Opinion Ciraldo is a genius

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I know we had some decent wins last year but that performance yesterday is the most bulldog like performance ive seen in about 6 years. Regardless of what happens this week and even if we just miss the 8, which is possible considering this injury crisis, this year was about seeing progression and thats exactly what im seeing, resilience, determination, sprinkled with class at times from our big guns. This clubs on its way up, the next few weeks will be tough with injuries but dont lose hope, somethings building at this club and when we get players back, we ll see it in full effect, Ciro has built this, loved him so far.
That win was unreal. Bloke breaks his fkn arm and keeps playing, another bloke goes blind and goes back on, and another breaks his fingers apart then scores a try, and then they win from a field goal kicked from a mile out. Unbelievable

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bloody disrespectful to a bloke a few games into coaching this side, But our last 4 performances have put that rubbish to bed I hope.
A lot on here just can't help themselves. You can tell from the moment Ciro walked into our club he wasn't a smooth shit talker like Barrett. I love Ciro, so bloody damn hard to find a coach like him. He's got the boys playing for each other and working hard for each other and it feels like he's been a FG coach for years. I know it's still early into his FG coaching career and he will have ups and downs but no way in hell will he have a win record of 17% like Barrett. He's just a calm, positive person and it reflects on the players.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The possible doubts about Ciro are looking like they are unfounded.

That actually happened bc of all the usual hype re fitness, new resolve, bonding, this year will be diifferent etc that we have been fed for the past several mserable years of pre-seasons and long unsuccessful seasons of utter tripe.

That ingrained rubbish seemed to have been a rinse and repeat with the Manly loss.

Since then the team bonding and resolve have in fact been evident and the coach looks a winner and has the team gelling.

There's been some seemingly odd selections and bench rotation decisions but its clear that Cam is going to be a great head coach and just the guy we need to set the standards and successful future. It's fair to say he has gained the respect he deserves.

That is to say that there will no doubt still be the usual TK ruckus over team selections, game plans, whinging, dumb players etc to keep us all on our toes lol.

If we look like dead beats against Scabbits then expect the worst on here until we become consistent winners tho.

Last edited:

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The genius in him was injecting Reynolds, a ball of energy, into the game in the last 15-20mins where we have been fading badly.

It was clear the players and crowd responded when he entered the game and got stuck in immediately. He also provided the spaces out wide by digging into the line…. Burton done the rest.

But also crediting the culture he’s cultivated, the team genuinely want to play for each other and the coach - it’s showing with the effort and results under extreme adversity.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The possible doubts about Ciro are looking like they are unfounded.

That actually happened bc of all the usual hype re fitness, new resolve, bonding, this year will be diifferent etc that we have been fed for the past several mserable years of pre-seasons and long unsuccessful seasons of utter tripe.

That ingrained rubbish seemed to have been a rinse and repeat with the Manly loss.

Since then the team bonding and resolve have in fact been evident and the coach looks a winner and has the team gelling.

There's been some seemingly odd selections and bench rotation decisions but its clear that Cam is going to be a great head coach and just the guy we need to set the standards and successful future. It's fair to say he has gained the respect he deserves.

That is to say that there will no doubt still be the usual TK ruckus over team selections, game plans, whinging, dumb players etc to keep us all on our toes lol.

If we look like dead beats against Scabbits then expect the worst on here until we become consistent winners tho.
His selections were only “odd” to some because they didn’t agree with them, but they have since been proven to be completely wrong.
And I have no doubt that if we get toweled up by the bunnies people will shit can the players and the coach but that’s more of a reflection of their football IQ than the quality of the players or coaching.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
His selections were only “odd” to some because they didn’t agree with them, but they have since been proven to be completely wrong.
And I have no doubt that if we get toweled up by the bunnies people will shit can the players and the coach but that’s more of a reflection of their football IQ than the quality of the players or coaching.
No I said seemingly odd. There are still some odd decisions. Ciro finally added benchie relief late in the game to help tired forwards....so realisticly he isn't completely mistake proof. I'm sure he doesn't believe that also. Many had questioned that decision to waste a bench replacement and also that we needed a spark in either Reynolds or KO some said weeks ago. It's a trial and error thing with him too as head coach but its appropriate for fans to have faith in him anyways :grinning:

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went off early in the Manly game and got it totally wrong.

The results speak for themselves. He was coach killed in the first game by the players with errors in the heat. He sorted them out quickly and got us competing in every game since.

The process is there, in terms of cattle we’re still off so all we can ask is that the players stick together and dig out some results and keep improving as the season goes on. Hopefully we get some more troops back soon.
This is exactly what i want out of 2023. We know we lack cattle but it looks like there are better processes there. The attitude is definitely much much better.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the problem with having an open forum, you get individuals that may not even have reached puberty commenting and you have others like me that remember the Hughes and Mortimer families playing and some even older :grinning:. So I guess we have to expect the extremes in everything.

I think some people get sad/depressed when the dogs aren't doing that well and they want someone to blame, I am sure the last ~6 seasons have not helped, and some individuals have a hair trigger.

I am still a believer that the last 6 years have helped us get to where we are going to end up, and that the team we have now, and the staff such as Gus and CC are only on board because of the things we have gone through. Without Andersons coming and going we would unlikley have Gus and therefore CC. But some people still refuse to see Gus and CC as a positive, when we win sure... but first loss and its Sack Ciraldo, he is as bad as Baz, just another assistant from Penrith.

