Opinion Ciraldo's poor Judgement

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Texting underage girls to hook up while away on club duty is about stupid as it gets and who are you my accountant?how would you know how much I make you pleb?
She wasn’t underaged.
Proof, was he charged? No.

Always a Bulldog

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
CC was busy guiding Panthers to another premiership last year, so didn't notice how well Averillo went at FB under Potter.
He couldn't have Potter tell him where to play players so had to "mix it up a bit" to move players to positions they had failed before, just so he could move them out of those failed positions later and thereby prove himself a good coach.
My highlight from the article was Jake telling us CC is a really good defensive coach, I mean he came from Penrith, where he supposedly helped develop their system, so he must be good.
Is a good defensive coach someone who develops systems, or one that can implement them and get the players to buy in, because our defensive reads when teams are coming at us, and our inability to legally slow down the play the ball has seen us concede more points than any other team. Doesn't sound that impressive to me.
But alas, never let the facts stand in the way of a good story, eh Jake. Our D has gone backwards since Pay left.
Oh fark off! Ciraldo is teaching then to stay connected in defence (have a listen to Gould’s podcast), if they can’t that’s not on him, it’s on the players.

Always a Bulldog

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh fark off! Ciraldo is teaching then to stay connected in defence (have a listen to Gould’s podcast), if they can’t that’s not on him, it’s on the players.

Always a Bulldog
Fark off. The proof of the pie is in the pudding. Staying connected to let in more tries. Were a young team. We are building. We had covid. It's not our fault.
Fact of the matter is that the chief brainstormer behind Penriths structure was Webster.
He and Gould never got along.
Gould recommended Maguire to Warriors. They interviewed Webster and the rest is history.
Gould got his man CC to Belmore.
Thus far CC has proven out of his depth.
Interesting on Jammers pre season podcast, he interviewed CC.
CC was telling him how he and Fitzy, Cronulla coach are good mates, and bounce defensive ideas off each other. They are both switched on defensive gurus. Just ask them. Cronullas defensive slide this year mirrors ours. Coincidence? Or the fact both teams have fielded packs of light weight forwards this season could be behind this slide. Maybe best if they stop talking to each other.
In any event, looking at us and Warriors, I know who got the best Penrith assistant coach. The proof is in that pudding.
Looking forward to more staying connected in defence.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fark off. The proof of the pie is in the pudding. Staying connected to let in more tries. Were a young team. We are building. We had covid. It's not our fault.
Fact of the matter is that the chief brainstormer behind Penriths structure was Webster.
Gould recommended Maguire to Warriors. They interviewed Webster and the rest is history.
CC was telling him how he and Fitzy, Cronulla coach are good mates, and bounce defensive ideas off each other. They are both switched on defensive gurus. Just ask them. Cronullas defensive slide this year mirrors ours. Coincidence? Or the fact both teams have fielded packs of light weight forwards this season could be behind this slide. Maybe best if they stop talking to each other.
In any event, looking at us and Warriors, I know who got the best Penrith assistant coach. The proof is in that pudding.
Push the rewind button and slot Ciraldo into the Warriors squad and Webster into our squad and you’d be saying Gould should of gone for Ciraldo …

All these blokes can coach, they just need the right cattle .. Webster inherited a club that had a big powerful experienced squad with a top 7 to direct it around the park, he just had to get them playing together and wanting to win more … Tod Payton had them playing similar before he moved onto the Cowboys …

Ciraldo inherited a shit squad with a shit 7 to direct it and the good players he did have fell to injuries …

The only difference in both coaches is the players they have available to them ..

In the long run Ciraldo will come out on top because he has Gould building him a production line of young talent that’ll serve him for years ….

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Push the rewind button and slot Ciraldo into the Warriors squad and Webster into our squad and you’d be saying Gould should of gone for Ciraldo …

All these blokes can coach, they just need the right cattle .. Webster inherited a club that had a big powerful experienced squad with a top 7 to direct it around the park, he just had to get them playing together and wanting to win more … Tod Payton had them playing similar before he moved onto the Cowboys …

Ciraldo inherited a shit squad with a shit 7 to direct it and the good players he did have fell to injuries …

The only difference in both coaches is the players they have available to them ..

In the long run Ciraldo will come out on top because he has Gould building him a production line of young talent that’ll serve him for years ….
And arguably the 2nd best prop in the game. The only thing second best is our attack... if we lived in opposite land.

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah and I bet you’d think that we’d be in the same position if we had AFB, Johnson, CNK, Harris. Their centre pairing are both big, fast and strong and defensively very good as apposed to Alomoti, Averillo, Kiraz(winger), Burns or any other centre we have tried.

How did master coach Bennett go in his first season coaching the Knights with a far superior squad? Buderus, Tahu, Gidley, Gagai, Snowden heck even Big Willie Mason. They finished 12th so does mean Bennett is a dud and an assistant???

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yet again, averillo makes the jump to fullback late in the season and plays well without a pre season at the back... what does that tell us about cc and his ability to choose the right positions and his judgement , i mean who the fuck chooses a glorified reserve grader in perham over averillo.. it boggles my mind
@TheSexDogs has always been right about averillo.. just when he starts to consistently show his ability, hes leaving because of poor judgement from our coaches
He didnt know perham would flop, but also averillo had been fb previously and was underwhelming there. Hes doing a jmk, was average until he signed elsewhere

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

1967 I'm not disagreeing with anything you are saying but as you correctly state.... "Ciraldo inherited a shit squad with a shit 7 to direct it and the good players he did have fell to injuries" …
Ciraldo being an untried and inexperienced head coach, is he the right man for the job this year? Would we have been better sticking with Potter for another year and once we get the cattle then sign Ciraldo or someone else? I'm sure Ciraldo will be a good coach, his knowledge for the game is too good not to be but under the current circumstances for such an inexperienced coach like I said i dont think he is equipped for the job at hand this year and it shows, nor does he deserve to start his first year with the shit squad we have.
I just think he has come here one year too early giving us false expectations. No fault of Ciraldo and I know Gould said to him is he sure he wants to come this year but I think it was the wrong call imo.

Last edited:

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1967 I'm not disagreeing with anything you are saying but as you correctly state.... "Ciraldo inherited a shit squad with a shit 7 to direct it and the good players he did have fell to injuries" …
Ciraldo being an untried and inexperienced head coach, is he the right man for the job this year? Would we have been better sticking with Potter for another year and once we get the cattle then sign Ciraldo or someone else? I'm sure Ciraldo will be a good coach, his knowledge for the game is too good not to be but under the current circumstances for such an inexperienced coach like I said i dont think he is equipped for the job at hand this year and it shows, nor does he deserve to start his first year with the shit squad we have.
I just think he has come here one year too early giving us false expectations. No fault of Ciraldo and I know Gould said to him is he sure he wants to come this year but I think it was the wrong call imo.
All good points mate, Gould thought Ciraldo was the man for the job, if he’d waited till further into the rebuild to sign him CC might have been snapped up by Saints, Titans or another club, the story is Gould didn’t sugar coat it and wanted him to sign for 24 anyway, but CC wanted to get stuck in and be a part of the rebuild …

I’d agree, that the situation the club currently finds itself in, the jobs probably to big for him being he’s a rookie, if he didn’t have the experience of Gould mentoring him, but he does and that’ll be the making of him.

I stand by my comment that all these blokes can coach but they need the right cattle, someone mentioned if we had AFB, Johnson, their big centres, CNK and a few of the other guys they have, CC would be killing it, and he’s right, look at how those blokes are making Montoya and DWZ look like superstars … they were average with us …

Best example is Maguire, premiership winning coach with Souths & Coach of NZ’s international side, couldn’t do a thing with the Tigers because he didn’t have the right cattle ….

There’s a reason Gould signed CC to 5 years … because both knew it would take that long to clean up the cap and build the right winning team .. thats tougher at the moment with the way the player market is so a lot of focus is on producing our own.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You get in front of the ball runner and force him into a decision. Instead he just tackles the air
Drinkwater did the same thing on the weekend
They all do it

Son Of Dogzilla

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Perham was a failed experiment at fb, as was Avo in the centres. The change should have been made earlier. Would we have won more games ? No. The problem this year has been lack of adequate forward depth, to replace the injured.
How did Avo fail in the centres?

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What an absolute load of shit.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stop talking so much sense and dropping truth bombs. Doesn’t go down well in these parts