News Ciraldo hints at major changes after humiliating loss “Defensively we were terrible.”

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The team change just came through
I think it was the nose
No body knows

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To be fair particularly in the pack we got fk all options for CC to pick from

We didn’t know how good we had it in 2012-2016 with a pack with Graham, Tank, Kas, Beastwood, young Jacko, Finucane

Fast forward today we have Okonbor and Waddell [emoji38]

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He had Nu Brown, Pele, Topine, Kautoga, Hughes, all would be an upgrade on some of the current selections. And all are in form, with the exception of Hughes. Has not played much NSW cup.

We didn’t know how good we had it in 2012-2016 with a pack with Graham, Tank, Kas, Beastwood, young Jacko, Finucane

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think TPJs attempts to play himself into NSW team jeopardised our defensive patterns.

This was compounded by our failure to convert our line break opportunities and before we knew it, we were chasing too many points.

Don't need to make mass changes. Just need to focus on playing as a team defensively. I'd also play Rajab at halfback, Burton at 5/8th with KO off bench.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't blame tpj for our defensive deficiencies, there were 12 other blokes on the field that showed no urgency what so ever to plug the gaps, at least tpj put his head down and had a go, the flogs inside of him should have adjusted, but they just coasted.

Bunch of pea hearts coached by a cat.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
I don't blame tpj for our defensive deficiencies, there were 12 other blokes on the field that showed no urgency what so ever to plug the gaps, at least tpj put his head down and had a go, the flogs inside of him should have adjusted, but they just coasted.

Bunch of pea hearts coached by a cat.
I think our team is collectively soft mentally (and probably physically too).

Sad when I think of how Dogs of old would fight to the death to win a game - never give up.

One prime example is our coming back from almost dead and buried to beat the dirty Parrascum in the 1998 final.

Today's Dogs team would have just folded. Actually, they wouldn't have because they never would have been playing finals footy in the first place.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think our team is collectively soft mentally (and probably physically too).

Sad when I think of how Dogs of old would fight to the death to win a game - never give up.

One prime example is our coming back from almost dead and buried to beat the dirty Parrascum in the 1998 final.

Today's Dogs team would have just folded. Actually, they wouldn't have because they never would have been playing finals footy in the first place.
Agreed! Give us forwards who hit hard, chase hard and wear their heart on their sleeve, this is what the dogs of war was. I could care less about fancy forwards with silky hands. First criteria for selecting forwards to play in the blue and white should be grit.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ciraldo is a complete f..kwit. No matter what the f..k he does behind the scenes (which doesn't seem much) a HUGE part of a coach's role is to select the best players at his disposal and at that just like Barrett he's a complete and utter FAILURE. Waddell in the 17 ahead of Pele when we have no-one who can bend the line. What a f..king deadshit

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Brad Morrin and Jarred Hickey would
Destroy our current pack.

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ciraldo is a complete f..kwit. No matter what the f..k he does behind the scenes (which doesn't seem much) a HUGE part of a coach's role is to select the best players at his disposal and at that just like Barrett he's a complete and utter FAILURE. Waddell in the 17 ahead of Pele when we have no-one who can bend the line. What a f..king deadshit
Gus pulls alot of strings, i reckon CC runs the team past Gus for final approval

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just seen that Moses came out and said he targeted TPJ. This comes after Ciraldud defended TPJ defence post game LOL.
The forum was blaming the sliding defence behind fat boy. Ciraldos Cronies can do no wrong

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The forum was blaming the sliding defence behind fat boy. Ciraldos Cronies can do no wrong
The defence on the inside should've been better but TPJ got baited hard and was pulled miles out of position and didn't even get close to Moses. It was a terrible decision and he did practically the same thing again a few minutes later.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brad Morrin and Jarred Hickey would
Destroy our current pack.
Rubbish.
We play in an era of automatic HIA sin bins.l and hip drops. Hickey was a walking hip drop.
The way of tackling has changed and the guys of yesteryear would hardly be on the field in today's game.

The problem with our guys is that we haven't worked out the most effective way to wrap up guys without giving away a penalty or going off on sin bin.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rubbish.
We play in an era of automatic HIA sin bins.l and hip drops. Hickey was a walking hip drop.
The way of tackling has changed and the guys of yesteryear would hardly be on the field in today's game.

The problem with our guys is that we haven't worked out the most effective way to wrap up guys without giving away a penalty or going off on sin bin.
Difficult to wrap up guys when they are spending the majority of their time clutching at thin air !!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The defence on the inside should've been better but TPJ got baited hard and was pulled miles out of position and didn't even get close to Moses. It was a terrible decision and he did practically the same thing again a few minutes later.
If that was Ogre missing in 2004 Moses would have got smashed by Grimaldi and Mason on the inside.

This team needs to aim up quick smart.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just seen that Moses came out and said he targeted TPJ. This comes after Ciraldud defended TPJ defence post game LOL.
he had to defend him man in front of the cameras. But yeh think everyone agrees his brain snaps have cost us too much this season. It’s time to shop him around.