Many people these days want someone to blame and will not accept that they can be wrong. So they will jump at the chance when they can throw in the Sack Ciraldos and 'Assistants' and will wait for the next opportunity to do it again.

With regard to selections, people are calling out now for KO to come in for Flanno, while Ciro is taking a slightly longer path. Ciro will eventually bring him in and if he is successful those will say I have been calling out for it for weeks/months, and would never consider the reason he was successful was because Ciro waited for the right time to bring him in. Also, if he is unsuccessful, others will be calling it a failure of Ciraldo and how the dogs have destroyed another promising player like Mbye and Averillo.

I am comfortable in accepting that Ciraldo knows more about the players at the club than I do, and that he is a better first grade coach than I. He also does things for a reason, even if most people don't know what that reason is. It is also not his job to explain those reasons to everyone, especially if it involves players sensitive ego's, or a developing strategy.

I also know that we cannot win every game, and that consistency is one of the biggest challenges for a young team. We are hoping that our team develops some resiliency and is able to shake of errors and/or bad decisions and get on with the game. Maybe as a supporter base we should look in the mirror.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No I said seemingly odd. There are still some odd decisions. Ciro finally added benchie relief late in the game to help tired forwards....so realisticly he isn't completely mistake proof. I'm sure he doesn't believe that also. Many had questioned that decision to waste a bench replacement and also that we needed a spark in either Reynolds or KO some said weeks ago. It's a trial and error thing with him too as head coach but its appropriate for fans to have faith in him anyways :grinning:
I am not going to pretend I know what’s going through Cameron’s head, but if I where to hazard a Guess I would say that in the early few games he wanted to put some resilience and match fitness into our starting pack,knowing that it was going to be some time before we got anyone back and he had a shallow talent pool to draw on. I just find it laughable that people were questioning his decisions without even waiting to see what the outcomes would be and without knowledge of how the players are training and performing on a day to day basis. Like I have said in a few other posts I am glad he is coaching the side and not some of the muppets on here.

Dogahol

Waterboy
Reaction score
Makes you wonder where we’d be sitting on the ladder right now if we had Thompson, TPJ, Patolo firing on all cylinders from game one ..
I don't think I have ever seen Patolo fire on any cylinders

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This is the problem with having an open forum, you get individuals that may not even have reached puberty commenting and you have others like me that remember the Hughes and Mortimer families playing and some even older :grinning:. So I guess we have to expect the extremes in everything.

I think some people get sad/depressed when the dogs aren't doing that well and they want someone to blame, I am sure the last ~6 seasons have not helped, and some individuals have a hair trigger.

I am still a believer that the last 6 years have helped us get to where we are going to end up, and that the team we have now, and the staff such as Gus and CC are only on board because of the things we have gone through. Without Andersons coming and going we would unlikley have Gus and therefore CC. But some people still refuse to see Gus and CC as a positive, when we win sure... but first loss and its Sack Ciraldo, he is as bad as Baz, just another assistant from Penrith.

Many people these days want someone to blame and will not accept that they can be wrong. So they will jump at the chance when they can throw in the Sack Ciraldos and 'Assistants' and will wait for the next opportunity to do it again.

With regard to selections, people are calling out now for KO to come in for Flanno, while Ciro is taking a slightly longer path. Ciro will eventually bring him in and if he is successful those will say I have been calling out for it for weeks/months, and would never consider the reason he was successful was because Ciro waited for the right time to bring him in. Also, if he is unsuccessful, others will be calling it a failure of Ciraldo and how the dogs have destroyed another promising player like Mbye and Averillo.

I am comfortable in accepting that Ciraldo knows more about the players at the club than I do, and that he is a better first grade coach than I. He also does things for a reason, even if most people don't know what that reason is. It is also not his job to explain those reasons to everyone, especially if it involves players sensitive ego's, or a developing strategy.

I also know that we cannot win every game, and that consistency is one of the biggest challenges for a young team. We are hoping that our team develops some resiliency and is able to shake of errors and/or bad decisions and get on with the game. Maybe as a supporter base we should look in the mirror.
You beat me to it, Great post.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's not surprising at all as he has always done well in the middle
Well why do we continue to play him on an edge and watch him struggle when we have better options?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Well I have confidence in Ciro and happy he is at the club coaching and guiding.

However that does not mean that he is above criticism or that he can do the job better when/if he makes a poor decision.

It's all subjective and even the greatest coaches get criticised and its only natural for fans to have their own opinions.

We are all loyal Dogs fans and only want whats best for the club.

I can see green shoots towards success but I will be holding off thinking Ciraldo is the next coaching messiah after 5 games. If others want to go all in at this stage, that's their perogative.

Only my opinion and I have no problem with those who think otherwise. If we all agreed the TK would be a dull ol' place and not have any traffic.

This does not of course apply to the nay sayers and continuously negative ranters who offer nothing but pessimism.

The club is on the up and that is all that matters to us supporters.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Makes you wonder where we’d be sitting on the ladder right now if we had Thompson, TPJ, Patolo firing on all cylinders from game one ..
4th tbh

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think I have ever seen Patolo fire on any cylinders
He was one of the best forwards in pre season and was guaranteed a bench spot until he fell off the cliff.

I have a feeling its not a knee injury...