone with him having cymbals for hands. So find someone who can actually catch it more often than not or go long. The other message going short sends to the opposition is we’re either gassed or don’t have confidence in our defence. Not rocket science.
Exactly. Good strategy. The idiot that thinks Dropsies is the right guy to catch it is the problem.

We don't need to send a message to the other team about our defence, they watch tele I'd imagine.

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes, he can win you a game but more often than not he could lose it for you as well.
Well TPJ struggles to cope with responsibility of having expectation of being a forward gun and constantly over plays his hand. Feels he needs to get the miracle off load each time he touches it no matter what is our game position. Stupid, but that’s what we saw in SoO1. Just didn’t cope.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Exactly. Good strategy. The idiot that thinks Dropsies is the right guy to catch it is the problem.

We don't need to send a message to the other team about our defence, they watch tele I'd imagine.
Agree to disagree. However long our defence remains ordinary it’s a risk - doubly so when you don’t have a reliable set of hands to nab the short drop out.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Too many fans happy with low expectations and having a losers mentality (accepting it and making excuses for it). If we're not competing for a premiership it isn't good enough. End of. We've already waited 6 years and we're still not much better off. Also when we aren't cellar dwellers anymore there will still be criticism regardless if we're a team competing in or around the 8 or competing for a premiership. You should always be aiming higher. This is the mentality of all top teams.
We should realise it's easy to fall down but harder to get up, realistically I believe no mater what our team is made up of we should always be aiming to win the premiership it doesn't mean we will win but any aim below it is a negative and loosing mentality.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nice try.

Great example with Joash too lol, he’s been with us since 2019. Thanking the current regime for him are we?
Joash is a local junior - what has that got to do with anything? He came to mind because he was in the U-19 Origin match on Thursday night. If I'd known a mention of Papali'i was going to offend you, I would have mentioned our other representative from the match, Damon Marshall, a Townsville junior brought to the club by Gus.

There was a time when I wondered if you were a @Flanagun burner account. You parrot a lot of the 'Gun's talking points but you are not as smart as he is. If I had questioned the 'Gun's footy knowledge, he would have come up with a better response.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joash is a local junior - what has that got to do with anything? He came to mind because he was in the U-19 Origin match on Thursday night. If I'd known a mention of Papali'i was going to offend you, I would have mentioned our other representative from the match, Damon Marshall, a Townsville junior brought to the club by Gus.

There was a time when I wondered if you were a @Flanagun burner account. You parrot a lot of the 'Gun's talking points but you are not as smart as he is. If I had questioned the 'Gun's footy knowledge, he would have come up with a better response.
Well done to you for finally working out I ain’t @Flanagun
There’s plenty of others who are yet to figure that out.

I don’t need to waste my time on someone who’s central defence of Gusses work is ‘Joash Papalii’ lol

Good on you again for at least going back and doing some proper research and providing a more relevant example. Bravo