Ciraldo to appoint leadership group.

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Interesting he has gone this way I don't mind leadership groups but a maximum of 3 preferably 2 in my opinion. I'm thinking hes going Fox,Mahoney and burto or maybe RFM/King.

Thoughts?

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s a great call at this stage, we don’t have a stand out captain.
King has not cemented his starting spot
Fox is a winger
Mahoney hasn’t played for us in first grade
Burton is still to quite
And I’m not sure if Thompson will be here next year

I think a leadership group is perfect for this year and then maybe halfway through the year pick our captain or

wait for it

Offer it to Mitch Moses for 2024.
Calm down haters!

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know he is a winger. But one of the few who can demand respect on and off the field, someone who can demand a higher performance is JAC. You can’t win origins, finals and world cups, be the best player in your position and be one of the hardest trainers in the team and the comp and not be in the running.

I would have been comfortable with Jac as captain and burto as vice captain. Rather then 3, 4, 5 captains like tigers and parra do/have done.

Thommo can’t be a captain because I can’t see him here in the next 5 years when we are building towards a gf. Mahoney, I don’t like giving it out to someone who just arrived. Maybe next year he can be in the leadership group. But if he leapfrogs other longer serving players I don’t rate it. I’m sure Gus and ciraldo view it differently and I’m just a niff nuff but there should be a pecking order.

The way I see it if you give it to Reed then you have to give it to burto, Jac, Kikau as well. Which doesn’t really show leadership.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
And I’m not sure if Thompson will be here next year
Thommo can’t be a captain because I can’t see him here in the next 5 years when we are building towards a gf.
Irrelevant, the captain is for this year not next year, who the fark knows what is going to happen next year. Maybe Thompson will re-sign, or Burton will be ready, or Mahony having been here for a year will have earned it, no one knows. CC will pick the captain for this season, full stop.

Always a Bulldog

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This should lead to a few rock, paper, scissors moments.

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know he is a winger. But one of the few who can demand respect on and off the field, someone who can demand a higher performance is JAC. You can’t win origins, finals and world cups, be the best player in your position and be one of the hardest trainers in the team and the comp and not be in the running.

I would have been comfortable with Jac as captain and burto as vice captain. Rather then 3, 4, 5 captains like tigers and parra do/have done.

Thommo can’t be a captain because I can’t see him here in the next 5 years when we are building towards a gf. Mahoney, I don’t like giving it out to someone who just arrived. Maybe next year he can be in the leadership group. But if he leapfrogs other longer serving players I don’t rate it. I’m sure Gus and ciraldo view it differently and I’m just a niff nuff but there should be a pecking order.

The way I see it if you give it to Reed then you have to give it to burto, Jac, Kikau as well. Which doesn’t really show leadership.
two things.
- There is nithign wrong with Thommo and Gould and potter made him a co leader last year so they had an inkling. Thompson’s problem is just his salary. And not many teams remain the same 5 year in the future Uleh.
- You are just basing your fox for captain comments on the basis he is a good player. But take away the talent thing why the hell would u want him? He goofs off alot and had some behavioural issues.
He’s also a weirdo.
Muttering to himself on the wing ‘I’m freaky styley, the fox is freaky styley’ is not captain stuff

Last edited:

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I'm a traditionalist, Captain and VC for me. It's natural that there would be a leadership/pecking order type group anyways. That said I'm not there and maybe it's not clear just yet to make a firm decision as you don't want it changing like the weather. Fox is inspirational on and off the field and should be there abouts IMO, maybe VC.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few of us already said this months ago.
Nothing really new
We know who the ones in contention are and I said from day 1 Reed Mahoney is captain material every day of the week and twice on the weekends
Yeah, it made sense and with the most obvious choices for a long-term captain either too young or just joining the club gives another year to decide on a permanent captain. Don't forget the Panthers had Cleary and Yeo sharing the captaincy too.