Ciraldo to appoint leadership group.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Don’t you think a new player should earn his stripes at a club? Especially one with no history as a captain. If he has established himself as the leader in these few short weeks then he deserves the role. Pretty rare to do that so quickly I reckon.
In the perfect world, for sure - I don't think there's anyone at the club who has earned their stripes though.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
In the perfect world, for sure - I don't think there's anyone at the club who has earned their stripes though.
Maximus King

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Anyone but Luke Thompson or Kyle of course. Most undeserved thing i’ve seen

Sloth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Seems another dart board article for the bulldogs

I know Gus doesn’t select the captain but for years he has ripped into the multiple captain thing especially big groups. I don’t think we’ll have multiple captains

181BD2D5-9811-41D5-AE5A-4D5ABC0D2542.jpeg

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Interesting move. Gus has always been pretty vocal about hating leadership groups.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
which is why he is picking a Leadership group at this stage. Smart by ciraldo

anyway Mahoney is. Bulldog junior
I’m not anti Mahoney at all. New player captains are usually experienced captains only. Hard to come into a group and lead from the start. Never a fan of leadership groups. Strong teams have a strong by leader. If that’s Mahoney, then name him. This under 7’s everyone gets a chance to lead the team and talk to the ref shit is soft. Co captains are okay. Anything more is a mistake IMO

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
pretty vocal about hating leadership groups
He seems to have a distaste for multi-captains (as do I and pretty much everyone else who ain't the Tigers).
As has been pointed out by others already, a leadership group is something entirely different. Not a new thing, even for the Dogs, but something we've probably been lacking throughout our lean patch (it fell mostly on Jackson alone).

My preference is Burton (it's his team, just give it to him already), with enthusiasm and self-belief inputs via telepathic link from the left wing, and Kikau over his shoulder for emphasis and enforcement for those that don't believe this is Burton's team (so, listen up).

Too young? He'll grow out of it.

Mahoney will still be chief engineer and in charge of the go-forward, but Burton will be calling the shots from the driver's seat.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We need those 3 to come to a few training sessions and then back to Dynasty :grinning:
That is a good idea that often works, but not always. Hopefully if we play better we won’t get those guys the opportunity to negatively influence our games. I would like to think that all referees are fundamentally fair dinkum, but my experiences on both sides of the fence would indicate otherwise.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't like Prop Captains personally
It has become more difficult for a prop to be captain. The likes of Steve Price and James Graham who could play 60+ minutes are not around anymore.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Don't mind this. There isn't a player who can step straight into Jacko's boots in terms of his leadership on and off the field. RFM comes the closest, but he is injury prone and might be coming off the bench for 30 minutes maximum. So let's make him the captain off the field, he'll do a great job. On the field, Mahoney and Burton are the long term signed strategists, charged with running the on field operations, so they make sense as Captains. How they will manage the one role shared together, dunno, but they are supposed to be working out a bunch of stuff they are doing on the field together, so surely they can figure out how they will do this.