Religious Discussion Thread

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hillsong is a cult and not a religion. Money making scheme.
And yet our Govt has 15? practising happy clapper Ministers and/or Dept Heads/officials/AFP/ADF deciding public policy, and we often see their beliefs and mind sets affecting Australian values and lifestyles.

Should a "cult" of 250,000 worshippers, who believe in the rapture and speaking in tongues, decide, or affect, wholesale public policy in our country?

Last edited:

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
When others point out problems with the leadership of religions or if they point out problems in some belief practices of religion, why is it that you get so defensive?

Why is it that you don't question that belief first, to figure whether the criticism is justified or not?

If the criticism isn't justified, why don't you engage normally to set people straight?
FMD take off your bloody blinkers mate!

I stated on a number of occasions ANYONE who is found guilty and anyone who helped cover it up needed to be prosecuted and most people of faith (Ordinary people) will agree with me on this, it does taint our religion and faith to people... I am not getting defensive on what you are trying to argue with me about, I have not DEFENDED ONCE pedophiles within the church... I will defend my faith to the end though and the mocking that has nothing to do with the guilty priests or hierarchy, big difference, do you understand? it's not hard dude.

However in saying that anyone who doesn't oppose the picture below are fucked... You think religion is brainwashing but the below crap is fine in schools around the Western world? Good help our next generation of marshmallows when the left wing Chinese and co. come after us.

1619144161707.png

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
And yet our Govt has 15? practising happy clapper Ministers and/or Dept Heads/officials/AFP/ADF deciding public policy, and we often see their beliefs and mind sets affecting Australian values and lifestyles.

Should a "cult" of 250,000 worshippers, who believe in the rapture and speaking in tongues, decide, or affect, wholesale public policy in our country?

When you think about Football is a cult! Just saying...

People pay to go, people pay for merchandise, people pay for TV for watch, people donate to it's causes!
Government donates and supports these massive sport organisations even though half the population if not more don't give 2 fucks about it.

Who gets rich? The elite few... hmmm

People have died defending there sport or teams around the world, fights happen and every week people congregate at the stadiums.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
When you think about Football is a cult! Just saying...

People pay to go, people pay for merchandise, people pay for TV for watch, people donate to it's causes!
Government donates and supports these massive sport organisations even though half the population if not more don't give 2 fucks about it.

Who gets rich? The elite few... hmmm

People have died defending there sport or teams around the world, fights happen and every week people congregate at the stadiums.
But football players aren't running the country.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
But football players aren't running the country.

HAHAHAHA You think the CEO and co. don't have say in the money they're getting from government?
You don't think they had pull to rip down the SFS and rebuild etc?
You don't think so many players got away with crimes because they're players? Yes one or two literally here and there got done tokens like your arguments with priests.
How many times has players behavior sexual assaults and crimes been covered up?

You cannot handle this happens in all society in every organisation!

Name me one organisation it doesn't happen?

All you Christian bashers are HYPOCRTIE!

Blinkers blinkers blinkers!

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
However in saying that anyone who doesn't oppose the picture below are fucked... You think religion is brainwashing but the below crap is fine in schools around the Western world? Good help our next generation of marshmallows when the left wing Chinese and co. come after us.

1619144161707.png
Can you answer a question for me. 3% of our population is deemed to be LGBT, hence we would assume 97% are heterosexual.

This 3% of the population grew up in a pre-dominantly heterosexual world, hence why weren't they "brainwashed" or accustomed to live "normal" like everyone else?

Because what you're suggesting here is that if we bring up kids viewing the sexual world in a certain way, that they'll choose to be that sexuality but that doesn't prove to be the case with the question I posed you.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why would you not question your beliefs? Isn't that blindly following?

Thousands of years of history had humans at one stage worshipping the sun, until we questioned and worked out the sun is just a ball of gas and not a god.
I honestly don't mind religion. It does a lot of good. I make fun of it all the time, but I make fun of everything and everyone. But this is one of the core tenants that causes religion to be a problem at times.

The bible clearly states that your faith must be solid. You can't question it. You have to blindly follow. Which is fine, believe what you want. But it creates a system where you believe that you are 100% right, which means that anyone who thinks differently is 100% wrong and should not be accepted. It's the same mentality that has lead to some of the most horrible atrocities in human history. When you believe the other side is 100% incorrect then their rights no longer matter to you.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
FMD take off your bloody blinkers mate!

I stated on a number of occasions ANYONE who is found guilty and anyone who helped cover it up needed to be prosecuted and most people of faith (Ordinary people) will agree with me on this, it does taint our religion and faith to people... I am not getting defensive on what you are trying to argue with me about, I have not DEFENDED ONCE pedophiles within the church... I will defend my faith to the end though and the mocking that has nothing to do with the guilty priests or hierarchy, big difference, do you understand? it's not hard dude.

View attachment 23435
Re the picture. I wouldn't want my kids to physically sit on the lap of a man that dresses like a woman. For me that just doesn't sit right. I wouldn't want my child sitting on any man's lap tbh. I wouldn't mind them at all being around men who dress as women (LBGQT or whatever), talking and hearing their stories. They aren't animals who should be viewed from a cage loll...

If the parents of those children were given the option. And they chose that was ok. Who the hell cares. We don't live in the 50s where everything is taboo. People are free to choose and live their life like they want.

Just because i wouldn't want my kids to be in that position, doesn't make me "right" or "wrong". The choice should be mine what i do with myself or my children (until their adults)... unless its illegal, that goes without saying.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The one thing that spells political death in Australia is being overtly religious, fortunately, Scomo doesn't make a big thing of it.
Australians tend to have very little time for god botherers of any type.
Do a little investigating to find out just how much our Govt Boards, Judiciary, politics, Defence force have been slowly, but surely, replaced with Hillsong and their ilk and the meteoric rises they are achieving.

Governor General. NSW Police Chief its said.

They have them actively running for mayors, councillors in local government, all the way up, through State and then Federal politics.

And these specific churches don't have much in common with other religions either ...for all those Catholics etc out there.

These Australian Christian Churches (Assemblies of God etc) breakaways are increasing in astounding numbers while other religions are losing out to them, especially targetting the young.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hillsong did that to one of our family members. She developed dementia and was on her way out, so Hillsong sent lawyers and got her to change her will to donate everything to the church. Fortunately we got it overturned because she had already been declared not competent.
Hillsong is one of many religious organisations that are toxic and hypocritical to a degree beyond mere "everyone is human" hand waving.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I believe in God, but dont believe in churches. You dont need to go to a special building to have faith. Most of them are businesses anyway imo.
Let's get a bit technical though. Which aspect of God do you believe in though, would you say the Holy Trinity (Father, Son & Holy Spirit)?

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you know,

If you took all the violent, intolerant, bigoted, nonsensical and irrelevant parts out of the bible it would only
be about three pages long.
Now not enough people know that!
(The same could be said about the internet...)

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

It struck me the other day that when a God botherer says words to the effect that,
"God has spoken to me..." or "God has revealed to me..." etc etc,
Wouldn't you think that if the almighty really wanted to let us in on his great
plan he would have cut to the chase and told everyone the same thing at the same time...