Opinion Ciraldo's poor Judgement

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not disputing it’s important in that position but the issue is they clearly didn’t consider that Perham defensive positioning and general awareness of a pathetic so that makes his loudness detrimental. Fucken shit house under the high ball. Doesn’t have a pass. Crabs sideways and never a threat with ball under his wing

What exactly is your point
Point was they tried perham at fullback and Averillo had to play centre.
Perham flopped at fullback now Averillo took his place, get over it no need to make a thread about the coach every week.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Choosing the reserve grader Perham and sticking with him for 19 odd weeks “because he’s more vocal” was foolish. Would we have won more games with Avo at fullback? Yes.
Would we be a top 8 team? Fuck no. Our defence as a team is atrocious
Perham was a failed experiment at fb, as was Avo in the centres. The change should have been made earlier. Would we have won more games ? No. The problem this year has been lack of adequate forward depth, to replace the injured.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put your money where your mouth is.,
I'll take up the bet, DM me.
Yeah- I’ve offered a few substantial bets on here. Put it out on the kennel when the dopiest of the dope’s backed Lichaa and said he’d even play origin. (It’s embarrassing these guy’s support the same club as me)
Guess what? All piss ants filled with hot wind not wanting anything to do with it.

Also threw one out there about Meaney playing first grade and Manly finishing above us when they signed Foran. Guess what, gutless shit talkers again. Not insinuating the poster (forgot his name is) but should definitely be prepared to take the bet like a man. Let the kennel know if he man’s up.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Point was they tried perham at fullback and Averillo had to play centre.
Perham flopped at fullback now Averillo took his place, get over it no need to make a thread about the coach every week.
So ur just further highlighting the failure and wasting everyone’s time

And I didn’t make the thread

Sloth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I swear, most of you were calling for Avo to fuck off to another team over the last few years. Now you’re frothing over him like he’s the messiah of the team :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Avo will disappear in games like he always does and he’ll be a superstar in reserve grade for Redcliffe

Buzz must have a few burner accounts on this forum

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yet again, averillo makes the jump to fullback late in the season and plays well without a pre season at the back... what does that tell us about cc and his ability to choose the right positions and his judgement , i mean who the fuck chooses a glorified reserve grader in perham over averillo.. it boggles my mind
@TheSexDogs has always been right about averillo.. just when he starts to consistently show his ability, hes leaving because of poor judgement from our coaches
Hit the nail on the head with this one.
Black mark against CC for picking Perham over him in the first place and a double black mark for persisting with it for 3/4 of a season.

He lost the confidence of many fans with the persistence, and it may cost him dearly if the team does not improve next year and he is asking for some patience from fans and directors.....

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I was an advocate for Wilson to get a go at fullback when Perham wasn’t working out, but I’m starting to think perhaps he isn’t vocal enough as well.

Perhaps that is why they had Papalii go back a grade, to become more confident and vocal at the back as they want a fullback who has this quality along with good defense and attack.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yet again, averillo makes the jump to fullback late in the season and plays well without a pre season at the back... what does that tell us about cc and his ability to choose the right positions and his judgement , i mean who the fuck chooses a glorified reserve grader in perham over averillo.. it boggles my mind
@TheSexDogs has always been right about averillo.. just when he starts to consistently show his ability, hes leaving because of poor judgement from our coaches
Start making a list of the gun juniors, we will lose

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hit the nail on the head with this one.
Black mark against CC for picking Perham over him in the first place and a double black mark for persisting with it for 3/4 of a season.

He lost the confidence of many fans with the persistence, and it may cost him dearly if the team does not improve next year and he is asking for some patience from fans and directors.....
Has he lost the confidence of many though? Most people who understand the game realise,we didn't have a top 4 side to begin with. And having so many players out crueld any chance of us being competitive

Malla

Reaction score
I think there have been a number of poor decisions this year - hopefully the club and in particular CC learns from them -

- the Reynolds wasting of a top 30 spot instead of a forward
- playing Oloapu when he wasnt ready for fg
- extending RFM contract
- playing Oloapu when he was injured - hasnt played since in any grade
- Okunbor
- non football related feel good soft culture nonsense
Its easy to look back in hindsight and call it poor judgement

I am sure he will have plenty of other 'poor judgement' decisions he will make in the future

The only one that does my head in is signing Reynolds. However I can understand the predicament they were in at the beginning of the year.

Okunbor has tried hard, he's given him every opportunity to succeed. Just not up to tit.

Oloapu no issues with.

Culture stuff happens at every club now.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Taafe had better hands than Averillo and can play as a 2nd 6. He also seems to have a crack each game. Averillo has lethal pace and I like him as a player but he can’t defend and he goes missing
Yup, very happy with the Taafe signing, he goes hard every game and rips in for his team. Someone we need.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yup, very happy with the Taafe signing, he goes hard every game and rips in for his team. Someone we need.
Truth be known, that's why Wilson keeps getting picked in before Skelton. Skelton is more dynamic,Wilson is more consistent at this stage.

hoody06

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mate Wayne Bennett gets things wrong. You can't be Nostradamus. CC is young and still learning, he will be better for this season and push us to better things next. As for Averillo, it's done, good luck to the kid, he's no representative player. Taffe and Critta will battle it out.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its easy to look back in hindsight and call it poor judgement

I am sure he will have plenty of other 'poor judgement' decisions he will make in the future

The only one that does my head in is signing Reynolds. However I can understand the predicament they were in at the beginning of the year.

Okunbor has tried hard, he's given him every opportunity to succeed. Just not up to tit.

Oloapu no issues with.

Culture stuff happens at every club now.
Agree re all easy in hindsight - key is to learn from it -

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Averillo seems like a good kid. He tries hard every game, but he has a lot of deficiencies.
His best asset is his speed. Perham was played at fullback because the coach wanted to try Averillo as a centre.
He was less than inspiring as a centre, but Perham was even more so as a fullback.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate Wayne Bennett gets things wrong. You can't be Nostradamus. CC is young and still learning, he will be better for this season and push us to better things next. As for Averillo, it's done, good luck to the kid, he's no representative player. Taffe and Critta will battle it out.
100% this. Wilson may also be a possibility at fb

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Averillo didn’t come back the same player after covid, it took him a while to get back to the form we know he’s capable of… with that in mind, it made sense imo to put him into the centres and try Perham at 1 since he’s a noted talker at the back, important in that position. In hindsight, as time wore on, it was apparent Perham wasn’t the answer and by that time it was too late, Avo looked like Teddy in comparison and had already made a lucrative deal with the Dolphins.

He’s never going to be a Turbo, Trell, Walsh or Teddy so at least that’s some comfort, but I’d say it’s probably one they may have re-considered if they had time on their side.

I think after securing Sexton whose proven to be an astute purchase, the next play was a marquee middle - if that’s the sacrifice needed, I’ll back it, but if they fail to secure a high caliber middle, the may rue the gamble to some extent. See how it plays out.