Ciraldo set to spring fullback selection shock to open Bulldogs’ season

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've actually heard that the backs are training in various roles. So until I see our round 1 line up this is pure guesswork. At the end of the day, no matter if I think someone has done well, if they are outplayed by someone else, I don't care if they're dropped.

Haven't seen much of Perham. But Averillo has been prone to doing good things until he gets smashed in a tackle, then goes missing. Hopefully with a better looking roster some additional confidence will break him out of that.

But really I just want to see our dogs competing in every game.
Well said Alan, conflict of opinions will always be there but you know what TK is like, we are never happy :laughing:
Gus has said players have been training in various positions and that's normal, but what is deferent this time is the fact SMH ( pro Gus ) released the story...So who knows ?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How about "PURPLE"???

Although that would suit him better if he was at the Storm.
You know what I also thought of and me being in WA I guess the gayfl team the Dockers have some sort of purple haze shit going on :tearsofjoy:

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hayze kinda reminds me of Willie Tonga. Hope Parra are dudded again lol.
His reaction time and his step indeed... bloke has all the skill just needs the right coaching. Brad Arthur is good at getting the best out of players but I mean Hayze only featured a handful of times for the Eels. Here's hoping!

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
His reaction time and his step indeed... bloke has all the skill just needs the right coaching. Brad Arthur is good at getting the best out of players but I mean Hayze only featured a handful of times for the Eels. Here's hoping!
arthur favoured his rouse hill boys

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whatever makes us better. I was hoping Avo would come good this year but it’s just hope. Perham probably is a better fullback. Avo’s not a bad squad player at least.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Jacob Kiraz and Jayden Okunbor will likely battle out for the right to partner Josh Addo-Carr on the wing."
A bit of a no-brainer there...

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've actually heard that the backs are training in various roles. So until I see our round 1 line up this is pure guesswork. At the end of the day, no matter if I think someone has done well, if they are outplayed by someone else, I don't care if they're dropped.

Haven't seen much of Perham. But Averillo has been prone to doing good things until he gets smashed in a tackle, then goes missing. Hopefully with a better looking roster some additional confidence will break him out of that.

But really I just want to see our dogs competing in every game.
Still a way to go before the season begins. Anything could change by then. But at least we know we have 2 players pushing eachother to win the role of fullback, a position we definitely need quality in! I trust Ciraldo to make the right call. May the best player win!!!

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Averillo has never convinced me that he is worth persisting with anywhere he has played.

Plays like he is scared of contact/lacks confidence.

Always has an expression on his face like someone just fucked his girlfriend.

I hope for the best for all Bulldogs players and would keep him in reserves on minimum to hope he grows a set of nuts but that is unlikely.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Can’t judge perham. Though averilo has me baffled too. Said for a while he’s on path of the next mbye. Minus making origin or talking his way into a huge contract.

Tried every position but never been good in one for us. Moments you think he could go on. Then he drops bombs or cats contact or just makes you think he’s not up to it. Then you see him do something pretty good. My doubt isn’t in his talent it’s his heart and determination. If he’s losing to perham at fullback then I say cc and Gus see exactly that too.

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can’t judge perham. Though averilo has me baffled too. Said for a while he’s on path of the next mbye. Minus making origin or talking his way into a huge contract.

Tried every position but never been good in one for us. Moments you think he could go on. Then he drops bombs or cats contact or just makes you think he’s not up to it. Then you see him do something pretty good. My doubt isn’t in his talent it’s his heart and determination. If he’s losing to perham at fullback then I say cc and Gus see exactly that too.
He has moments but no consistency and definitely shies away from contact.

I can’t see him holding down a regular spot going forward. I hope I’m wrong but if he really doesn’t step up this year then I would cut him and give the next guy in line with potential the top 30 spot.