Ciraldo Coming Up On NRL3Shitty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your's faithfully my bro but i cant say I'll be able to repeat the shit without passing out..
Please dear God, help @KLil come out of this with the same amount of sanity he/she entered with .. [emoji23][emoji23]

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Please dear God, help @KLil come out of this with the same amount of sanity he/she entered with .. [emoji23][emoji23]
Thankfully it was a good convo.. for a coach that should be extremely stressed out he stood tall and made the club look strong under adversity.

Plus Buzz wasnt there and Khunty was a pussy so it made things tht bit more pleasant.. PRAISE THA LORD!

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thankfully it was a good convo.. for a coach that should be extremely stressed out he stood tall and made the club look strong under adversity.

Plus Buzz wasnt there and Khunty was a pussy so it made things tht bit more pleasant.. PRAISE THA LORD!
**** even stuttered trying to ask about the cap

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

That Khunty is such a know it all … he has the most punchable face ..

My father in law recently pointed out to me how much Ennis talks when asked a question, he goes on and on and on …. I hadn’t really notice it before … now he’s pointed it out I can’t listen to him … hope now I’ve pointed it out I’ve passed it on to someone else … [emoji6]

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So none asked him about his decision to leave Averillo on instead of shifting Burton to centers and Reynolds’s to 5/8 or if in hindsight he wishes he had a left Okunbor on bench and brought Casey into starting side?

I thought it was interesting in the presser that he stated he was observing which players this year are showing that they can be a bulldogs next year and onwards.
I have a feeling he was testing Averillo a bit to see how he handles adversity during the game since he is off contract at years end. I’m guessing he thought his injury was not that bad and wanted to see his attitude after being left on.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
So none asked him about his decision to leave Averillo on instead of shifting Burton to centers and Reynolds’s to 5/8 or if in hindsight he wishes he had a left Okunbor on bench and brought Casey into starting side?

I thought it was interesting in the presser that he stated he was observing which players this year are showing that they can be a bulldogs next year and onwards.
I have a feeling he was testing Averillo a bit to see how he handles adversity during the game since he is off contract at years end. I’m guessing he thought his injury was not that bad and wanted to see his attitude after being left on.
Well that and we had no one to replace him with.

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well that and we had no one to replace him with.
My thought was Burto to center to replace Averillo and Reynolds to 5/8. It would have left us really light on the bench as Topine was covering the other side with Kiraz out, but having someone that useless on the field let the Eels capitalize. I’m sure the Eels were happy to see him stay on.

Another interesting option given we were already at long odds to win, would have been to push Burto to fullback and Perham to wing/center.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
My thought was Burto to center to replace Averillo and Reynolds to 5/8. It would have left us really light on the bench as Topine was covering the other side with Kiraz out, but having someone that useless on the field let the Eels capitalize. I’m sure the Eels were happy to see him stay on.
Yeah I thought that as well. Reynolds is all effort but he just isn’t fit enough to play at this level. When he was on most of the inside 10 penalties were called on him. I think it’s best just to stick with Burton at 5/8 and let him find his own way through this period. He found some of that against the cowboys with some back against the wall brilliance. I’m sure we will see that more and more as the game slows down for him at this level.

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah I thought that as well. Reynolds is all effort but he just isn’t fit enough to play at this level. When he was on most of the inside 10 penalties were called on him. I think it’s best just to stick with Burton at 5/8 and let him find his own way through this period. He found some of that against the cowboys with some back against the wall brilliance. I’m sure we will see that more and more as the game slows down for him at this level.
Fair call mate, perhaps we need to look at replacing Reynolds’s with someone who can cover the halves and multiple positions adequately ( normally Nu Brown) as Reynolds is not providing the value we need from that bench spot. Hayward ( halves or hooker) would potential have been a good option so that Kaleb and Op could continue there progression in NSW cup.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Fair call mate, perhaps we need to look at replacing Reynolds’s with someone who can cover the halves and multiple positions adequately ( normally Nu Brown) as Reynolds is not providing the value we need from that bench spot. Hayward ( halves or hooker) would potential have been a good option so that Kaleb and Op could continue there progression in NSW cup.
For sure. Though I’d like to see Karl get a go in Reynolds spot. I think that’s the best way to get him a feel for this level. Not every week. One week on and plays for 20 mins. Then a week or two back in reserves. You could rotate a few that way. Bring the guys in slowly with no pressure. They aren’t expected to be game breakers. Just play a role and have fun.

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
For sure. Though I’d like to see Karl get a go in Reynolds spot. I think that’s the best way to get him a feel for this level. Not every week. One week on and plays for 20 mins. Then a week or two back in reserves. You could rotate a few that way.
I like that idea as well. Also it would give as a chance to see a if one of those future halves steps up in the top grade. If they don’t do well and need more time in reserves, then rotate back.

Some people will say.. ‘but you will ruin there confidence if they don’t step up’, but I would prepare them mentally that it’s just the start of their journey and that if they need to go back to reserves they should not be discouraged but rather work on getting better and hungry for another taste.

History shows that sometimes young players that might not be a standout in reserves actually step up in the top grade and visa versa. In fact I would argue that this happens in other sports as well. Some people are just better on the big stage for whatever reason.

Last edited: